mankyle

Big PHYSx compatible ship. LCS 2 technological demonstrator

Yes. It is fixed. And it will come (if I can make it wrk) with some new toys to play with. I have entered in Berserker Oxygen 2 editing mode now and I'm not gonna stop for a while

Awesome to see this project continuing. I'd given up hope on naval ships. Though I wish a platform with Tomahawk TLAMs was near completion.

Awesome to see this project continuing. I'd given up hope on naval ships. Though I wish a platform with Tomahawk TLAMs was near completion.
Ehh, I would have said that getting "appropriate" (not necessarily either authentic or realistic) TLAM behavior, scripted or not, would be more important than any specific platform, especially when the Arma 2 sources release means that both the Destroyer and Fregata MLODs are available for conversion into moving ships (as dezkit did with the Fregata as HMNZS Te Kaha) with player-controlled weapons, though the planned open source on this makes it a valuable contribution as well.

Very excited to see you back in action Mankyle!

I have restarted working on this like a Madman.

I have reworked GEO and resolution LODs and I have added many details.

Today I got working the elevator between the mission bay and the hangar. Only security bars are to be done.

is it possible to add ladders to Arma 3 vehicles?

I think that the Te Kaha frigate has a couple ladders. I will also add ladders to the LCS

FUTURE PROJECTS

Mobicon

As a side project I have started modelling (right now I would say I am at a 20% progress) a mobicon 2 tonnes container mover, which is the one that it been used in the LCS 2 to move cargo inside of the mission Bay.

http://www.mobiconsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/Customs-Brisbane-etched-for-business-cards-1024x572.jpg (109 kB)

I have already modelled the main structure and only things like hydraulic cylinders are still not done.

animations are going to be a nightmare but I'm pretty sure I will be able to make them work in O2.

as a part of the LCS 2 project the mobicon wont be able to move independently but it would probably be possible to config it as a normal vehicle.

Remote Minehunting Vehicle

I have ingame also the Snorkeler class USV that is used onboard the LCS as a minehunting detection vehicle.

I have coded a mine detector with more range and works very good with normal characters but doesnt work if you take control of a Unmanned Vehicle. I'm checking other possibilities. Those would require scripting which I don't want, but it the minedetector trick doesn't work I will have to rely on scripting

Spartan II USV

I'm also pondering wether I could be able to add an Spartan 2 remote controlled boat. We will see.

next week I will release the LCS 2 and after that I will release more modules as I finiah them

Glad to receive positive feedback Chops!!

The idea I have it to be able to use the LCS as a mini amphibious mothership for specops and make it so it can support operations with ships, choppers, UAVs and such

Looks lovely mate, not digging the futuristic style, but still loving it. Gonna keeping my eye on this one, trying it out aswell...Well, that is if my ArmA stops doing the usual bollocks...Anyway, good luck.

-Regards,

Deny.

Today I got working the elevator between the mission bay and the hangar. Only security bars are to be done.
Awwwww YIIIIIIS
is it possible to add ladders to Arma 3 vehicles?

I think that the Te Kaha frigate has a couple ladders. I will also add ladders to the LCS

The ladder alongside the Te Kaha's hangar and past the VLS cells is attachTo'd.
FUTURE PROJECTS

Mobicon

As a side project I have started modelling (right now I would say I am at a 20% progress) a mobicon 2 tonnes container mover, which is the one that it been used in the LCS 2 to move cargo inside of the mission Bay.

Is that the idea that in-game it can be locked/detached in place or that it be for scenery?

SITREP

- Added animations to the elevator and security bars

- Reworked Resolution and GEO of the hangar's interior to be more faithful to the LCS 2 design. Mainly the stairs, catwalk and chopper control room.

- added more details to the ship doors (they are not rectangular anymore)

- Added hangar doors. They are textured and animated. The open/close independently one of the other.

- Added railings on both bord, starbord and ship's bow. They come with GEO LOD son certain parts of the ship are now impassable. There are problems with the GEO and RLODs in the stern so players fall to the water.

- adjusted entry/exit points so the avatars leave driver/gunner/cargo positions in their correct locations.

- Adjusted config values for Mk110 57 mm gun, Mk 56 30 mm guns, SeaRAM missile launcher and SRBOC chaff launcher.

- Added a weapons crate proxy in the mission bay and configured a memory point in its possition for retrieving inventory.

TO DO

- add some kind of benches or similar to place cargo avatars in the mission bay

- Rework mission bay to add more details

- Finish mobicon vehicle. (Status modelling 60%)

Chortles

The idea I have for the moment would be to create a dummy gunner position whose avatar would be part of the mobicon vehicle and animate it and it's parts to move proxies along the mission bay.

then with an actions system whose code I already have in mind, players (or even AI), would be able to deploy vehicles via the LCS stern door.

I will release the MLODs so if anyone wants to add the vehicle as a normal vehicle it would be possible to do so.

If I can I will release something during the weekend

SITREP

- Added animations to the elevator and security bars

- Reworked Resolution and GEO of the hangar's interior to be more faithful to the LCS 2 design. Mainly the stairs, catwalk and chopper control room.

- added more details to the ship doors (they are not rectangular anymore)

- Added hangar doors. They are textured and animated. The open/close independently one of the other.

- Added railings on both bord, starbord and ship's bow. They come with GEO LOD son certain parts of the ship are now impassable. There are problems with the GEO and RLODs in the stern so players fall to the water.

- adjusted entry/exit points so the avatars leave driver/gunner/cargo positions in their correct locations.

- Adjusted config values for Mk110 57 mm gun, Mk 56 30 mm guns, SeaRAM missile launcher and SRBOC chaff launcher.

- Added a weapons crate proxy in the mission bay and configured a memory point in its possition for retrieving inventory.

TO DO

- add some kind of benches or similar to place cargo avatars in the mission bay

- Rework mission bay to add more details

- Finish mobicon vehicle. (Status modelling 60%)

Chortles

The idea I have for the moment would be to create a dummy gunner position whose avatar would be part of the mobicon vehicle and animate it and it's parts to move proxies along the mission bay.

then with an actions system whose code I already have in mind, players (or even AI), would be able to deploy vehicles via the LCS stern door.

I will release the MLODs so if anyone wants to add the vehicle as a normal vehicle it would be possible to do so.

If I can I will release something during the weekend

Great to see updates. A few things though. First, would you consider adding this to the MANW Compettition? And second, I know your not a scripting type of guy, but do you think it would be possible to add the "attachtowithmovement" script to the ship somehow so that whenever someone is walking around on the ship, the ship is able to move with then on it? And when ever they get off the ship, that a script no longer applies? I'm not sure if your familiar with the topic of Attachto with movement?

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 13:54 ----------

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170227-AttachToWithMovement-Walkable-Vehicle-Interriors-and-Exterirors

This one.

MANW:

Not in my plans. I do not think this addon will have enough quality to compete with the addons already released that are fighting to receive the MANW award.

Attachto with movement:

I will take a look.

Wow! Amazing to see you back on that project.

Did you managed to prevent the chopper crew from falling into the water when they disembark while the ship is moving?

Well

I'm having some problems with the Editing tools for the moment but I have managed to get a couple new features working. So I think it is time to upgrade the version of the trimaran that I uploaded more than one year ago. I had also modelled a mobicon 2T container mover but I have lost the P3d in a computer problem. I will restart modelling it next week.

So now:

- Upgraded GEO and Textures

- Added two working 30 mm Mk 46 turrets to the ship.

- 4 PIP screens working

- Added more details like corridors and bridge.

- Added light emitting materials to lamps (Textures not done yet)

- Added position lights

TO -DO

- Add another turret to the ship. A turret for artillery. I have tried a couple ways but for the moment I haven't been able to create something that I can consider good enough for releasing.

- Add a mobicon container unit to the mission bay.

- Add some seats to the mission bay so cargo avatars can stay there.

- Refine inventory code.

- Add more instruments to the bridge. (Does anyone now if class HUD works in other classes besides planes).

- Add an snorkeler class Minehunting Remote controlled vehicle. I have it ingame and working and half textured (very simple texture). I also need some way for it to be able to detect naval mines. I tried creating an mine detector with more range but it didn't work as I intended.

- Add some davit system for docking RHIBs and CRRCs and move the crew inside the LCS.

- Add an spartan 2 remote controlled boat.

-

PROBLEMS

- As always the dreaded 60 meter GEO limit stays. And class man entities don't move along with ships.

- My knowledge about texturing is null. There are still some areas in the ship that I have not textured yet. (lazyness DOH!!!!)

https://www.mediafire.com/?4kw2i114qinr4qm

This iteration is to be binarized?

yes. I will release the MLODS during this week.

In next version I will concentrate on getting the Artillery Computer to work.

After that I will add actions to open/close doors (including hangar doors), refine GEO LOD and add destructible glass.

EDIT:

I have discovered how to set Vertical launched missiles. There will be VLS system in the next iteration of this ship. And if I can I will add ballistic computer compatible ammunition

Edited by mankyle

Not yet. If I can find some time away from my girlfriend (impossible task) I will try to upgrade this addon during the weekend.

The basic functionality of the RMMV is working

It is a remote controlled vehicle that can be used to detect and mark mines

it works quite well

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=347153880

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/43111675927102440/7AD6C2A14E5817DAD24FAFADC4157CCE6103D69F/

The shadows are out of place and can be seen through the textures of other objects and I can walk through some walls on the ship.

The shadows are out of place and can be seen through the textures of other objects and I can walk through some walls on the ship.

Yes. And the more complex the GEO LOD is the less stable it is.

Unless BIS fixes the 60 meter limit using this addon is going to be a nightmare.

Is this ship going to be made multiplayer compatible? I am keen to add it to my mission

I'm having problems With the addon builder. I Will to Work on this during the weekend.

Blame the lack of updates of this on my girlfriend.

Blame the lack of updates of this on my girlfriend.

make her play arma3---> fixed.:cool:

New mod 0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@mankyle;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way by using any filesharing service and add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Release added on Armaholic.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

is this one has weapons or not because i'm confused right now i can't see how to use it or maybe there are no weapons for now in that ship ?