Sign in to follow this  
ReStrooke

ArmA 2 Opfor move to Blufor

Hi,

I build a Mission, and to make it more fun, i want that if i enter a trigger some Opfor Units are moving to my position.

I tried scripts like:

_unit = this selected 0;

_position = getPos SQLeader;

_unit moveto _position;

but these wont work :(.

So i'm asking you:

Is it possible that 3-5 Opfor units move to my Position?

what's the script and how du i exec it :)

Thanks,

ReStrooke

You aren't very clear. Is the trigger a specific area? It sounds like you want to walk around and then when you enter an area a trigger will make enemy try to find you. If so:

In the editor, place a trigger on the area you want. Make the trigger type "switch". Click "ok" and exit the trigger screen. Now click "group" and connect/group the trigger to your unit. Open the trigger screen again. Set the activation to "any group member", "Present" then close the trigger screen. Now create your opfor. Give them a "hold" waypoint. Now synchronize the trigger to the "hold" waypoint. Once that is done give your opfor a second waypoint. Put that second waypoint somewhere near or in the trigger area. Make that waypoint a "seek and destroy" waypoint.

In simple terms:

You create a unit, then create a trigger and grouping it to the unit. When the unit activates the trigger by entering the area, it will switch a group of Opfor from "hold" and make them move to your area looking to kill you.

By the way, when using the domove command it should look like this:

_soldier1 doMove (position officer). Where officer would be you.

But there is a problem with domove. If the opfor doesn't know where you are, they won't know where to move. But you can put a marker (I'll name it "A") in the area and you can use this:

_soldier1 domove (getMarkerPos "A");

Hope it helped. I prefer the first method not the domove.

But there is a problem with domove. If the opfor doesn't know where you are, they won't know where to move.

One of the two: I misunderstood this, or this is not true. _soldier1's knowledge about officer is irrelevant here. He exactly knows, where to move. No difference, if target position is based on object or marker. Anyway, _soldier1 gets exact position, where to move and will move there.

Things get more complex, when this should be a constant chase. Then position must be refreshed and doMove (towards refreshed player's position) repeated each time.