Sign in to follow this  
Oberon3d

MOdel Exporter

I wonder if there is someway to make models for Flashpoint as it is for MSFlight simulator.

The game is so good that the only thing it needs is new vehicles, and for us who like to model would be great fun aswell.

Maybe bohemia could check the quality of the models and then and only then add them trough the website as a free vehicle addon.

The only thing we would need is some kind of instructions and tips as number of polys, texture size and format. What kind of hierarchy for objects....Whatever they need.

Obviously new to this place. Not to sound mean....really i dont but next time I'd suggest read through the forums before posting. No there isn't a way to make new models yet as BIS has not released the SDK which is the only way to make them. Again please read through the boards before posting questions.

I'm sorry I made you waste a few seconds reading and answering me but I'm happy you can expend reading lot of time more than me

If you don't want to answer me is OK.

Yes, I'm almost new in this forum but

I perfectly know about The development KIT that is needed.

I'm a game artist in a company very close to Flashpoint. (I am already playing Red Hammer) So I know a lot about Flashpoint.

I'm not asking you how to do it. I'm just posting one more drop of water in the glass so one day the glass will be full and BIS will release the development Kit.

Not to sound mean but if you are not going to answer don't tell me to read all the post's as I don't have 6 weeks to waste reading all post.

Devildog815 i think you are pretty new too....

Anyway this guy is pointing out a good point...

Devildog815 There is never going to be a SDK....

why is so difficult being friendly with new people? Come on Devildog... We have all joined the forum to have a good time and relax. That's all.

Maybe we might not ever see a proper dev kit ever (obviously this aint' Qake 3) but having a tool to import 3D models into the game doesn't sound too difficult to me.

Writing import/export plugins for Max is quite easy. At least that's what the programmers who work with me say, and they have done  the pluglins I use ... They must know one or two things about it...

Dan "Haddock"

(Edited by Capitaine Haddock at 11:24 pm on Nov. 8, 2001)

Again sry for brining this up but look at the memories... biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Obviously new to this place. Not to sound mean....really i dont but next time I'd suggest read through the forums before posting. No there isn't a way to make new models yet as BIS has not released the SDK which is the only way to make them. Again please read through the boards before posting questions.

Omg, was that really nessasary? mad_o.gifsad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

This is so golden tho smile_o.gif Such memories smile_o.gif When you couldn't even make addons biggrin_o.gif Oldest post on this forum. Admins if u want just delete my 2 posts and it'll be sent to the back...

Even if they do delete your posts, you've brought this crap back up from the stone age.

What is it with people doing archaelogical forum digs today?

Digging up long dead topics is a no no, do not do it again please.