Sign in to follow this  
jacmac

Controlling parachutes

After opening a parachute, I only seem to be able to control left and right turn with the joystick. I can only speed up with the num8 key. What controls is the parachute supposed to be linked to? It definitely is not vehicle or movement.

I'm having a problem where the parachute will suddenly turn right (at seemingly random intervals) with no input from me and I can't figure out what is causing it. It sure is frustrating.

WASD; no problem at all with it.

Do you have any idea which controls the parachute control is linked to? WASD does nothing at all; most of my controls have been redefined.

Is this really something that needs its own topic?

You said it yourself you changed the controls, so figure it out.

Dear god make the pointless threads for single ridiculous questions end! :mad:

That's what I thought they were linked to, but helecopter controls seem to affect it. I have partial control now, but randomly the parachute will violently pull to the right about 180 degrees before stopping.

Is this really something that needs its own topic?

You said it yourself you changed the controls, so figure it out.

Dear god make the pointless threads for single ridiculous questions end! :mad:

maybe i'ts time to calm down, and maybe it's also time to stop making ridiculous post?

the problem op has, it's the lack of analog input controls, it's 4 months that im waiting for bis to fix the analog rt and lt of my xbox controller, probably op have the same issue.

Parachutes are now affected by wind too from my observations which is a nice touch.

Having issues myself.

Freefall can control left/right spin (yaw) with gaming controller analog stick. BUT have to use keyboard for forward/backward tracking. Once chute is pulled, can not control in MP. Spin is erratic and we often break ankles on impact. Tested and played dozens of jumps so far. Always the same. SP works good to use keyboard, but MP odd behavior and THUD, ouch! :k:

Good times. Even with current (public beta) version, still super fun!

----------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

BETA 0.72 Did more testing and still major problems in MP. Single player works good, but in MP its near impossible to controller after we pull cord. Chutes always pull hard to left and we die on impact may 80% of the time. And the 20% we do not we always get hurt pretty bad. Believe we've done 60 or 70 jumps now and NEVER have we both had good clean landings at the same time. Hmmm... Fingers crossed this gets fixed at some point.

Edited by Goblin
BETA 0.72 Update Testing