Sign in to follow this  
rksl-rock

RKSL Studios Merlin HC3 v2.010 Released

We are happy to announce another updated release of the RAF Merlin HC3

First of all, this is STILL a BETA. Earlier this year I took the decision not to update or develop this version of the Merlin further for ArmA2. The release of the 2.6+ Typhoon with the updated RKSL Flare System meant that everything else had to be reworked and re-released. So its best just to think of this as yet another Work in progress. It is definitely is not finished...yet.

Merlinhc3_biforums_release.jpg

This addon is a representation of the Royal Air Force’s Merlin HC3 Medium Lift Helicopter. It may not be the most accurate or the most beautiful but its ours and we are rather proud of it.

ArmA3 will see yet another incarnation of the Models. This time armed and rather dangerous. but You'll just have to wait for that :)

We hope you enjoy it.

Features

• BETA Features
  • Auto/Manual Landing gear toggle
  • Cockpit Audio Warnings - aka Bitchin' Betty (can be switched off)
  • Fully Instrumented cockpit and warnings
  • Integrated Self Destruct script. to make vehicle respawning easier in Domination etc
  • Laser Designator in the Optical Turret.
  • Unarmed (U) version holds 34 cargo slots

Changelog

1.000B - - 7/7/13 - Final BETA for ArmA2.

0.800B - - 30/11/10 - Test bed

0.723E - - 25/05/10 - 2nd Public Beta - Full lods and fixes

0.719E - - 22/05/10 - First Public Beta

0.705B - - 18/05/10 - PC Format Special Edition

0.700E - - DAR-V Flight Testbed

0.691E - - UNSOG Testbed

0.600I - - 1st Generation 4 model

0.500I - - Gen 3 Hybrid Model

0.460I - - Gen 2 ArmA1/VBS2 Build

0.300E - - Gen1 ArmA1 VCB Build

0.291I - - Gen1 Flight Model Development Testbad

0.100I - - OFP Model Test.

Notes

1. ArmA3 will see yet another incarnation of the Models. This time armed and rather dangerous. but You'll just have to wait for that :)
  2. The package includes the same required files as the v2.601 Typhoon has just overwrite them.
  3. This package DOES NOT need any other files to run. If you receive any errors check to see you aren't running any other version of the RKSL FLares.

Mirrors:

RKSL Studios: RKSL-Merlin-HC3-v2-010-ALLINONE.rar 35.1MB

Edited by RKSL-Rock

Nice.

Cheers for the work and the awaited release.

What's left now? the Harrier, Tornado and some misc ships?

Congrats and thanks for the hard work. Aholic informed.

Cheers.

Great release mate, thanks.

Really just want that bad boy - Tornado GR4 now :)

...What's left now? the Harrier, Tornado and some misc ships?

Oh well you know... a lot. :)

Today there will be two more releases. After that, we'll have to see.

Really just want that bad boy - Tornado GR4 now :)

Sorry but you are just going to have to wait for that. Its nowhere near ready. Yet.

Awesome!

After the stunning weather, incredible sporting achievements (Lions, Wimbledon, Tour de France), July is turning out to be stunning...

IIRC doesn't BAF feature a Merlin?

If so, any chance of someone crafting a replacement pack?

Sorry but you are just going to have to wait for that. Its nowhere near ready. Yet.

Yep thats fine mate, fully understand :)

Anyways, just to let you know, for some reason using the newer files "radarsys & system" .pbo's has messed my RKSL folder up. It was working fine

before, but used the files in this new download you put up today and its now giving me this error:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/djkaplin/rty_zps3ae2db7b.png (117 kB)

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks again.

Yep thats fine mate, fully understand :)

Anyways, just to let you know, for some reason using the newer files "radarsys & system" .pbo's has messed my RKSL folder up. It was working fine

before, but used the files in this new download you put up today and its now giving me this error:

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk10/djkaplin/rty_zps3ae2db7b.png (117 kB)

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks again.

Yes. Somewhere is there is an old version of the flares loaded. You are either running the BETA files (2.03 or earlier) or have Sarmat's IL76 or Wings of Russia/Cold war by Muckep folders active. The earlier BETA versions are NOT compatible with the new aircraft.

Yes. Somewhere is there is an old version of the flares loaded. You are either running the BETA files (2.03 or earlier) or have Sarmat's IL76 or Wings of Russia/Cold war by Muckep folders active. The earlier BETA versions are NOT compatible with the new aircraft.

Yep, thought so... so where can I get the new updated flares then please mate? and thanks.

Yep, thought so... so where can I get the new updated flares then please mate? and thanks.

Flares in the Typhoon release and in this new Merlin release.

Yup they are all included in the ALL-IN-ONE packages. Muckep needs to update his configs. There will be a tutorial on the RKSL Website soon-ish.

Taken it out for a spin and thoroughly enjoyed this update :)

Any plans of adding plug-ins to this like in the Typhoon pack in the future? Would love to see these in different colour schemes and an REDFOR variant would be especially cool ;)

I'm guessing the next on the list is the AH-7/AH-9 update :)

Taken it out for a spin and thoroughly enjoyed this update :)

Any plans of adding plug-ins to this like in the Typhoon pack in the future? Would love to see these in different colour schemes and an REDFOR variant would be especially cool ;)

I'm guessing the next on the list is the AH-7/AH-9 update :)

Plugins are already possible with the Merlin. More on that another time though.

Yes it should have come out the same day but I've come across some issues that i didnt have the time to fix. Maybe this week, maybe next.

Rock - I take it that the RKSL system, flare system, and core system are all outdated now then? I do mean the ones which are standalone here, here and here on Armaholic.

If so then I will notify Foxhound about they need updating unless you wish to personally message him? I say this because that is the ones I used before and was why it wasnt working right.

All is good now though, thanks :)

Rock - I take it that the RKSL system, flare system, and core system are all outdated now then? I do mean the ones which are standalone here, here and here on Armaholic.

If so then I will notify Foxhound about they need updating unless you wish to personally message him? I say this because that is the ones I used before and was why it wasnt working right.

All is good now though, thanks :)

Yeah they are completely out of date. Just remove them I'll package up the current (2.04) pack this weekend and drop you a line. The old ones are just causing problems now.

Yeah they are completely out of date. Just remove them I'll package up the current (2.04) pack this weekend and drop you a line. The old ones are just causing problems now.

Yep all good mate, send either me or Foxhound a PM with the latest files once they are ready. Fox has disabled them older pages for now as they were outdated :)