Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Discussion on "Axed" Features

Or just take a look at some more informed places - BISim Linkedin profile shows no connection to BI and even BISim pages speak about acquisition by Riverside :icon_twisted: We know the people, speak to each other, but they are the different company.

A. maybe BISim should change there logo, that alone can cause confusion

B. thnx for the linkin link but i am not interested in "join" linkin just to look at trivial information.

C. did you (some one from BI) not write the wikipedia page? if so maybe you should update it as it is the first link that Google spits out when you do a search for VBS2.

:)

Assumption means free spirit.

Believe me lots of things provided to human as a "fact" (lots of examples at history/education/everyday's things) -and with plenty of "proof" supporting that *fact-doesn't mean is the truth.

Think outside the sardine-can

No need to think outside a (sardine) can, a box usually suffices...

Or just take a look at some more informed places - BISim Linkedin profile shows no connection to BI and even BISim pages speak about acquisition by Riverside :icon_twisted: We know the people, speak to each other, but they are the different company.

Don't mean to prolong the VBS2/Arma discussion but how do you then explain how features ie..Scuba/ new waypoints ie Loiter etc.. seem to show up at the exact same time...

Coincidence? Espionage? :rolleyes: Wikileaks?

Please let's stop the BIS vs. BISim discussion and return back on topic.

so im guessing BIS are going to prioritize the stable release first THEN maybe work on features as there isn't a deadline.. which means they wont be rushed.

That's what should be compared with vanilla ArmA3. After release. And then Arma will continue to grow with a stable functional. And that so difficult to understand?

Speaking of "difficult to understand": Why do you not understand the actual POINT of the Alpha/Beta: To provde feedback. And that's what is currently being provided by some people. If you start providing feedback after the game is released, you are a little lte to the party. I wonder how often this little fact has to be repeated until everyone got it ?

If you complain about the Stalker comparison by quoting that Stalker doesn't even have IK, then you have not understood ANYTHING that has been criticized at all.

From what I've read from the devs here I can now rest easy about the "Axed" features. ;)

These features just could not be completed in time for a 2013 release, so they got put on hold for now...

I'm sure these features will return someday as ArmA 2 has been supported for 4 years since its release with expansions/patches.

/end of discussion for me personally lol!

BTW : Happy 4th B-Day ArmA 2! :cool:

I'm sorry I gave you up for ArmA 3 lol!

Speaking of "difficult to understand": Why do you not understand the actual POINT of the Alpha/Beta: To provde feedback.

Not quite. Aside from generating publicity and early resources, an open Alpha and Beta is to provide feedback DURING the development process--to fix and tweak all that will make it in to release. After release, the devs can work on more stuff without the pressure of a release date while still getting feedback. It's not like they're going to jump sheep once the game is finished.

True, I can't remember any major features introduced in ArmA2 OA beta patches, just fixes.

This is what's the problem with this community.

The mind-set is that "Boo, BIS can not provide!!!"

The reworked net-code with interpolation between movement?

Seriously, am I the only one who played before 1.54 beta patches and 1.60 main patch?

FXAA, SMAA? Dwarden and co. are the reason the game got suddenly so much better looking for almost zero performance drop.

A much better video settings menu?

A recoil rework?

ArmA 2 was unplayable for all other purposes than roleplaying a soldier with correct terminology since everything warped like hell all the time.

Seriously, am I the only one who played before 1.54 beta patches and 1.60 main patch?

FXAA, SMAA? Dwarden and co. are the reason the game got suddenly so much better looking for almost zero performance drop.

A recoil rework?

ArmA 2 was unplayable for all other purposes than roleplaying a soldier with correct terminology since everything warped like hell all the time.

I wouldn't call these things new gameplay features, I would call them tweaks or fixes.

I wouldn't call these things new gameplay features, I would call them tweaks or fixes.

I wouldn't call weapon resting/ bipod handling a "feature", but a fix to prone recoil.

It's nothing else than an animation and a tweak to the recoil modifier.

The reworked netcode and interpolation opened up actual Player Versus Player environment.

If that isn't a gameplay feature, I don't know what you guys want.

I hope BIS knows that almost everyone who has played this series for more than a year appreciates the fact that they will come up with something super nice every once in a while.

Edited by Primarch
Fixed a brainfart

I know, but I think people are asking for too much. All of a sudden, people want A3 to be the best game in the universe and have every possible feature they can think off. Some of them should have been in A3, but BI doesn't seem to have the resources to pull it off yet.

People want things in vanilla that enthusiastic players made as mods for the predecessors. Not too much asked, I guess.

People want things in vanilla that enthusiastic players made as mods for the predecessors. Not too much asked, I guess.

It is too much asked, tell me how many modders were there in A2?

Hundreds, maybe a thousand.

At least more than 70. How much time did they have? Over four years?

ArmA 3 has been in development at most for four years with a -really badly- executed scheduling. Only during late 2012 BIS actually seemed to realize what they actually want of the game.

ArmA 3 dev count is somewhere around 70. They've done a lot under the hood. Look at the first impressions thread so you see all the things that have improved since A2 as you're most likely already very used to them by now.

ArmA 3 has been in development at most for four years with a -really badly- executed scheduling. Only during late 2012 BIS actually seemed to realize what they actually want of the game.

ArmA 3 dev count is somewhere around 70. They've done a lot under the hood. Look at the first impressions thread so you see all the things that have improved since A2 as you're most likely already very used to them by now.

4 years? How?! Arma 2 OA has been released in 2010

4 years? How?! Arma 2 OA has been released in 2010

So?

ArmA 2 was released 2009, someone had an idea by then what to make of A3. The thinking phase on what to do with the next game start usually before the former game is even released. That's how you keep people busy.

I hope someone from BIS can chime in and tell us the year they started to talk about A3 in its current form of a future combat game.

ArmA 3 dev count is somewhere around 70.

Really? Source? I thought they were like 15-30 ppl on the Arma 3 Team.

Not quite. Aside from generating publicity and early resources, an open Alpha and Beta is to provide feedback DURING the development process

That differs from what I said... how ?

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

The mindset (at least mine) is to tell BIS when I think development is going the wrong way. This has nothing to do with "BIS can't provide". There are decisions being made that are conceptual in nature, not "baaa, we need feature X". Features can be added, but conceptual changes are not going to happen.

Really? Source? I thought they were like 15-30 ppl on the Arma 3 Team.

Jay Crowe said it in one of the E3 videos.

A recoil rework?

Amen..., and Bis is still patching A2.

Arma 3 will follow the same course. Development will continue post-Gold release.

With Bis, release dates are sign-posts on a long development cycle.

It ain't finished til they say it's finished.

i really would like to see ArmA 3 delayed as much as possible ... i don't see how it can be playable in 4 months or so from now ! still needs some 1 or 2 years ... arma 2 can survive that !

i really would like to see ArmA 3 delayed as much as possible ... i don't see how it can be playable in 4 months or so from now ! still needs some 1 or 2 years ... arma 2 can survive that !
... yeah, DnA made it clear months ago that this is exactly what's not going to happen.