Sign in to follow this  
PAL-18

SteamCMD Install?

Can the dedicated server be installed with SteamCMD ? If not, why was this never done? Uploading 8GB+ of files to a remote server takes forever. Using Valve's new content distribution system is insanely fast.

you can install whole a2/oa game same way as arma 3 via steamcmd

you can install whole a2/oa game same way as arma 3 via steamcmd

Is that also possible with the linux version of SteamCMD?

What's the appid for arma2 server? Also, does the steam account need to have arma2 purchased for the files to download?

Awesome, thanks!

Edited by PAL-18

I realize this thread is almost a month old but I figured for anyone else that stumbles across this (from my notes):

steamcmd +login "USER" "PASS" +force_install_dir c:\arma2\ +app_update "33900" validate +quit
steamcmd +login "USER" "PASS" +force_install_dir c:\arma2oa\ +app_update "33930" validate +quit
steamcmd +login "USER" "PASS" +force_install_dir c:\arma3\ +app_update "107410" validate +quit

EX: steamcmd +login "app1egenius93" "passwordhere" +force_install_dir c:\arma3\ +app_update "107410" validate +quit

1st) Arma 2
2nd) Arma 2 OA
3rd) Arma 3

I used that same page and had issue. Not sure why but the app ID was wrong. If you create a shortcut via steam to the desktop then right click said shortcut and select properties, you can extract the app ID from one of the text fields.

2 questions:

How to install the beta? When i execute the beta exe he tells me that arma2 is not installed on this Computer.

How can i Setup a Headless Client with installed steamcmd? i think the Serial must be entered somewhere in the registry? This is a ArmaX steam version and can be used for HC. But how to setup this?

There's a flag to force platform type to windows, but it doesn't work. Still get invalid platform message.

This feature would be so nice to have for new installs.

I just ended up uploaded my 13gig file overnight while I slept.

:\

There's a flag to force platform type to windows, but it doesn't work. Still get invalid platform message.

This feature would be so nice to have for new installs.

I just ended up uploaded my 13gig file overnight while I slept.

:\

Done, use: @sSteamCmdForcePlatformType "windows"

Example:

Steam> @sSteamCmdForcePlatformType "windows"