daskunk

Arma 3 Facetrack Noir

Is anyone using this in Arma 3 and if so have you got any tips on how to smooth the turn motions out please. Or any useful hints to help even :)

I have just started using it and after 2 hours i cant seem to get it smooth enough. Right turn and look down are pretty ok but looking up and to the left are like well speedy.

Any help would be much appreciated ty.

You need to adjust the curves, or if not that then using the smoothing may help.

I use Track IR v5 not Face Track. I found I had to make a few minor tweeks to the curves to get the tracking to where I liked it.

Have you confirmed that the FaceTrackNoIR software is properly detecting and smoothly tracking your face? I remember trying the software using a 720P webcam and it just didnt work well enough to use in game. The tracking would fail sometimes or would jitter around too much.

Some general tips:

1. Get good lighting on your face. Sometimes just your regular room lighting might not be enough especially at night times.

2. Use the best webcam you can get

3. Try to reduce clutter in the background that might confuse the software. A nice solid color behind you would work the best.

4. Play around with the FaceTrackNoIR software settings before taking it in game. It should track you very well and closely before it will feel good in game.

ok advice taken guys now got it running perfect, smoothing was the biggest help. had to adjust the curves slightly not so big a curve as i previously tried.

I must say this has brought a whole new area of fun and confidence while flying choppers.

Ty for all your replies.

Skunk

Camera - Logitech HD c510 720 p

Edited by DaSkunk
Adding camera spec

I'm using a PS3 eye camera. So far it is working brilliantly and really adds to the immersion. Anyone who is flying should check it out!

I know iam comitting necromancy here but i seek an advice: I have set the FACETRACK NOIR played a bit with the smoothing and adjusted the curves, but i cant get it to work properly. It seems like the software sometimes looses the ability to track my face. It all works fine everithing is smooth for a minute or two but then suddenly the wiev turns sideways and stais there. When i look in to the FTNOIR interface it self where the small window with my face is, it track s my face for some time but then it suddenly zooms in and losses my face. cant find any solution.  

I7 4790K

GTX 980Ti

1920x1080 camera 

13 hours ago, Mirek said:

it suddenly zooms in

Just guessing here, but maybe make sure that any sort of autofocus/face following is turned off?

• Thanks 1

thanks ill try