Sign in to follow this  
zabn

Looking for people that have experience int Oxygen 2 and Modeling

Hello,

I am from REMOVED and I am currently creating a Mod which I will explain but will explain more to people who are interested and contact me.

Basically I am creating a Life mod, which is going to require some basic police uniforms, car models (will be done when possible), some weapons and basic objects eg. ATM, drug bags.

I have so far been working day and night on the scripts and in-game UI for the mod but I have no idea on how to model or how to rig in oxygen.

I do have a modeler who is currently working with me, so if you don't know how to model in 3ds max that is fine, you can just rig in oxygen.

Skills I am looking for:

• Be able to work in a team environment
  • Be able to produce a steady work load
  • Have some sort of experience
  • Be open to criticism and want to constantly improve your work

you can PM me here(bistudio.com), PM me on my website(balotabuddies.net) or contact me in teamspeak @ ts.balotabuddies.net (just get a staff member to contact me, say you are there for the ArmA 3 modeling position)

I am eagerly awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

~ Zabn

Administrator/Owner/Developer

Balota Buddies

Edited by Max Power

Wow .... hope the pay is really good !

Looks like an add for a RL job.

If your just looking for a whole lot of cars into ArmA3 then you might be waiting a long time.

For a start no one has the new tools for A3 yet.

Gnat;2436916']Wow .... hope the pay is really good !

Looks like an add for a RL job.

If your just looking for a whole lot of cars into ArmA3 then you might be waiting a long time.

For a start no one has the new tools for A3 yet.

The main reason for the Requirements section is because we've have lots of people who say they can help, then they:

A. do their own thing and don't work with the team (Reason for: "You must be able to work in a team environment")

B. someone would provide a challenge, they say they can't do it then step down (Reason for: "You will be challenged and this is not for the feint of heart")

C. people not contributing at all (Reason for: "You must be able to produce a steady work load")

D. people applying then they have no idea what they are doing (Reason for "You must be experienced and have some type of 'Portfolio'")

E. if someone said to 'improve on this' some would get annoyed off and leave (Reason for "You must be open to critisicim and want to constantly improve your work")

Additionally I never said what they would be doing, or when they would be doing it.

Edited by zabn

... I've watched these forums for 10 years .... seen many many Mod teams flare and fizzle, OFP, ArmA1, ArmA2 ...

Seen all the members happy one day, at each others throats the next, and members disappear the week after ....

The successful Mods rarely come from "recruitment campaigns" I'd suggest.

Long term team members have to REALLY want to be part of the subject matterial and the gameplay.

If you can't say what it is, then I'd suggest the "energy" won't happen.

Be a salesman, Pitch Your Project, you may get better interest, people who will really love the idea.

Additionally I never said what they would be doing, or when they would be doing it.

Sure, not here in these forums for sure, but the internet is a big place.

good grief...as gnat said, i hope the money is good...

Nobody is going to join unless you show everybody YOUR porfolio and YOUR ability to take criticism and always improve.

jebus... i may as well not even bother

jebus... i may as well not even bother

You cant have requirements like that if you are having people doing your work for you for free. Even asking like this is rude.

I request for help and all I get is a shitload of hate, I am not sure if I wronged you guys in anyway but just because I have a professional approach to things doesn't mean you should say "I hope you are paying people" if you are not interested in helping, don't reply to my thread it is very simple.

---------- Post added at 13:18 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

its changed, but I don't see why the hate, you all could of written something more constructive rather than 'I hope you are paying people'

Facts:

1. You won't tell us what the project is about;

2. Life mods more than any other project type for BIS games pay people to rip content which other addonmakers have provided to the community for free, or steal content from other sources (games, model sites etc);

3. Life mods more than any other project type for BIS games have a habit of charging people money for their use (distribution) and/or for "perks" which violates the license agreement server owners and players have agreed to with BIS upon installing the game.

To many people here 1 + 1 + 1 seems to equal money being paid for work that violates copyright and or common decency in regards to matters like acquiring permission and crediting work to those that deserve it. Too many vague projects like this have popped up that turned out to be theft-ridden, a rip-off, or violating BIS license agreements not to make people suspicious. The shallow explanation of the project and irritated dodging of critical questions doesn't convince us to think otherwise. It's not that we are principally against your project, we simply have no idea what it is.

Edited by JdB

Lads, this isn't a good way to welcome a new member.

@zabn

although the tone is too rough, the guys have a point which is based on 10 years of experience. We saw people come in, posting similar threads like you did. Turned out that it was meant like "i have the idea and will earn the fame and you guys will have the workload".

So for successful member search, you should come up with some more info about your experience (portfolio) and what exactly will you contribute to it. Don't take it too personal, i know those lads who posted are usually really friendly and helpful guys, it's just bad experience that let them (us) react this way. Hope you understand this.

Thanks for the reply myke, I will update my thread, but I understand I should put what my role is.

---------- Post added at 05:20 ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 ----------

Facts:

1. You won't tell us what the project is about;

2. Life mods more than any other project type for BIS games pay people to rip content which other addonmakers have provided to the community for free, or steal content from other sources (games, model sites etc);

3. Life mods more than any other project type for BIS games have a habit of charging people money for their use (distribution) and/or for "perks" which violates the license agreement server owners and players have agreed to with BIS upon installing the game.

To many people here 1 + 1 + 1 seems to equal money being paid for work that violates copyright and or common decency in regards to matters like acquiring permission and crediting work to those that deserve it. Too many vague projects like this have popped up that turned out to be theft-ridden, a rip-off, or violating BIS license agreements not to make people suspicious. The shallow explanation of the project and irritated dodging of critical questions doesn't convince us to think otherwise. It's not that we are principally against your project, we simply have no idea what it is.

ok well this is out of line, I have never made a Mod before so I will provide you with some facts:

1. I did say it was a life mod, I don't have a lot of time to write a massive 500 word explanation on what it is exactly to people who might not even be interested at all

2. You have no idea what my values are when it comes to that, so let me give you a very short explanation, I will not and have never 'stolen' the work of someone else; If by the remote chance I were to use the work of someone else, I would ask their permission first and if they said I could use it, I would give them the credit they deserve but, if they said no I would respect that. I also don't appreciate that you are putting me in that category, because I've had people steal my scripts without asking or even giving me any credit.

3. If you did any research, you would find that I've never charged for anything. The only thing I've collected money for was when I was hosting DayZ servers and it was pure donations to keep the servers running. I will never charge for work someone else has done and again, I hate that you even placed me in that category

---------- Post added at 05:22 ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 ----------

Myke;2437129']Lads' date=' this isn't a good way to welcome a new member.

@zabn

although the tone is too rough, the guys have a point which is based on 10 years of experience. We saw people come in, posting similar threads like you did. Turned out that it was meant like "i have the idea and will earn the fame and you guys will have the workload".

So for successful member search, you should come up with some more info about your experience (portfolio) and what exactly will you contribute to it. Don't take it too personal, i know those lads who posted are usually really friendly and helpful guys, it's just bad experience that let them (us) react this way. Hope you understand this.[/quote']

I appreciate the reply myke, but I give all credit to everyone who is involved in my projects, because what comes around goes around. not to mention that I have been working my ass off for the last 2 weeks getting all the user interface completed and scripting to.

but I don't see why the hate, you all could of written something more constructive rather than 'I hope you are paying people'

Its not hate zahn, its simply experienced advice and comments from those who have seen similar before.

If you haven't seen/searched already, many similar have been done since OFP times. But I'm not suggesting another can't be done, especially if its A3 and its not ripped content.

Those prior might be good for ideas also.

Highly encourage anyone to join in your Mod.

Good luck.