Sign in to follow this  
xceptionZERO

Disable/remove muzzle flash ?

looking for a way to disable/remove muzzle flash effects from a weapon

also to stop the smokecloud from the weapon

(in essence to remove the firing effects)

anyone have a handy pointer on either to help with my mod?

you'd need to oped the p3d file (model) in o2 and remove muzzle flash proxy. That of course requires access to unbinarized models, which is not easy.

Would it be possible to hex edit the location of the proxy to your new proxy model?

Brain. Apologises for that (thought as i wasnt requesting an addon it wouldnt be right to post there, but thanks for the heads up)

gvse, thanks I suspected so. looks like i will have to design all my own weapons rather than use the ingame ones. Gonna be a long and painful process. I may have to rethink everything if i cant get the ingame weapons into o2 (as they are binarized) and the engine doesnt allow modification or de-activation of the muzzle feature.

mmm..wonder if the flash/dust effect from the muzzle could be changed to achieve the same effect?

you'd need to oped the p3d file (model) in o2 and remove muzzle flash proxy. That of course requires access to unbinarized models, which is not easy.

Doesn't the 'hasSuppressor' animation source remove the default zasleh muzzle proxy in most cases? It doesn't show up when you fit the standard Arma 3 suppressors so I'd imagine to get rid of just the flash proxy model you only need to make an invisible muzzle accessory with no custom muzzle flash assigned to the attachment, and add it to the list of compatible attachments for your weapon class.

Getting rid of the muzzle light effects that appear when the weapon is fired is a different kettle of fish though. You need to modify the weapon's config to change the fireLightIntensity parameter to 0. Either by overwriting the original BIS weapon class (generally not advisable if you want an addon to be compatible with others), or by making your own subclasses variant of the weapon with the appropriate value added.

Currently it's not possible to change firelightintensity based on attachments added to a weapon, as it's defined by the base weapon itself. Which is why this bug occurs: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=768

Not so sure about getting rid of muzzle smoke etc.

genius. Yup created a new silencer accesory thats invisible with no muzzleflash. thanks, im now back on the road