odyseus

Seattle Map into ARM III

Seattle Map improved and imported to ARMA III  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Seattle Map improved and imported to ARMA III

• Yes, I would love to see it.
    • No, I don't like the idea

Hello guys,

I m starting this thread just to see if there is anyone else out there who would love to have the Seattle map of TOH improved and introduced into ARMA III like i do. If yes comment down below and let's hope that the developers consider on to doing it. I believe the some visual improvement, addition of roads and bridge and maybe more enterable buildings would do it. :D What do you think!?

Ps. Sorry for the typo on the tittle :/

Ps.2 Haters gonna REPORT. :D

Edited by Odyseus

One of the things I have always loved about Arma is all the community made maps/mods. And one thing I have always wished was in Arma is a nice urban/city map.

You get a yes vote from me

Hahahah :D yes, it would and would be great. By the way i love the video!!! :D Too bad we are getting a negative response! :(

Would be good to see it modded in or a map similar.

It's been awhile since I played with TOH but if I remember correctly it would need a fair bit of work to add detail in, it was designed to be seen from above.

It would be madness!

Holy! Is there a mission we can play like this with All in Arma and ARMA 3?!?! :D

It would be pretty cool but could it be done?

Well i ran i few tests on my machine using allinarma. Although allinarma still have many bugs to be addressed, map ran better than in TOH, even graphic were better.

From what i could see things like terrain detail the addition of road and bridges and maybe some interactive buildings would be enough for a good map. But only BIS would be able to say it for sure. Lets hope that we can get a positive feedback on this pole. And who know maybe, just maybe DNA or one of the developers may consider introducing the idea. :D

Because at the end of it all they are the only ones that can say "yes" or "no"

Oh yeah, I'd love to get to play in my hometown... To the point of, while I don't REALLY have any interest in ToH I've considered buying it simply for the Seattle island. Haven't quite got to that point yet though.

I think it'd be great if BIS let the modding community have access to it to upgrade and port it either to ARMA II or III, but it'd be a bit much to ask them to make it free. Likewise, it's a bit too much to ask them to put any effort into this on their end, they've got more important stuff to do.

Edited by lesscubes
more better reasoning, yo.

Oww up to 27 "yes" now.. That is an improvement.

Any good map-especially "urban-based" and even more "real" or "based on real" was always more then welcome.

Now..about to "lets hope developers will consider.."

Sorry..i m not too young for this.Up-voted tho

Of course everyone would love to see a gigantic urban warfare map but it's just not going to happen with the same fidelity as other Arma 3 maps.

BIS would be wasting massive efforts trying to put it on the same level of quality with enterable buildings etc.

If you want to play on it, there is the "All in Arma" mod" :)

Of course everyone would love to see a gigantic urban warfare map but it's just not going to happen with the same fidelity as other Arma 3 maps.

BIS would be wasting massive efforts trying to put it on the same level of quality with enterable buildings etc.

If you want to play on it, there is the "All in Arma" mod" :)

I agree with you PurePassion. I think that at this moment would be a wast of efforts, only because the game still not at it's best. Although it could be a great project for maybe an upgrade pack in the future. Something similar the TOH Rearmed. Where items from the Arma was introduced into TOH.

One would imagine that it is better to improve an already existing map than to start new one from scratch. But again i maybe wrong on that! :)

I m a big fan of the BIS work, i think that they are doing a great job and the fact that they give us the channel to express our thought and opinion is beyond compare. So yes i m hopping for it! :D

AllinArma is great it gives the opportunity to play with more vehicles and to play in Seattle as well in other well known maps. I love it and use that mod all the time. :D

Edited by Odyseus

The devs don't have to be the ones to do this guys, this is Arma !! All we need is some enthusiastic map makers in the community to take on the challenge

I think just making a mod that would retexture or add in more detailed textures to the Seattle and Kuala Lumpa maps via a PBO or series of PBO like the Summer Chernarus mod along with AIA would suffice?

The devs don't have to be the ones to do this guys, this is Arma !! All we need is some enthusiastic map makers in the community to take on the challenge

The difficulty comes with the map itself, any official maps for that matter locked down from in-depth editing. If they open the map a little to full editing, perhaps the community would jump on in a group effort of creating and placing/replacing building you can enter and to scale a few things slightly differently. I know I'd sit there for HOURS just placing trees in the barren areas of the map to build well detailed forests.

In order for us to see a map of that caliber, it would take a lot of organizing of map, artists, and model makers to build one from scratch using detailed satellite and terrain data. Organizing that group would likely be a nightmare.

I played TOH with the Re-armed official FREE DLC, it allowed playing Arma 2 easily in TOH. Combine that with the editor and making missions was just the same as on any other map. Would be nice to have the map overhauled, but I'll take what I can get.

The difficulty comes with the map itself, any official maps for that matter locked down from in-depth editing. If they open the map a little to full editing, perhaps the community would jump on in a group effort of creating and placing/replacing building you can enter and to scale a few things slightly differently. I know I'd sit there for HOURS just placing trees in the barren areas of the map to build well detailed forests.

In order for us to see a map of that caliber, it would take a lot of organizing of map, artists, and model makers to build one from scratch using detailed satellite and terrain data. Organizing that group would likely be a nightmare.

I played TOH with the Re-armed official FREE DLC, it allowed playing Arma 2 easily in TOH. Combine that with the editor and making missions was just the same as on any other map. Would be nice to have the map overhauled, but I'll take what I can get.

Yes, I totally agree with RuecanOnRail. That is why I think that this work would be done faster/easier if done by BIS. After all they hold the rights to the map. We can hope that they may make this map available to the community for improviment. But i find it quiet hard to happen. Who knows lets hope too! :D

Now as long as starting a map like that from scratch I am willing to help, my knowledge is limited to none, but i learn fast! :D

Upvoted! That video was awesome. I hope Seattle will be put into ArmA 3 or even ArmA 2. It would be awesome. Major urban combat! :D

The biggest glaring flaw is the road textures. Streets, concrete, pavement, sidewalks, etc. If they can fix that, it would be the bestest mapz liek evarrrr!

The "Battle of Seattle", played in Arma 3 with AiA. The rendering is kind of glitchy and some textures are missing. Also the model quality/resolution are not up to the high Arma 3 standards and the buildings are not enterable but there is lots to love, IMHO. Like 3600 sq km of mano-a-mano urban warfare.

I wonder if it could be polished up a little and made a little more stable? Alduric and .kju have done an incredible job with importing Arma 2 maps into Arma 3. I don't know if they could work a little magic on the Seattle map too.

Seattle could also fit into the Armaverse. By 2030, China rises rapidly to superpower status. Using its financial leverage to buyout the rights to Canada's oil and gas, mineral, timber and water rights, and using the new year-round circumpolar shipping route between Canada and Manchuria, China starts to assert itself on the North American continent. The ever-quarreling remains of the no-longer united States of American struggle to answer moves by the world's newest superpower and Seattle is on the front lines of a new global confrontation ...

Here are some pictures (I know I'm not going to win any photography prizes, but here it goes)

The USS Nimitz Docks in Seattle

nimitz-seattle.jpg?t=1391061747

An aging F-18 Super Hornet patrols the sky above the Emerald City

F18-needle.jpg?t=1391061804

The urban terrain becomes an impenetrable nightmare for any invader

condo-monium.jpg?t=1391061811

Strategic locations such as this Liquid Natural Gas facility are placed under 24-hour guard

lng-seattle.jpg?t=1391061780

Peaceful green suburbs belie the battle ahead

neighbourhood.jpg?t=1391061750

Alertness is Key ...

key-centre.jpg?t=1391061785

Edited by MissionCreep

...played Arma yet but the mods seem endless. Most of the vids I see are incredible. I am excited to try this game.

One of the things I have always loved about Arma is all the community made maps/mods. And one thing I have always wished was in Arma is a nice urban/city map.

You get a yes vote from me

BI needs to merge large object technology from TKOH to A3.

If they were to release the source files, people could also split Seattle to smaller chunks and use higher satellite textures.

Love the map, took like 30-45 mins to drive a hummer from outskirts, to downtown area near the giant tower(sry don't know it's name) was pure genius in TOH/ArmA2, to see it modded/ported for ArmA3....pure win! Also love that video first time i saw it I was just so amased that it was even ArmA.

;2611605']BI needs to merge large object technology from TKOH to A3.

If they were to release the source files' date=' people could also split Seattle to smaller chunks and use higher satellite textures.[/quote']

It would be a shame if the island fell into disuse ... it is (as far as I know) the closest 1:1 replica of a factual place in the Armaverse.

safeco-centurylink.jpg

Love the map, took like 30-45 mins to drive a hummer from outskirts, to downtown area near the giant tower(sry don't know it's name)

Its called the Space Needle ...