hcpookie

"Legacy of Cold War" aircraft models pack

Have you found what was wrong? I have the same problem with an F-15E I'm working on that I want to release as well, with permissions from the Author of course.

Dave,

I think it's some animation problem, pretty much nothing on it animates.

Also, I'm guessing for many things, the lock on warning system doesn't work. Hopefully this'll be helpful.

// This adds a sound when a missile is heading your way.
	soundIncommingMissile[] = {"\A3\Sounds_F\weapons\Rockets\locked_3",0.1,1.5}; 
	//This will fix the echo when in the cockpit.
	attenuationEffectType = "HeliAttenuation";
	//This is all for detection of that.
	LockDetectionSystem = 8;
	incomingMissileDetectionSystem = 16;
	radarType = 4;

All go in the config.cpp under the class CfgVehicles. I put it at the place with all the other variables.

Ok some info on config and model editing for ARMA 3 I have found and I believe will be useful for you lads;

- first of all Config.cpp>CfgVehicles in ARMA 3 has a new entry simulation in case of plane tests show that usage of

simulation = "airplane";
is the most suitable

- without PhysX enabled your aircraft might appear like falling thru runway to fix that without PhysX lod add in Cfgvehicles

driveOnComponent[] = {"front_gear", "left_gear", "right_gear"};

names of selections does not realy matter as long as they match selection names for contact surfaces in your models geometry lod

- to inherit proper aircraft damage effects in Cfgvehicles add

damageEffect = "AirDestructionEffects";

- Flares are configured in models mem ory lod and in cfgvehicles as shown here

memoryPointCM[] = {"flare_launcher1", "flare_launcher2"};

memoryPointCMDir[] = {"flare_launcher1_dir", "flare_launcher2_dir"};

where in models memory lod add four points. Two to define flare origin position the other two for flare drop direction as a simple points and name them to match config entry. Weapon and magazine for flare launcher must be added.

- for a HUD config see Rock's amazing tutorial here - http://www.rkslstudios.info/blogs/wip-wednesdays/28-week-20-may-16-class-mfd-blood-and-close-protection-duty

- Exaust effects is again a Cfgvehicles entry combination with memory point definition within a model

class Exhausts

{

class Exhaust_left

{

position = "Exhausts_start_left";

direction = "Exhausts_end_left";

effect = "ExhaustsEffectPlane";

};

class Exhaust_right

{

position = "Exhausts_start_right";

direction = "Exhausts_end_right";

effect = "ExhaustsEffectPlane";

};

};

where each engine/exhaust needs a memory point to define start position and another one for end pos.

- fuselage vapour. BI have added this as a default feature [finally] to enable again a simple edit of Cfgvehicles for your plane and adding referring memory points will do the job

class WingVortices

{

class WingTipLeft

{

effectName = "WingVortices";

position = "wingtip_marker_light_green";

};

class WingTipRight

{

effectName = "WingVortices";

position = "wingtip_marker_light_red";

};

class BodyLeft_inner

{

effectName = "BodyVortices";

position = "body_vapour_L_S";

};

class BodyRight_inner

{

position = "body_vapour_R_S";

};

class BodyLeft_outer

{

position = "body_vapour_L_E";

};

class BodyRight_outer

{

position = "body_vapour_R_E";

};

};

- Eventhandlers and custom init. In A2 a lot of addonmakers vere relying on Extebded eventhandlers, since it was to complicated for some to add them in config. What I faund with A3 is that you don't need that addon, so your mod can be free of dependancies/standalone if you wish.

Eventhandlers if properly inhereited will have BI default ones with your custom ones together with no conflict.

To get it working before definig your custom unit add

class Eventhandlers; // External class reference, this is necessary to properly inherit them

class CfgVehicles

{

class Plane; // External class reference

class PlaneWreck; // External class reference

......your config

then in your units config add;

class Eventhandlers: Eventhandlers

{

init = "_this execVM ""\my_addon\my_unit_init.sqf""";

};

this will allow the aircraft have all BI effects and eventhandlers + a custom init for advanced features if you wish so without a conflict and need of third party addon support.

There is a lots more, but I faund these as a key aspects I wanted to mention straight away so people can save time on research and focus on other stuff.

Do you know anything about get in points(Might not be the proper name :p)? I find for some planes I can't enter them with the context menu.

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Also another thing that should probably be changed for every plane you're editing provided you want to use them with Arma 3.

For the military planes, I.E. not civilian, they use the old Arma 2 pilots for the crew. This is simply fixed.

Depending on whether you're editing a blufor or opfor plane, search for either

"RU_Soldier_Pilot"
"$STR_USMC_PILOT"

And replace with either

O_Pilot_F
B_Pilot_F

To make sure that you vehicle is enterable you have to have a combination of memory points and cfgvehicles entry done.

- in your cfgvehicles for your unit add;

memoryPointsGetInDriver = "pos driver";

memoryPointsGetInDriverDir = "pos driver dir";

- in your models memory lod add two points with same names, where one will be the point near which will context menu entry "Get In" appear and the other one to make sure get in animation is played correctly direction wise.

let me know if this is not working we can look deeper in your config then.

I've updated the armament, and made the auto autopilot script inert, because IMO it was annoying having control taken away when flying at low altitudes, and with John_Spartan's helpful tips, I've implemented the stuff I could understand.

Link has the newest version, use this one or scroll up if you prefer. It's all the same.

ftp://83.89.37.138/su27b.zip

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

For the record entering works fine for the SU27.

Also, on some of the bigger aircraft, it seems they're stuck in the ground, I'll have to take a look at that. It's a bit of a shame I'm going on vacation next week, I just found something to keep me occupied.

I've updated the armament, and made the auto autopilot script inert, because IMO it was annoying having control taken away when flying at low altitudes, and with John_Spartan's helpful tips, I've implemented the stuff I could understand.

Link has the newest version, use this one or scroll up if you prefer. It's all the same.

ftp://83.89.37.138/su27b.zip

---------- Post added at 12:53 ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 ----------

For the record entering works fine for the SU27.

Also, on some of the bigger aircraft, it seems they're stuck in the ground, I'll have to take a look at that. It's a bit of a shame I'm going on vacation next week, I just found something to keep me occupied.

driveOnComponent[] = {"front_gear", "left_gear", "right_gear"};

is what you need to define to avoid the aircraft stuck in ground please reed more carefully my previous post

Oh I thought that was a seperate fix, so just to be sure we're on the same page here. Now the big aircraft like the tu95ms won't be stuck on the runway unable to gain speed?

issue with aircraft unable to gain speed I recon is because of missing - simulation = "airplane";

this entry must be in cfgvehicles for particular unit

stuck thru the ground is an issue related to models geometry, since we don't add PhysX yet [no tools] we need to make sure there is a contact surface definition for wheels/gear. Name your wheels as a some selection in models geometry lod and in cfgvehicles add driveOnComponent[] = {"front_gear", "left_gear", "right_gear"};

entry that should fix the issue

Alright, that's really helpful. I'll try that out.

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

Although are you sure it shouldn't be simulation = "airplanex";? That's what the Buzzard uses.

Although are you sure it shouldn't be simulation = "airplanex";?

I think he knows what he's talking about ..... check out his stuff some time .....

Any I'll say it, thanks for the code John, nice tit-bits.

Is there anyone who would know about the pilots sticking out of the cockpit?

Pilots sticking out of cockpit is an issue of not existing "pilot" animations. You have to use custom or pick similar vanilla A3 animations for driver action. Again in your cfg vehicles try to play with driverAction = "...action_name";

check helicopters, or buzzard it has this entry, old A2 animatios are no longer there so you need to alter this.

Edited by John_Spartan

I've found one of the vehicle crew animations, I think one of the gunners, had the best sort of look for flying the larger aircraft that have a wheel instead of a stick. I'll try and find it and post it in here. One of the problems I had with the C-17 though was that when flying your "head", the camera, started sliding backwards, to the point where you could eventually look down your own neck. Has anybody else encountered this?

I've found one of the vehicle crew animations, I think one of the gunners, had the best sort of look for flying the larger aircraft that have a wheel instead of a stick. I'll try and find it and post it in here. One of the problems I had with the C-17 though was that when flying your "head", the camera, started sliding backwards, to the point where you could eventually look down your own neck. Has anybody else encountered this?

yes I have seen same issue you can slightly fix it witout altering the anim itself just in config

class ViewPilot

{

initFov = 1;

minFov = 0.6;

maxFov = 0.85;

initAngleX = 0;

minAngleX = -65;

maxAngleX = 85;

initAngleY = 0;

minAngleY = -150;

maxAngleY = 150;

};

viewpilot is what tell the game engine how you can turn your head

Wow, it's good to see that the Blackbird can do 3300km/h and replicate the real life tactic of outrunning SAMs.

Major Update to the Tu95. I'm really close to having this complete for A2. A3-specific mods are pending... but of course if you use AiA it should work for the most part :) I think we can call this one a Beta version now...

Download the .RAR file from the same location as before:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=5b54fc51a7917265#cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%213146

NEW Requirement! Now requires GLT_Missilebox and EB_Missilebox! There's just too much goodness in the Missilebox to overlook. Why bother re-inventing the wheel.

- All animations working

- Pilot view complete (working dashboard gauges)

- ANIMATED bomb bay doors

- ANIMATED bomb bay rack (rotates when weapons are dropped)

- ANIMATED rear gun shell ejection... the turret actually drops spent shells

- New dashboard indicators for bomb bay door open/close status

- New "angel wing" flare countermeasures pattern

- New faction versions: TAKISTAN and CDF (also CDF Independent side)!

- Fixed dependency for vapor trails and engine exhaust.

- Made more things standalone and no longer dependant upon the "Wings of Peace" for effects.

- Lots of other small tweaks to bring it up to standards...

- New loadout options:

- All GLT bomb loads up to GLT_24Rnd_FAB500 (that's 24-1000 lb bombs!)

- All GLT FAB-250 bomb loads up to GLT_36Rnd_FAB250 (36-500 lb bombs)

- GLT AS4 Kitchen (aka Kh-22)

- NEW 3M80 Moskit (Mach-3 AS missile)... sure would like to see this on the Su33!

- New Kh-65 Missile (tactical version of the Kh-55 (aka AS-15 Kent)

... For now these need to be scripted to work completely. Pending...

Pending:

- Gunner view cockpit

- Cargo view cockpit

- Miscellaneous fixes

- Completion of the loadout options

- Kh-55 Nuke scripting... no idea how to make the nuke work, or even if I want to or should...

Glamour shots of the AS-15 and Takistan model with bomb bay. What you can't see is the animated bomb bay rotating with every shot... the bomb that leaves the rack is always "pointing down" :cool:

tu95withAS15.jpg

tu95withFAB500.jpg

Edited by hcpookie

HC, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you're doing some major polishing on them in A2, and then will either post the files up for conversion to A3, or will look at it yourself?

Changing the animations for the drivers make every much better as they're actually in the cockpit now. The problem is just that it's troublesome to actually look out the window.

---------- Post added at 11:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 ----------

Also more code snippets.

class UserActions
	{		

class OpenBombBay
		{
			displayName="$STR_B2A_OBB";
			position="GearArea";
			radius=30;
			onlyforplayer=false;
			showwindow=0;
			condition="this animationPhase ""fst_1"" < 0.5 and player in this;";
			statement = "this animate [""fst_1"", 1];this animate [""fst_2"", 1];this animate [""fst_3"", 1];this animate [""fst_4"", 1]; this addweapon ""MK82BombLauncher""; this addweapon ""GBU12BombLauncher"";";
		};

class CloseBombBay
		{
			displayName="$STR_B2A_CBB";
			position="GearArea";
			radius=30;
			onlyforplayer=false;
			showwindow=0;
			condition="this animationPhase ""fst_1"" >= 0.5 and player in this;";
			statement = "this removeweapon ""MK82BombLauncher""; this removeweapon ""GBU12BombLauncher""; this animate [""fst_1"", 0];this animate [""fst_2"", 0];this animate [""fst_3"", 0];this animate [""fst_4"", 0];";
		};
		}; 

If you look in the scripts here for the part that allows you to open and close the bomb bays, you can see under statement that they actually add and remove the weapons here. So if you're looking to update the armaments, don't add the weapons in the MainTurret, but rather down here. Just remember that magazines do need to be added in the MainTurret. This is only for planes with bomb bays.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I still dont know what this thread is exactly about:

You took mukcepts "Legacy of the Cold War" pack here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21498, and are now updating it, fixing bugs and adding features, so that I can be ported more smoothly to ArmA III...?

Also, which Su-27b are you talking about? There is no Su-27 in the "Legacy" Pack...

Gnat;2527202']HC' date=' is this ArmA2 or ArmA3 ?[/quote']
HC, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you're doing some major polishing on them in A2, and then will either post the files up for conversion to A3, or will look at it yourself?

I apologize if I wasn't clear on that point - yes I am doing all the major work in the A2 environment. Let's call that "STAGE 1". The final bit will be to add the A3 bits and that will finish it off. Let's call that "STAGE 2".

I'm nearly complete with Stage 1 for the Tu95. :)

Apologies again that I didn't make that clear!

Correct me if Im wrong, but I still dont know what this thread is exactly about:

You took mukcepts "Legacy of the Cold War" pack here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21498, and are now updating it, fixing bugs and adding features, so that I can be ported more smoothly to ArmA III...?

Also, which Su-27b are you talking about? There is no Su-27 in the "Legacy" Pack...

Good question what Su27? That would be a cool addition for the Red forces! I see the Su-24 is a part but I'm not seeing the Su27? Tinter if that's not part of the "Legacy" pack can you open a new topic to avoid confusion?

Edited by hcpookie