Sign in to follow this  
Lightninguk

Missions with parachutes

How would i start a missions were the guys start at 300meters high and have a parachute on to sim a para drop

thanks for your infor on this

put the guys at elevation 300 and in the init : this AddBackpack "B_Parachute";

sorry i know this is a noob questions how i set them up to 300

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

ok sorry done it

this AddBackpack "B_Parachute";this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 200];

works well

instead of starting a new post can anybody help me with this below

next question how would i mark the Drop Zone with smoke during the day and a camlight during the night

thank for the input

sorry i know this is a noob questions how i set them up to 300

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

ok sorry done it

this AddBackpack "B_Parachute";this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 200];

works well

instead of starting a new post can anybody help me with this below

next question how would i mark the Drop Zone with smoke during the day and a camlight during the night

thank for the input

in the right side of unit panel in the editor (when you put a unit) you can see elevation, set the number there, the setpos can give you problems, and this is also good for an example -10 for scuba

in the right side of unit panel in the editor (when you put a unit) you can see elevation, set the number there, the setpos can give you problems, and this is also good for an example -10 for scuba

thanks a lot that is great

thank for the input

You could just spawn those items in. Place down a marker called mrkDropZone then something like:

0 = ["mrkDropZone"] execVM "smokechem.sqf";

smokechem.sqf:

private ["_clpos", "_dawn", "_dusk"];

_marker = _this select 0;

_time = daytime;
_dawn = 4;
_dusk = 20;

_clPos = getMarkerPos _marker;

_night = if (_time > _dawn && _time < _dusk) then [{false}, {true}];

if (_night) then {
_sizeZone = 10;
_angle = 0;
_radius = 10; // needs to be a circle with equal a and b
_distanceBetweenPosts = 15; // meters
_count = round((2 * 3.14592653589793 * _radius) / _distanceBetweenPosts);
_step = 360/_count;

for "_x" from 0 to _count do
{
	_a = (_clPos select 0)+(sin(_angle)*_radius);
	_b = (_clPos select 1)+(cos(_angle)*_radius);

_pos = [_a,_b,_clPos select 2];
	_angle = _angle + _step;

_light = "Chemlight_green" createVehicle _pos;
	_light setPos _pos;
};
} else {
_smoke = "SmokeShellGreen" createVehicle _clPos;
};

At night it'll spawn 4 green chemlights around the marker. During the day it'll spawn a green smoke grenade at the marker.

300m is a bit low? I jump over 36,000' (11,111m) then fall through the great clouds. Good chance you miss the LZ but trying to 'fly' there is half the fun. :p

What I do to keep everything in-game; is set your chemlights and smoke (both or one) then just Sync with Trigger. Set Trigger to activate when ANY BLUFOR enters the LZ, or you can GROUP the Trigger to you (or anyone) so only YOU would trigger it. Set the Trigger around the LZ at whatever size you want/need.

Sidenote: Parachuting in MP (LAN) causes most landings to be very rough because can not steer. Also hand positions are not correct. Just hang there. Oh, and no sound when opening the chute. Should be loud and dramatic. Anyone else?

Love parachuting into an operation! Very Cool!!

I love using parachutes in my missions, I almost had a script working to get a team to drop in from a helo at a certain location and parachute to the waypoint but it didn't quite go as planned and they decided to just die mid-air hah.

300m is a bit low? I jump over 36,000' (11,111m) then fall through the great clouds.

Indeed, but in the current build parachutes are... iffy. So the lower the better for now. Once the full system is in then HALO to your hearts content. :)