Sign in to follow this  
alduric

Podagorsk problem

Yeah I got that early on with importing TK into Arma 3, from what I can tell the problem is caused by small ponds large ones seem to work ok.

Very annoying since it breaks my solution to my previous problems with water on TK. Can you as a player fix it? I don't think you really can, I could be wrong:)

Yeah I got that early on with importing TK into Arma 3, from what I can tell the problem is caused by small ponds large ones seem to work ok.

Very annoying since it breaks my solution to my previous problems with water on TK. Can you as a player fix it? I don't think you really can, I could be wrong:)

What exactly ponds have no problems? I have tried mostly all Chernarus ponds and custom one - the issue is not resolved.

Try using aia, I believe there was a fix for pond issue.

I have no issues with vanila Chernarus imported by hands. This problem reveals only in the custom island.

Edited by Dead Kennedy

This happens on quite a few custom maps when you play All in Arma.

Have you played with minHeight= ?

Not sure that this parameter are realy can affect this. You are talking about terrain.cfg, right?

This happens on quite a few custom maps when you play All in Arma.

In fact, most custom islands haven't ponds, but i know htat this did'nt happen ot the Chernarus and Zargabad. There's must be a reason, but i can't find it.

Edited by Dead Kennedy

Dead Kennedy how you have ported chernarus to arma 3 without aia ?

And on youtube i see sahrani ported to arma3, is there anywhere a tutorial for porting maps to a3 ?

Ok I guess this is a good thread to ask. Is it possible to... port in Arma 2 maps to arma 3 and then share the game-play on say a server? Does everyone else need AiA and the previous games, or can you get around that at all? Sorry I am sure this is a dumb question but I have searched for nearly a week and I just can't find basic I don't mod anything answer.

Not sure that this parameter of realy can affect this. You are talking about terrain.cfg, right?

I was talking about the value in terrain.pbl.

Dead Kennedy how you have ported chernarus to arma 3 without aia ?

And on youtube i see sahrani ported to arma3, is there anywhere a tutorial for porting maps to a3 ?

Simply dropped all needed pbos and pretendted to not noticed multiple config errors :) This is enough for test purposes.

Ok I guess this is a good thread to ask. Is it possible to... port in Arma 2 maps to arma 3 and then share the game-play on say a server? Does everyone else need AiA and the previous games, or can you get around that at all? Sorry I am sure this is a dumb question but I have searched for nearly a week and I just can't find basic I don't mod anything answer.

Don't think this is a good idea, and BIS will happy to know this. In any way - new versions of the pbos are packed with a new algorithm and it will not work without a lots of fap with repacking of all this stuff.

Thanks for the info Dead Kennedy I didn't think it was a good idea, I know some maps are dependent on Chernus information but were independently built. Thanks

Colleagues! I managed to find out the cause of this bug with a little help of AusSnipe73 and my reliable source close to the BI :)

This is a bug of water shader. It appears when more than one pond object renders in the screen (in the whole render zone even if we do not see them, to be exact). BI are acknowledged of this problem and all appearances - decided to not fix it. The object, that AusSnipe73 created, does not use no shader and causes no "Podagorsk problem", but looks some weird. However, it is suited for the swamps for example.

We will try to test this bug on a different custom objects and look for the not so flat-looking solution. I'll send a sitrep to this topic if we achieve some success. And maybe release our pond here.

Unfortunately, it seems that at this moment the "Podagorsk/Beketov problem" has no solution, and these islands are fully not playable under the Arma3 engine until the island-makers do not change all the ponds with no-shadered ones.

Edited by Dead Kennedy

Any luck Dead Kennedy? ;) 346 days passed =)

I have bunch of islands with ponds well over 0 height, so any help would be welcome to put my A2 work in A3.

I remember playing Podagorsk without the bug (or maybe just ignored it because at the time almost all A2 island had the problem) but if the bug was actually there it was not so game breaking.

Im using a Radeon7950, maybe this problem could affect more to Nvidia cards?

Ill try again the island to refresh my memory

Any luck Dead Kennedy? ;) 346 days passed =)

Nope, i gave up :)

Just placed single pond object on my island where it was realy necessary and deleted any others.