Sign in to follow this  
luetin09

Where can I practice Piloting and other skills

Hi everyone, I'm totally new to Arma having literally built my new PC rig this week. Downloaded the Beta and the game is amazing so far love it.

Im also hoping to cover Arma on my youtube channel this year so maybe on the offchance someone may know me from there lol but anyway.

My question -

Is there something like a Free Play / Free Roam option where I can just practice my piloting or general combat skills. This is obviously a hugely newbie question but better to ask and get the right info.

I could surmount a guess as to how I could do it but you know how it is when you have never tried out something before its all alien until you actually know it for yourself!

This was just a really short Q :D but expect more from me around just want to say also hello to everyone and look forward to being part of the Arma Community.

Cheers

LT

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Luetin09

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Luetin09

Open Editor. Choose Stratis. Double click on the runway. Click the CLASS dropdown and select "Air". Click OK. Click Preview. Fly!

Open Editor. Choose Stratis. Double click on the runway. Click the CLASS dropdown and select "Air". Click OK. Click Preview. Fly!

Thanks Kylania answers my question perfectly :D

Look forward to participating here more

Once in the preview click ESC and click Field Manual. Then click Vehicle Controls on the left side Topics: list. Then Helicopters Take-off from the Hints: list. Then the Hint Content will display the helicopter controls for you. While flying pulling the mouse towards you will nose down the airframe and make you go faster. Pushing the mouse away from you will tilt the nose up slowing you down. Depending on how fast you're going moving the mouse side to side will either rudder or bank to the left or right. ALWAYS make VERY small moves. :)

When placing the helicopter you can also change "SPECIAL" to "FLYING" to start off in the air instead of having to 'Q' to spool up each time.

In addition to what kylania said, when placing the helicopter you can change the number in the Elevation field to change the starting altitude (I believe that if you leave it at 0 but set the Special drop-down menu choice to "Flying" then the default 'in flight' altitude is 50 meters).

Since each side/faction has different aircraft, you'll want to choose the side and then the aircraft to go through them all -- if you want to change sides, delete the currently placed helo and place another. (There's currently only one faction per side.)