Sign in to follow this  
feldmaus

(Arma 2 Ace) How does the CCPR for Bombs like MK82 are working in Arma 2 ACE?

Good afternoon,

i am playing Arma 2 Ace and don't understand how the MK82 and the GBU's in Arma 2 Ace are working. Can somebody give me Documentations for the CCPR and CCIP System which is used in Arma 2 Ace to aim the targets?

Or just post detailed information's here to understand how its working?

When i switch to Mk82 or GBU's i get a vertical line with 2 circles at both end's. What do i have to do now to hit tanks?

regards

Not sure you have the right place to ask it, but since I am the author I'll give you a quick run down.

Basically if you see a solid line you just need to put the circle on the target and pull the trigger (pickle).

If you see a dashed line, put the circle on the target and hold down the trigger. Fly the flight path marker (or FPM, the little circle with a line out of the top and the sides) along the solid line while continuing to hold down the pickle button. You will see a horizontal line descend until it reaches the FPM, at which point this is the loft range, if you pull up now to 45 degrees or so the bombs will come off the rack. If you want to keep flying straight and level you will see the horizontal line has jumped back up the vertical line and is descending again, when it reaches the FPM again the bombs will come off the rack.

This same concept works for the GBUs, but you will usually see a diamond marker on your screen. That represents a laser spot. Put the circle on that and do the same as a above. This will make sure that the bombs have enough kinetic energy to reach the target.

You need someone else to be lazing the target for you though!

So the GBU is also an unguided Bomb?

Nope. Please reread the relevant part below. For GBUs, it locks on the laser target somebody else is painting for you. IIRC your onboard computer just tells you when the laser target for the GBU is in range of the guided bomb - being a bomb, it can't maneuver enough to hit a target that's outside its flight envelope, it can just correct its path a bit (unlike old A2 GBUs, which, at least until a certain patch, IIRC, maneuvered more like a missile). Mind you, somebody else has to do the laser painting, be it a JTAC on the ground or another plane or helicopter. As far as I know, AN/AAQ-33 or LANTIRN (target acquisition, automatic tracking and laser designation pod by the singleseater attack aircraft itself) is not modelled in ACE, probably due to engine limitations or the fact that Arma 2 A-10s are model A (IIRC), which didn't have such pods yet.

This same concept works for the GBUs, [...] You need someone else to be lazing the target for you though!

Feldmaus, if you do a youtube search for

, several video guides on the whole concept pop up, some of them by our respective author NouberNou himself. These might help you as well.

And just be advised, usualy at least from what I gleaned from observing the moderators' work on these forums, it's a (perhaps unwritten) policy to ask questions about mods in the mod's own thread, and not a new thread in the general forums.

Edited by fraczek