Sign in to follow this  
Motavar

How is Bohemia Interactive addressing the Multiplayer cheats that are rampant?

I am curious if key theft will still take place with steam log-in?

Shouldn't be more of a problem than in other Steam games, in fact it should be less as Arma 3 is not THAT popular and therefore not present on every other Steam account ;)

In the beta, 1 Global Ban = 34,99€ + new Steam account... in the final version, 1 Global Ban = 44,99€ + new Steam account. Yeah, that's gonna hurt. ;)

You will sooner than soon know the answer on your question {grins evilly} :cool:

Sooner than soon... well thats a new one!

Just think twice - what would you do at the place of Steam?

Let's say that the BattlEye is going to start a mass-ban at the release day.

All the players are at least Steam-customers, too. Imagine this shitstorm.

On the other side is BIS - with a successor of ArmA2, known as the Cheaters paradise, in a beta stage, multiplayer without any anticheat protection. Reputation is already lost...

Do I have to tell you that the Steam-employees are already active here in this forums, they have financial interests and will not be surprised by any circumstance.

When I read the vague statements from the officials here, both from BIS and BattlEye, I would say it would be better to say nothing at all. They better have news according to BattlEye in the next sitrep that's coming tomorrow.

:Bullshit: <- Meant to be a Bs-smilie.

On the other side is BIS - with a successor of ArmA2, known as the Cheaters paradise, in a beta stage, multiplayer without any anticheat protection. Reputation is already lost...

Do I have to tell you that the Steam-employees are already active here in this forums, they have financial interests and will not be surprised by any circumstance.

When I read the vague statements from the officials here, both from BIS and BattlEye, I would say it would be better to say nothing at all. They better have news according to BattlEye in the next sitrep that's coming tomorrow.

Wow, talk about being naïve!!! Do you actually think that BIS and Steam are not talking to each other?

Vague statements? I think your definition of a vague statement and mine are different, also what will make more sales? a hack free environment or a hacked environment?

In general the average public will buy games which they know are safe from hackers and safe from issues, not the other way round, also the issue of having half hearted hackers will soon be gone because you have more than one game on your steam account :D.

So it will be to the advantage of steam and BIS to eradicate vermin where they see fit, although we could just do this with all the hackers

Just put in something you know they will find, and let them fall into the trap, one by one they will die off because they know that each hack they produce will be a Global Ban for them.

Where do people get this "global ban" from? and

What do they mean "global" ban?

The Global ban is done through BE. In DayZ when hacking was rampant BE dished out 1000's of global bans. This meant that they could not use their copy of Arma for any of the games including vanilla Arma / OA and of course DayZ.

Hopefully they will do the same for Arma 3 or more importantly BI have come up with a way (in conjunction with BE and Steam) to severely reduce the chance of hacking etc.

We might find out today... :p

BE is still banning 1000s GUIDS globally each week , it's not like it 'ceased to work' for A2: OA or so ... still updated, improved and kicking the baddies off the MP

A for some reason I related the ban to having something to do with steam. my mistake.

BE Keep raping em a new one.

http://support.dayzmod.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=24

A Global Ban is issued by a third party Anti-Cheat Software Engine.

Generally spoken, a global ban can be handled from every AntiCheat Tool.

The disadvantage of BattlEye is that it is optional, the server-owner can deside if they use it or not.

The term "global ban" is used by BattlEye: BattlEye Support

VAC, the anticheat engine used by Steam, is using the term "permaban".

http://www.vacbanned.com/static/informations

Thanks for the release of BattlEye in ArmA3 (Beta) today, good luck to $able!

not yet young padawan wait you must