hcpookie

"Legacy of Cold War" aircraft models pack

DUUURR sure enough its in the .ZIP file. Huh, they didn't comment it into the documentation LOL OK thanks for pointing that out. I am going to put the Tu95 into its own thread today once I get it to "beta release" stage. For posterity here are the contents of the current .ZIP:

an124.pbo

an12bkv3.pbo

an148.pbo

an22.pbo

an225.pbo

an24rv.pbo

an24rv3.pbo

an26v3.pbo

an28.pbo

b2a.pbo

b52h.pbo

b737.pbo

b747.pbo

be200.pbo

bizon_3ms.pbo

Bo105.pbo

galaxy_c5.pbo

il18d.pbo

il62m.pbo

il76td.pbo

il96.pbo

lun903.pbo

mig29.pbo

nuclearb.pbo

pak_fa.pbo

s76.pbo

sr71a.pbo

su24m.pbo

su27b.pbo

su35.pbo

tu114.pbo

tu144d.pbo

tu154m.pbo

tu16.pbo

tu95ms.pbo

wop_gui.pbo

wop_pilot.pbo

yak42.pbo

zubr_12322.pbo

I've tinkered around and have had the C-5 Galaxy working in A3 for a couple months now. It flies, the nose goes up, the ramp drops, people can even walk around inside of it. The biggest issue I've got is I can't get vehicles to drive up the ramps/inside the fuselage. Though I'm thinking of stopping now, because for every issue I fix, half a dozen pop up. With a 10GB bandwidth limit a month and satellite internet, I can barely get anything done anymore. :/

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

I've tinkered around and have had the C-5 Galaxy working in A3 for a couple months now. It flies, the nose goes up, the ramp drops, people can even walk around inside of it. The biggest issue I've got is I can't get vehicles to drive up the ramps/inside the fuselage. Though I'm thinking of stopping now, because for every issue I fix, half a dozen pop up. With a 10GB bandwidth limit a month and satellite internet, I can barely get anything done anymore. :/

I can get vehicles into the A3 An72. Feel free to send it too me and I'll have a look for you.

Gnat;2528018']I can get vehicles into the A3 An72. Feel free to send it too me and I'll have a look for you.
Is there a thread about this A3-native An-72?

YES - working sonobuoys! :) You get "reveal"-ed targets for a while then it times out, so the Tu-142 sub hunter will have something to do instead of just fly in circles :) I don't see why the sonobuoy script could be easily adapted for a sonar array on a boat.

I'm pleased with the ejected shells... they trail off really nice. Also the engine exhaust works really well as you can see. Rear gun barrels need to be added to the proper gunner views.

VERY CLOSE to release - should be this weekend as expected. I have yet to tweak the Tu-142 model and some additional model cleanup in the gunner/pilot views. GOOD NEWS - saved 20MB compressed (!!) in the Tu95 package.

And yes the GLT missilebox and EB_missilebox addons will be a requirement for the A2 version! Loadouts depend on the GLT and EB_ configurations.

Not sure how I'm going to do the A3 missile loadouts as of yet. The AS4 / Kh-22 is a pretty impressive missile, as is the As-15 / Kh-65 cruise missile. Sorry, no nukes in this package. Doubtful I'll add the nuke version of the Kh-55 but who knows.

Kh-22 on wing pylons: https://fcpnuq.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2po1fxg4XuwUNRmjm5PsyYE4XPoHKgY22paNksfoY2UXGMhOflmqnqRxQNeM_m5-YC6hHvI35Y_MsHa6Ks6HX356BjF0WeqSXwQC7ChFVdWLo/Kh22.jpg

Had to fend off a pesky CAP while dropping sonobuoys in the AO... rear guns are surprisingly difficult to aim!

reargun1.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

... not just some mesh an art student posted and forgot about :cool:

;) + 5 chars.

YES - working sonobuoys! :) You get "reveal"-ed targets for a while then it times out, so the Tu-142 sub hunter will have something to do instead of just fly in circles :) I don't see why the sonobuoy script could be easily adapted for a sonar array on a boat.
I would like to ask, what permissions would other modders have to utilize this sonobuoy/sonar array capability for warship mods?

Well I hope you don't mind me posting the updated version of the Su-27 and B52 and B2 versions working in Arma 3. Not many shiny features, but they work.

ftp://83.89.37.138/su27b.zip

ftp://83.89.37.138/b52h.zip

ftp://83.89.37.138/b2a.zip

Do you require "all in arma" for them to work I've downloaded all 3 and it CTD saying I need dikCodes.h. All I've done is try to set them empty in the editor and it CTD. Do I have to get the dikcodes from arma 2? Would really like to see these birds in arma 3 even if they aren't as polished up as the f/a-18 if they work that's good enough for me.

I would like to ask, what permissions would other modders have to utilize this sonobuoy/sonar array capability for warship mods?

Well of course feel free to use and tweak the sonobuoy script all you want! :cool:

Quick update - I just finished the A2 version:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166660-Tu95-and-Tu142-Bombers

Now to get all the A3-specific settings...

Do you require "all in arma" for them to work I've downloaded all 3 and it CTD saying I need dikCodes.h. All I've done is try to set them empty in the editor and it CTD. Do I have to get the dikcodes from arma 2? Would really like to see these birds in arma 3 even if they aren't as polished up as the f/a-18 if they work that's good enough for me.

You should extract it on top of the folder with all the converted models.

FYI -

A question was raised about the fact that the links in the license have only SOME of the planes listed. One in particular was the Su-27 / Su-35. I asked Mukcep on the Armaholic forum about the Su-27 models. Mukcep's reply:

Su-27 it's free model from Bill Wolfgen, but i don't have permission on release it.

http://www.avsim.su/f/fsx-aircrafts-79/su-27-25560.html

So I went to that AVSIM.SU link and via translator I got this:

There are different textures, cabin only 2D, no GPS

→ File name: 25560-su27flnk.zip

→ Size: 61 784kb

→ Date: 3 years ago (2009 13:53 GMT)

→ Author: Bill Wolfgen

→ Submitted By: SAMARA63 (submitted by 33 file)

→ Allow Moderator: SLAVJAN

→ License: Freeware-free version, the spread is not restricted

→ Downloaded: 6788 times

SO I'm reading that it is Freeware. So those looking at a Su-27/30/35 etc. should be in luck! Not sure other than Tinter's work if anyone else is working on those particular aircraft.

I haven't vetted the other ones... however Mukcep seems to be really keen on getting "free" stuff and it will surely just be a matter of time to get confirmation from him or find the original author's posts to validate the "Free" status of the other aircraft. It would be a terrible thing to start on something as involved as an aircraft mod just to find it didn't have permission to be ported :(

Regarding the license, mukcep has ported my own An28 model's conversion from X-plane into FSX, and actually he had not asked me for permission to use the model regardless my e-mail that I included in the package. Perhaps he just asked for the permission an author of the base X-plane model which I converted, and that is Vadim Duplishev. Beside that fact, of course I have no objection against using the model in ARMA2 and I hope that mukcep really made a contact with Vadim to get his permission. By the way, great heads up, and thank you for posting this interesting package!

Does anyone know if there was also a C-17 around available for download? Ive seen it on a couple of youtube videos..