Sign in to follow this  
laverniusregalis

How the the explosives under 'Effects' module tab in dev build work?

I can't seem to figure out how to make them work, and it looks like there's several, a Titan and two mortars.

Hi,

they're going to be modules which will allow you to drop an artillery shell on the location, with proper sound and visual effects. However, they are not finished yet and they accidentally slipped to the public version. Sorry for the confusion.

The smoke one would be awesome if it had a "persistent" value on it so it would just keep generating smoke instead of just creating a single smoke grenade.

Good point, should be easy to add.

There do seem to be some smoke types, well at least one.

with this in a trigger it I think it would give endless smoke.

smoke = createvehicle ["test_EmptyObjectForSmoke",position thistrigger,[],0,"none"];

Hi,

they're going to be modules which will allow you to drop an artillery shell on the location, with proper sound and visual effects. However, they are not finished yet and they accidentally slipped to the public version. Sorry for the confusion.

So the Titan should be..... noticeable, to say the least? :V

with this in a trigger it I think it would give endless smoke.

Ahh yeah, that's awesome nice wrecky smoke. Would like the colored smoke options for things like drop zones or other effects too though.

Hi,

Does this work now? I'm trying to simulate an artillery attack on an empty mountain while I walk with a patrol at night thru a valley. I'm a total new at scripting and mission editing so I have not yet learned the support provider and requester thingy, specially when I just what them to shoot at an area not a unit.

Thanks in advance for your help.