Sign in to follow this  
ZEBOV

I know this is a beta, but this is absolutely unplayable!

Every time I play multiplayer, I have never finished one round of any kind of game. Usually, the server is being attacked by hackers. If it's not being attacked by hackers, the whole game crashes. This is absolutely unplayable. The alpha was more stable than the beta! My expectations of the full game are starting to drop.

/rant

I dunno what servers you're playing on, but I haven't seen a hacker yet. Try the realism group servers, they tend to be pretty stable and have admins on often.

Maybe you haven't seen any hackers because those servers have so few people in it.

I never found Arma 2 public servers playable either, but if it's just hackers this time, things have improved. ;)

Maybe you haven't seen any hackers because those servers have so few people in it.

Nope, I've been on full 32 player servers and full 64 player servers as well. Haven't seen a single hacker. Also, I didn't say I hadn't seen hackers on realism servers, I said I hadn't seen any, period. Most of my gaming is on non-"realism unit" servers, but as my experience with them has shown them to have reliable admins, I suggested you try there for stable gameplay.

From my own experience. The game is NOT unstable.

Maybe the missions you have been playing or the configuration of the server you are on has some defincies. This is far more likely.

As for the script kiddies...............

Lets stop calling these leeches h*****s

PARASITE is a much more fitting term and this is what we should use on these forums to describe them.

H****rs suggests they have some skill, which is incorrect. They are simply morally deficient individuals who have a chip on their shoulder, the majority of which aren't capable of writing code or creating anything positive. They utilise code created by other morally deficient individuals who have varying levels of skill at finding loopholes in game code. (Lets face it hundreds of thousands of lines of code and they think they have achieved something by finding a mistake in there somewhere)

They state the reasons behind their behaviour is to cause developers to improve their code. They actually have the opposite effect as the developers then spend time and resources implementing defences against these attacks and lose money through bad press which in turn reduces their ability to improve the game code for the majority of decent individuals out there.

They are frustrating and they do effect others enjoyment, thats how they get their kicks.

But lets look at the individual for a moment, and compare him to a drug addict

Does society want them- NO

Do they add anything positive to socety - NO

Do they have any friends - NO (apart from others like them)

Do they have fathers (most likely not, if my son was found to be doing this, his feet wouldnt touch the floor)

Can they form normal relationships within society, maybe but with some difficulty. They will never be at the top of the feeding chain and are unlikely to live a fulfilling life.

So the term PARASITE is actually very fitting and should be used in all forum posts to describe them.

The term h*****s should bever be used to describe them..... EVER!

BIS are currently developing the software to defend against them, please be patient until then

Love the enthusiasm Terox, but I think your being a little bit proactive here, weve got to look at this in a good way aswell as a bad way.

So the good things to come from this are that mod's and server admins are building another layer of protection in regards to hackers, which means we get more alert admins and better protection (on top of the BIS anti hack), and we are also ensuring that those who do hack lull themselves into a false sense of security.

Because now their steam account and Arma 3 game are linked together, so if they do decide to hack and the global hacking system gets them, goodbye charlie brown.

I really hope that their entire steam account gets banned lol, but I know it won't happen :(

haha, that's pretty inventive... i wouldn't even be mad.

Actually depending which country that individual lives in, that could be highly illegal. (Talking mainland europe here)

Did the server get any wireshark logs for this

you must ask the ownser (it was EUTW - teetimes)

and I find thy symbol highly provocative in a military game. thats a no go in my eyes!

Love the enthusiasm Terox, but I think your being a little bit proactive here, weve got to look at this in a good way aswell as a bad way.

So the good things to come from this are that mod's and server admins are building another layer of protection in regards to hackers, which means we get more alert admins and better protection (on top of the BIS anti hack), and we are also ensuring that those who do hack lull themselves into a false sense of security.

Because now their steam account and Arma 3 game are linked together, so if they do decide to hack and the global hacking system gets them, goodbye charlie brown.

I really hope that their entire steam account gets banned lol, but I know it won't happen :(

Most "demi" smart parasites have multiple steam accounts with single games on them. So the loss of an account isnt really "major" Secondly IIRC the whole steam account itself doesnt get banned. i.e you can Cheat, get caught, and banned on Black OPs, but still move on and play multiplayer in say Brink.

The only ones that I know of that ban for multiples like that are actual "VALVE" games. Hacking in CS will get you banned in HL, that other game with hats, what else is there? :D

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

you must ask the ownser (it was EUTW - teetimes)

and I find thy symbol highly provocative in a military game. thats a no go in my eyes!

Dont play WW2 shooters?

The only ones that I know of that ban for multiples like that are actual "VALVE" games. Hacking in CS will get you banned in HL, that other game with hats, what else is there?

There's literally dozens of non-Valve games that use VAC, get banned on one and you can't play on VAC secured servers in any game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat#Games_that_support_VAC

There's literally dozens of non-Valve games that use VAC, get banned on one and you can't play on VAC secured servers in any game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_Anti-Cheat#Games_that_support_VAC

scroll down a bit more

Denotes GoldSrc games, if a player is banned in one of these games they are banned from all of them.[17]

Denotes Source engine games, if a player is banned in one of these games they are banned from all of them.[17]

Denotes games that have a stricter policy of having all servers VAC protected, and additionally bans players for editing of any game files except config files.[17]

Not all of those games are Source engine games nor Gld Sources games also. I can confirm that you can be banned in any singular CoD title and on the same account play on another one.

Basically aslong as you arent on Source engine, most of your games are fine. its only that singular game that will be banned.

Dont play WW2 shooters?

ok, i state the obvious:

in a ww2 shooter, the symbol is for authenticity. its historical correct info, and not used to offend others.

in the game above its a different statement.

as though a "thing" has to be seen in its context: sexual movie in a sex cinema is different than a sex movie in a kindergarden - for example. of course the movie itself stays the same, but because of changed background, changed intention its different to rate.

did i really have to explain this?

Edited by tremanarch

ok, i state the obvious:

in a ww2 shooter, the symbol is for authenticity. its historical correct info, and not used to offend others.

in the game above its a different statement.

as though a "thing" has to be seen in its context: sexual movie in a sex cinema is different than a sex movie in a kindergarden - for example. of course the movie itself stays the same, but because of changed background, changed intention its different to rate.

did i really have to explain this?

Yes, because your statement said

You didnt say wasteland, or this mission, you said in A MILITARY GAME which encompasses all military games.

For example If I were to chose to make a mission where the KSK raid a Neo-Nazi compound in south-eastern germany (which makes sense) it would still fall under your

Perhaps instead of military game you should have said game mode, maybe mission?

Before this ends up as a dicussion about scripted attachTo swastikas, it's best to close the thread.

The Arma 3 Beta currently has no anticheat protection as this is still under development. It will of course be available soon and stop the majority of the scripters.

The high frequency of scripters you may have experience is a unfortunate sideproduct of the trusting multiplayer structure which normally enables awesome missions and moddability and these kinds of people who think their time is best spent playing a game in the least enjoyable way for whatever reason there may be...

I suggest you to find a proper server with active admins or even better, a gaming community of friends to play with.

If you wish to discuss scripting protection or server administration further, please use the already existing threads