nukerat

Arma 3 Domination??? Xeno working on one? Or anyone?

I have done a few searches but have been unable to find the answer I was looking for so I decided to post it up. Sorry if this has been covered already.

I was curious if Xeno or anyone for that matter has coded up a new Domination for Arma 3? Or even something similar would be great. Thank you all for your time and responses.

Yes he has, filter 'Domination' in-game.

Dirty Haz

Okay, thank you. I have yet to get in game. I use to run a Dom server with some custom scripting myself in Arma 2 and was just wondering if he was working on one. I was unable to find one posted here by him. I should have checked Armaholic actually and am going to do that now. I would like to get the file without have to rummage through getting in manually from the MP. Thank you again sir.

Once you join a server with it running, abort and obtain from your cache folder.

I have done final ranked xeno domination mission. Everything works like in old xeno domination ranked version, including cargo drop, paras at MT , HALO jump, etc. Only what does not work is artillery HE and smoke (no A3 classnames for that yet). I have added random IEDs scipts so watch out for bombs on the road... , you can download it here:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=CA271EE45C2405C0&id=CA271EE45C2405C0%21105

and, Xeno does not work on the mission anymore, maybe when final version is released, he is not happy with present version arma 3, especially MP module...

pawel

Edited by PawelKPL
more added

when i play this with friends, it seems the host can only call artillery and fly choppers and recruit ai.

my friends have to take control to fly helicopters, the ammo box does not land in exact position, and i dont think the ammo box is a vas version.

also when i host it i dont see an ammo box at the flag but my friends do, but if they host it they dont see it, so i have to bring up an ammo box in the mhq,, which has no parachutes in it.

when i play this with friends, it seems the host can only call artillery and fly choppers and recruit ai.

my friends have to take control to fly helicopters, the ammo box does not land in exact position, and i dont think the ammo box is a vas version.

also when i host it i dont see an ammo box at the flag but my friends do, but if they host it they dont see it, so i have to bring up an ammo box in the mhq,, which has no parachutes in it.

It is RANKED version. You need points to call arty, para drop, fly attack helis, etc. IT is Xeno version of the game - so no VAS ammo system. More, xeno mission is made for dedicated servers , do not host it from game lobby but create dedicated server instead. There are lots of parameters like "drop radius" e.g. to tune mission.

you can't host domination on your own machine. It has to go on a server. the ammo box is client side so it won't show if you host.

Edited by Tankbuster

I have done final ranked xeno domination mission. Everything works like in old xeno domination ranked version, including cargo drop, paras at MT , HALO jump, etc. Only what does not work is artillery HE and smoke (no A3 classnames for that yet). I have added random IEDs scipts so watch out for bombs on the road... , you can download it here:

and, Xeno does not work on the mission anymore, maybe when final version is released, he is not happy with present version arma 3, especially MP module...

pawel

Reference your Ammo drop... Does it land ok and not sink the items below ground??

The ammo box landed fine, the one i called into the base i could not find.

I had set the drop to exact position and turned of ranked, (always played domi on a2 same way and it worked fine when hosting, guess we have to wait till a3 is finished)

Still a cool mission thanks for all the work xeno and xares

Reference your Ammo drop... Does it land ok and not sink the items below ground??

It should be fine but It can happen sometimes even in arma 2. When final is released I will change drop parachute to cargo one and test it.

The ammo box landed fine, the one i called into the base i could not find.

See my previous post reference base ammo box on the hosts machine.

i can load an ammo box into the mhq and drop it at base (i can see that ammo box). ill just stick with co24_Domination_2_99f_Blufor_Beta_VAS.Stratis for the time been. ta

I thought Xeno said no to porting his domi code (just like he did for Ironfront)?

well he did do up to ver 2.99F for A3 - think his F ver has a bug with teleport from base, but someone fixed that

and added VAS.

The weather FSMs seem broke when trying to call it in F build. But other than that it seemed fine till yesterday.

Is there an unranked version with AI ? Been searching but all seems to be ranked

there are so many files in this mission its complicated to find how to increase the intro speed so it doesn't take so long and reduce the spawn time. where would i find it in the labyrinth of files.

EDIT:

also there seems to be a bug when you die your hat doesn't save, i cant seem to find where to edit that to fix it.. also is there a way to switch it so we fight blue4 instead of op4?

Edited by uber3999

A couple of issues we have run into..... The building by the Chopper Service Point was destroyed by the enemy chopper. We were unable to repair or rebuild it so the service point would no longer service or rearm our choppers. That sucked!!

The "Destroy the Convoy" side missions resolves themselves in about 15 seconds. We just love this mission and appreciate all the effort and work that went into making this possible. Thanks!!!

What happens if I have 2 pcs, one with the dedicated server and the other as client, and I put the dedi server pc in stand by or hybernation? Does it resume the mission once I wake the pc up? I'm just trying to see if there is a workaround to "save" the mission progress whithout having the server pc always on.

I was told in another thread that this method does work.

What happens if I have 2 pcs, one with the dedicated server and the other as client, and I put the dedi server pc in stand by or hybernation? Does it resume the mission once I wake the pc up? I'm just trying to see if there is a workaround to "save" the mission progress whithout having the server pc always on.

Way to necro a thread !!