mankyle

Big PHYSx compatible ship. LCS 2 technological demonstrator

is this one has weapons or not because i'm confused right now i can't see how to use it or maybe there are no weapons for now in that ship ?

something must conflicting with the turrets, i tested it and it works...put in alone somewhere and check again(just this addon and nothing else) from my experience the other lcs(blue one) or ivory fregata screwed the turrets config before i fixed them for myself(config.cpp only and not released because i dont have the permission)

Not sure what it is, i just downloaded this mod and the ENTIRE ship is see through. It's it's almost scarey looking. If you could address this issue, that'd be awesome. My texture, Object, and Terrain settings are on Ultra.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/543019017990000695/0FE7A652DD55C0576A179D7BBE9128CC95B2876D/

I downloaded the ship of Armaholic, and when I placed it down in the editor and tried to preview it it would give me the message "entry .model not found". I was wondering if there was a way I downloaded it that was wrong, or if there is a way I installed it incorrectly that I could correct.

I'm getting the same thing and i've downloaded both from the link on this thread and on Armaholic. I'm gonna go out on the limb and say the update broke it.

I'm getting the same thing and i've downloaded both from the link on this thread and on Armaholic. I'm gonna go out on the limb and say the update broke it.

Is there any way to revert to a previous update and use it there?

maybe not, but in the future do as i do: keep different versions of arma 3 on your hd. that way if an update screw an addon you can play the older version until the addon model is updated, if its config only yoy can try and solve it...myself have 4 versions of a3 as of today: the version the day i bought the game, the MANW version, the heli dlc release and the last version...

Quote Originally Posted by rmp21400 View Post

yes,, you can revert to several of the past releases by using the legacy steam code, do a google search and you will come up with the beta code to apply and it will allow you to go backwards in time! You can also use the MANW build which i believe is 1.28 through the same method

When i try to load this mod, i get "No Entry Model". anyone know why? i realy want this, looks awesome. Was it mabye the recent update? I egt too jealus when i see other people on youtube use this ;(;

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

When i try to load this mod, i get "No Entry Model". anyone know why? i realy want this, looks awesome. Was it mabye the recent update? I egt too jealus when i see other people on youtube use this ;(;

When i think about it, it has always been like that, tried to get it to work a couple of months ago, but got the same message then ;(

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey mankyle , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Getting no point entry error here as well, even with the version posted above ^

I have restarted working on this.

Expect some updates in six weeks or so. It will be released in the US Naval forces mod.

The recent updates of the game broke the mod.

I have upgraded it and the next version will work again. I'm also happy to tell you that the same updates improved also the interaction between class Man and big PHYSx objects and the GEO LOD limits have been improved. Now it is possible to get from bow to stern of the ship without falling through.

I will try to add the following features for the next version:

- Improved and more detailed Res and GEO LODs (many more parts of the ship will be walkable).

- Briefing room with screen for cutscenes

- loading/ deploying system for CRRCs and Gunboats.

- mobicon system for moving cargo inside of the mission bay

- updated helo control room.

- New PIP screens in the bridge with cameras of the mission bay and landing pad.

• Like 7

I'm still working on this but I still have a lot of work to do on it before it has an acceptable level of quality to be released.

Right now it has:

- Improved textures

- Improved bridge

- New walkable areas inside of the ship.

- new more detailed windows

- more PIP screens in the bridge.

- reworked design in the helicopter hangar

- I have added lights to the landing pad

I'm also happing to Confirm that class Carx simulation "stays" on moving ships. Right now the interaction is very good. Only when the ship lists too much over one side the transported vehicle suffers damage.

Class man and planex simulations do not move along with the ship yet.

We are a little bit nearer to the holy grail of Arma ships

(GEO LOD over 60 meters, full walkability and moving along with the ship when the ship moves)

Next week I will try to upload a new (signed) beta

• Like 9

Any news? Very keen to have with the textures and shadows working!

Unfotunately I have screwed the GEO LOD and I cannot get it to work anymore.

It is really frustrating because I had it working well. I added just another component and everything went to the sink.

I had added shadows and many more details but if I cannot get the damned GEO LOD to work....

For the record...

Before the GEO LOD broke I made some experiments and now it is possible to transport many things with ships just using PHYSx. The following simulations move along with the ship and interact really well with it

- thingX

- carX

- tankX

- boatX

In one of them I had four tanks, three gunboats and a couple cars setpos'ed on the LCS helicopter landing pad and they remained stable while the ship was moving

• Like 2

Bummer on the GEO LOD. Damn Armaisms...
The PhysX stuff sounds really awesome though!
Hopefully you can fix the stuff up.

i hope you sort it out soon.

since many ships being made for amra 3 right now, i don't want to see this one out of party :P

Some news.

I finally fixed the GEO LOD.

Now I can continue working on this.

I'm also having problems with the Searam turret and I cannot get the cranes working with ropes.

I will try to do something with attachto and animations.

I had hoped to have something playable for this weekend but it will take some more time to get it ready.

For the moment I have a upgraded Res and GEO LOD, I have also added some new PIPs and new details to the bridge. I will try to upload something for the next weekend

• Like 1

Probably won't help, but my A2 frigate has working cranes/ropes.  They attachto the nearest boat via script, just pretty basic stuff.  Animate up/down in the script when the "hoist boat" action is performed.

Please  this mod update please in the steam workshop 

Because I can't  play this mod  I'dont know problem 

please mankyle... please... 

2 hours ago, Blade soul said:

Please  this mod update please in the steam workshop 

Because I can't  play this mod  I'dont know problem 

please mankyle... please... 

Asking for an update on a, most likely, abandoned project isn't something you want to do as your first post on this forum. Go and read the rules.

i have bee diagnosed with a type of cancer and I'm right now in the middle of the treatment.

i would like to add new funcionalities to the mod but I don't think I will have enough time to tackle a project like this on these moments.

FYI I'm not going to die of this cancer. it is well studied type of lynphoma and the prognosis is very good.

if I restart with this I will post in this thread inmediately

• Like 5