Sign in to follow this  
XxSheepDoggxX

Ghost hawk gunner view opinions?

Recently got some time as a helicopter crew member on the gunner seat(s). Noticed now you are sort of stuck in the view that your aiming down the gun. I see how this is practical but did enjoy the option to use it without "looking down the sights" as I did in arma 2.

I say so because from that view you could serve as a sort of crew chief for the pilot having the ability to move your head around without the gun following and seeing your body etc. I usually sit there and make sure everyone has gotten in/out for the pilot because most randoms can't remember to say last man etc and it also helps to have the option for immersion.

Anyone else notice this, am I missing something like a new key combo to enable that view? If not anyone else share the opinion of wanting to see that views return?

i would also like the ability of the gunner to throw chemlights out of the heli, to help with complicated landing maneuvers.

I would also like the gunner to actually hold the minigun.

It bothered me too that there's no free view as in Arma2.

It bothered me too that there's no free view as in Arma2.

I'd like to see freelook for gunners back in the game also.

I like how they have made the boat gunners actually hold the gun, I'd love to see this same done with Ghosthawk gunners. Its been long time coming since this was basically done in ArmA 1 already, but with a workaround..

Sakura chan achieved this with his blackhawk addon in ArmA1 by moving the whole gunner with the gun, looked cool in its own way but as I said it was a workaround. Since BIS now has the needed knowledge and tools to make Ghosthawk gunners hold the gun, it would be really epic if they bothered to do it. :)

i would also like the ability of the gunner to throw chemlights out of the heli, to help with complicated landing maneuvers.

Would love that but for that to happen we would have the ability to shoot from vehicles... Now that would be great. Seems more of a pipedream at this stage a development though.

Good to see I am not alone hopefully this will get noticed and the old system will be put in. Anyone mind throwing a ticket in to get the option some light? I am on mobile at the moment and its a pain..

Yeh this has always been a let down for me, Sorry but battlefield had this worked out really well and lifelike. Surely it wouldn't be hard to anchor the hands to the weapon and feet to the floor and the mid movements can be refined from there?

Pease not, I don't have a clue on game engineering.

They should just slap a holographic sight onto the minigun, like ArmA 2's PMC SUV has. Should make it easier for aiming, or, since it's 2035, some sort of HUD, a la AH-64E crewmen. At the moment, you have to follow your tracers to aim.

I noticed another problem, the gunner does not take machingun in his hand !

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=10834

Indeed. There was a helo mod for ArmA 1 that featured door gunners grabbing the handles (more or less). Can't remember which one exactly, unfortunately. Little details like that do wonders for immersion; not a big fan of the mind-controlled miniguns. :(

One point from me

Here you see, the door gunner uses the hard mounted sight or a improvised aiming help or its just a mounting rail.

We have no sight in arma. Only a white reticle.

That is just a mounting rail for An sight.

Also BIS need to make the spray patter on the minni gun much larger. Right now on the GhostHawk its like a laser beam, They need to use the same code as they do with the little Birds.