Sign in to follow this  
giullep

Holster have non gun

HI, I PLAYED ALSO WITH ARMA 2, OP.ARROWED...BUT MY SIMPLE QUESTION IS: WHY IN ALL ARMA SERIES THE GUN DON'T APPEAR IN THE HOLSTER...IT IS EVEN EMPTY...:confused:

THANKS

well considering they finally got proxies working on weapons so attachments can be added to them, i don't see why they can't get a pistol in a holster to work.

back in 2001 i had made a post suggesting that they add proxies to the weapons, so that attachments could be put on the guns without needing to make a complete model of the same gun with all the different combinations of attachments on them.

i thought they brushed off the idea back then, but it's nice to see they figured it our for ArmA3.. just a shame it took them until the 4th game to do it.

maybe having the pistol in the holster is a minor thing and they plan to add it later on when close to ArmA3 going gold? they would have to make not only a thigh holster, but also a hip and under the armpit holster and have all the animations to go with it. they may as well add a combat knife as well.

I see i m not the only one that notice that. :D it would be a great and welcome improvement on my opinion.

We still don't have magazines as proxies, I think this is more important than a gun showing in a holster.

Imagine if you could bring up your M4 and load a drum mag into it and actually have the drum mag represented!

I can only dream...

Imagine if you could bring up your M4 and load a drum mag into it and actually have the drum mag represented!

It was either ACE or Robert Hammer weapons that had that. :)

I also think, drum mags used to be shown when it is used.

Same goes for the holster - the gun used to be in there, when it is in the players equipment.

I would also like to see smoke grenades on the avatar.

Did someone say knifes for divers? :rolleyes: