Sign in to follow this  
eggbeast

EB_Air mod

hey lego - post up your error in the troubleshooting section - someone is bound to have had the same problem already

usually its to do with the patching sequence.

Arma 2 reinstalling instructions

Manual installation creating Arma 2: Combined Operations

Step 1: Uninstall ArmA2 and OA. Make Backups of your Modfolders.

Step 2: Install ArmA2 and run it once (single player , editor, place a player and preview - run about).

Step 3: Install OA. When asked where to install to, install it into the same folder as ArmA2. Run it once - (single player , editor, place a player and preview - run about)

Step 4: Install BAF (if applicable)

Step 5: Install PMC (if applicable)

Step 6: Install the latest OA Patch (patches also A2 + BAF + PMC). 1.60 and 1.62

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=arma2_oa_files_patches_official

Step 7: Install MP compatibility patch ACR lite

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=11543&d=0

Ok, slight update. As I have spoken to Eggbeast, and we have decided to give a try to collaborate on this one to archive a best result.

Here is something I would like to share as a concept:

AV8B_UI_test_zps3fe3fe93.jpg

So as Eggbeast asked me to create UI for all vanilla BI aircraft so latter we can add this type of functionality/support to any default plane with support of GLT missilebox and meny other weapon mods.

would it be at all possible to add compatibility support for adding user made bombs as apart of the loadouts?

such as adding in NutzMcKracken's CBU-87/MK20 Rockeye from his Cluster Bomb pack?

reason I'm asking is I am unsure specifically if this kickass loadouts menu is customizable Via script

or somehow automatically recognizes any available loadouts that are predefined ?

Edited by MadM0nkey

predefined vs dynamic was a big design question for us and we've not fully completed work on the approach.

Myke's idea was to develop this so that bomb and plane makers must make a few changes to their model configs so that they, or a modder working on their behalf, can easily port their kit into the system.

My approach has been to do all this work for the models we wish to play with

John Spartans approach is to make it all for the modeler too.

BUT i have huge sympathies with Mykes approach as it would be a long term solution with much less effort on this team of developers, and easy to use for the artists releasing new planes/ bombs etc. we might keep all the best stuff compatible by helping the release team to make their overlay.

i've been away a lot so planning to get to grips with John's development this week i hope.

my release on this thread can be modified to work with any plane or bomb you like - in the script - just crack the demo mission open and modify it to your hearts content for your particular mission.

The EB_Air is not to be modified though - that's a separate pbo, not really necessary for your bomb to work with the rearm script.

longer term the rearm script may become redundant with two or three releases comprising:

a) a new FRL missilebox, hopefully incorporating some of my new weapons

b) EB_air - stock aircraft redesigned with lots of tweaks from the community and weapons from FRL/EB

c) a cockpit rearm function - served up as either a module or mission script or mod that allows you to rearm your aircraft with chosen weapons, ideally using a hybrid of JS's interface, Mykes systematic parameters and my scripts.

I really do enjoy what work is being done here, it seems like the concept of Ammo carts by eddyD with a more logical yet simplified approach by adding a really cool functions menu.

I hope all the stock aircraft are eventually added, along with every conceivable choice for weapon loads. The one thing that seems to be lacking when I'm playing around in ArmaII is that of a Multi-role CAS Scenarios when being limited to use ordinance for what it was not designed for as its purpose so a bomb and missile designed for the specific job at hand.

so example right now the job at hand in my editor is dropping CBU-87 CAS on enemy infantry and armor closing in on a friendly position without dropping to close to friendlies Danger Close!.. practice makes perfect ..well sometimes =D

keep up the good work, we all look forward to seeing what this evolves into and appreciate your hard work+efforts

Edited by MadM0nkey

is that my cbu87? if so does it work ok? i released to public an untested model switched version (as my dev version has mykes as-yet-unreleased models in it) and was hoping it would work ok. i guess you have the big green mines on the ground rather than the little terrys chocolate oranges of death? if it does work then excellent.

i've added gnats su33 and am looking at the F14 and adding JS's new F18 to the basic script (so i can understand the loading regime and try some different loadouts) at the moment

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

or is that the cbu not the alcm?

Unfortunately no egg, I have not had the chance to test yours out yet..

I was going to try and add cluster loadouts from NutzMcKracken / SirSmok@lot's sa_CBU.pbo

I found from here:

topic link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?102467-Cluster-Bomb-pack-Beta-Release-1-0

DL armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11145

just to see if I can port his loadouts into John_Spartan's Superbug (This) Aircraft loadouts menu

to see if backwards comparability works.. trying to figure that out may take some reading / time :)

Edited by MadM0nkey

ok well my cbu's will be on the f18 and f14 this weekend i think, but prolly won't be released until later next week

still need to sort out models with myke and interface with the two of them... but meantime good to understand the planes pylon systems, and to include them in PRACS, RKSL EB_missilebox, etc

ok updated files released

file v9

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/mods/EB_Air%20release_v9.rar

Updated demo missions included which use the Cockpit loadout script:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154352-Eggbeasts-cockpit-loadout-selection-script

Release notes v9:

-Added rearming support for the following mod planes with PRACS, RKSL, stock, and EB_missilebox weapons:

---Gnat's Su33

---John Spartan's FA18

---Ikar F14

- Added 750kg Napalm Blu1, AGM12 Bullpup, AGM45 Shrike, GBU8 HOBOS (FRL myke: better models to follow)

- fixed clustermines on all stock planes

- added new 12mm, 20mm and 30mm brass casings dropping from all aircraft guns (donated by hcpookie)

- added smoke hydras and runway busters (donated by hcpookie)

- fixed Mi24's missing weapons

- All choppers now have separate gunner and pilot weapons

- improved handling of 2 seater aircraft

- Added AGS to some Mi24's

- Finalised Unsung 2.6 planes and choppers support

- Lots of tweaks to weapons and loadouts

To do:

- Finalise models/ FRL use

- Rearming interface (underway)

- Finish Littlebird turret work

- Add MH60, CH47, Mi8 and Ka60 shell casing drop

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

downloads fine for me - it's a .rar archive

beware i put the wrong classnames in the readme for the mi24_v variants

they should be

EB_Mi24_V_CAP

EB_Mi24_V_HCAS

EB_Mi24_V_MR

EB_Mi24_V_AGM

EB_Mi24_V_BMB

yea the link has been fixed nice addon do you know if it Works with the new apache by franze and nodunit?

blimey they dont need my scummy mod lol - theyve applied the same principles as me but to a much more professional degree...

absolutely outstanding work

This mod is compatible with Mando missile system addon?

It doesn't seem it is because some action menus are not activated like "mma Vikhr AA", ""mma Vikhr AG" when flying ka-50 with both mando missile addon and "eb air mod"loaded.

Any plan to make it to work with MMA?

Or do I have to do some modification on MMA side?

sorry i've never used mma.

can you give me a link and i'll take a look - it probably just needs a rearmfn_mma script adding to it with the right weapons for each aircraft listed. I can make that easily enough.

nice 1

here's a screenie of todays server action using EB_Air

me spotting from 3km with the longbow

bazz drops mk84 on laser, just as bill fires thermobaric spiral 2 saclos missile on same target

mk84tb-1_zps305a8648.jpg

This is becoming a must-have mod.

But could you maybe add the F-14 by VectorX? Its of way higher quality than Ikars, which is just an OFP port.

Vectors F-14 even has some fancy animations like bouncing landing gear or engine noozles that change in diameter if you accelerate.

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=4236