mankyle

Big PHYSx compatible ship. LCS 2 technological demonstrator

Thanks everybody

Three weeks ago I found some inflamed ganglia in my neck and after two weeks of tests I was diagnosed with Lynphoma. Fortunately it is not very extended and seems it is sensible to chemotherapy so the doctors have told me that I should be ok in 9-12 months, with an 80% of freedom of disease.

I got the first shot of chemotherapy last thursday and I have had a couple bad days but I'm feeling better now.

I will take a look at the base files and I will reinstall Arma 3 and Arma 3 tools  to see wether I can add new features to this mod. I would like to but it will depend on how well I'll be feeling during these next weeks. I'm having Chemotherapy every three weeks and it seems the next sessions will have stronger secondary effects.

I will take a look at this this weekend and I will inform you next week

See you everbody and thanks for the encouragements!!!!

• Like 5

Sorry you're having health problems, Mankyle.  Hope you get through it all unscathed.  Take care of yourself first.  Coding is bad for your posture, but probably a nice distraction.  Get well soon!

Wow! You take good care of yourself.

I hope that you recover soon.

You have my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Stay strong!

Hi there guys and gals

I have started tweaking the LCS 2 a little bit and I will probably upload an updated version one of these days. Unfortunately my Arma 3 tools are not working well and I cannot see textures in Buldozer and I also can't texture the model either.

This morning I have been looking at the model and I have added a couple of new details and I have also polished the config a little bit. The textures have also been upgraded and the model looks a little bit better now (Texturing is no one of my strengths).

- I have added new PIP screens in the bridge

- Reworked the GEO LOD (quite stable amidships) and RLOD.  The dreaded 50-60 meter limit is still there so you cannot walk near the stern. 

- I also want to add some new lights and light sources in the ship. I will make some experiments during this week

I'm going to add vehicle in vehicle transport in the mission bay and I have a couple of ideas for a couple of more details now that I can work again on this.

Hopefully I will upload something next week

Hope this means you're on the mend mate

Well

Today in the afternoon I've got a CAT scan and tomorrow chemotherapy. Depending on the results of the CAT the doctors will keep the same treatment or will change to another one. I hope for the best. Trhuth be told after the first two shots of chemo all the ganglia I had have dissapeared...

We will see..

BTW. I have enabled Vehicle in vehicle in the LCS and now it can transport gunboats and DSVs.  Pretty cool....

• Like 3

G'day Mankyle,

Great to hear your treatment seems to be working. Keep up the great work on the ship, but please don't over do it and take care of yourself.

• Like 2

Hoping all for the best mate. Take it easy

@mankyle get well soon mate. I hope that Arma provides you with a welcome distraction. Fingers crossed for you...

Get well soon.

I'm wondering who at BIS we would need to talk to in order for the roadway lod distance to be increased? I'm wondering if its a number that needs changing somewhere or if its something more significant that needs modifying to get the bigger roadway lods working.

Regarding the RLOD issue. I don't think it is something we can solve by ourselves.

A couple of days ago one of the developers said something about that the RLOD isn't designed to do certain things.

Maybe with Arma 4 and the enfusion engine......

I'm experimenting with attachingto a GEO LOD and a RLOD to the main LCS 2 object but I haven't been able to make it work. I supose this is something that will have to be solved by  BIS.

BTW... the CAT scan went very good

:)

• Like 5

G'day mankyle,

Good to hear the news about the CAT scan.

Hi there

After a lot of problems I have finally set my Arma 3 tools again and I have restarted working on the LCS

I have completely reworked the textures and I have added many more details to the Mission bay and the Hangar.

In the next days I will upload a new version with (hopefully)

-Vehicle in vehicle transport

- Many more details in the hangar

- More PIP screens

- Reworked weapons

- Cargo spaces for troops (hopefully with new seats so the proxies don't look bad standing in the middle of the mission bay)

I want also to add the new sensors but I haven't looked at the new config entries yet. I have tried interacting with land vehicles and in this moment Vehicle in Vehicle is not needed, at least in Single Player. You can lower the starbord ramp, get inside of the mission bay with a tank, APC, IFV or car, and the vehicle will move along with the ship. The vehicle in vehicle I have set so gunboats, zodiacs and SDVs can be loaded in the mission bay. For the moment you can load two gunboats plus a couple of SDVs/Zodiacs, or many more zodiacs/SDVs if you don't load gunboats.

I hope it won't take long to solve the config problems I'm having. The PIPs of two turrets refuse to work properly and the gunners leave the turrets as soon as the mission starts and I don't know the reason. I'm having also problems with an error when the mission is loaded that says that model. doesn't exist and I still need to tweak a couple config values.

I will keep you posted soon guys

• Like 7

Hello gentlemen, how are you all? I love this job is stopped? Or continue working? Congratulations to the creator of this marvel 

Sorry

I just finished Chemotherapy and it has been a seriously umpleasant experience.

Since I last posted I haven't worked that much on the ship.and I don't particularly feel very motivated to do so now either...

I will tray to upload the base files so anyone can work on this, if he/she wants. 

PS: Regarding my cancer, for the moment I feel well and all tests results are good too, so I think the outcome will be good

• Like 9

G'day Mankyle,

Good to hear your test results are good. Chemo, from what I've been told, is seldom an enjoyable experience. Hope your feeling better and motivated to get back into modding soon. That said, don't push yourself to hard either.

I'm a lot more concerned about your health than the state of the mod, so I hope you keep getting better.

Glad to hear you are on the mend for sure @mankyle thanks for the update and the work you have done. Stay healthy bud.