jdanek

Ammo Crate Utility | Easily add guns/ammo/items toCrates

Ammo Crate Utility
Made by: Jonathan Danek
My Website

acu_4.png

Ammo Crate Utility is a simple java application that you can use to make crate sqf scripts to add weapons, items,and equipment to crates without even touching a peice of code!

Requirements to Run:
Java 1.7
A Windows, Mac, or Linux based Machine

How it Works:
Using a graphical interface you can select all the Guns/Items/Ammo/Equipment you want and generate a .sqf script for use in arma 3.

How to use?
1. Drag the folder named "Ammo Crate Util" to your desktop
2. Double Click Ammo Crate Utility.jar
3. Select the Weapons/Ammo/Items/Equipment you want and click "Add to Crate" then click "Compile"
4. Select the number of Weapons/Ammo/Magazines and click "Generate Script"
5. The program will generate a .SQF script and put it on your desktop
6. Play arma with the time you saved

Download Link:
Download

Edited by jdanek
Adding website link

I just finished an update that will allow you to add in custom weapons and items manually. The update will be out within a few hours!

Version 1.5 Released:

v1.5

- Fixed NewLine Bug on .sqf File

- Adds Menu Bar with the following items

- Add Custom Item

- Donate

- Developer's Website

- About

- Doesn't close program when closing "Choose Amount" window and new "Add Custom Class"

- Allows adding of custom weapons and items

- Few Minor Performance Fixes

WoW .. amazing work man ! :)

... thx for the update ;)

During my testing the Range finder didn't seem to make it into the crate despite being compiled with the rest of the gear it is showing in .SQF

I also noticed there are no backpacks. Any chance on backpacks making it into a update?

Edited by SpacemanSpiff

@Luki_M2K Thank you very much for the kind words.

@SpacemanSpiff Thank you very much for pointing out the bug with the Range Finder I will go and check out the issue and why that's happening! Also backpacks are on my list of updates. The Application is still in a Beta stage so some things are buggy, so thank you for helping me iron some of them out.

---------- Post added at 03:51 ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 ----------

@SpacemanSpiff I was unable to recreate your issue with the RangeFinder. Could you tell me all the items you had in the crate when compiling, it would help me out alot. Also have you tried restarting the application and trying again.

Edited by jdanek

You're welcome jdanek ! :)

Yeah I have restarted and it always occurs regardless of contents and have restarted it a few times. Not sure why it is failing if yours functions. I don't have the original load or I would copy paste it. It was just a variety of fatigues vests and rifles and ammo. I will do some more testing with it and see if I can get it to work. And excellent news on the updates =)

@SpacemanSpiff I just figured out what the problem is. Its that I added rangefinders as an item where I should have been adding them as weapons. I will have the fix out in a matter of hours and will post on this thread when it is ready for download.

Outstanding work pal!!

Thank you very much for making my life much easyer.

Version Update:

Change Log:

V1.6 - Equipment Bug Fix

--------------------

-Fixes issue when adding rangefinder, binoculars, or laser designator to a crate

Temporary Download Link:Download

Nice, simple, easy to use. Might I recommend allowing users to double-click the weapons and items to add them to the crate?

I would also recommend that you use

while {alive _this} do {};

So it would look something like:

while {alive _this} do {
// Settings
_this allowDamage false;
_weaponAmount = 4;
_itemAmount = 5;
_magAmount = 34;
_sleepAmount = s; // 'S' is the amount of sleep time the user has selected

//Clear box
clearWeaponCargo _this;
clearMagazineCargo _this;
clearItemCargo _this; //to make sure box is empty of everything
clearBackpackCargo _this; //to make sure box is empty of everything

//Add to box
_this addItemCargo ["item", _itemAmount];
_this addWeaponCargo ["weapon", _weaponAmount];
_this addMagazineCargo ["magazine", _magAmount];

sleep _sleepAmount;
};

Edited by bob100101
fixes in the code

@Bob Thank you for the kind words! As to your ideas those are both very great ideas and you may see them in my next update! ;)

tell me if i wrong but the hole point of this, is to make your own ammo boxes. And then script them into the game.

Its to make ammo boxes for use in-game for your custom made missions.

Its to make ammo boxes for use in-game for your custom made missions.

yea I know,I have all ready used it in a few test missions of mine, It clears up a tone of map clutter. I like it a lot.

Where do you put the .sqf files in the ARMA3 folder? I can't get the ammo crates to show up in the editor.

@SandMan13 Here is a step by step guide on how to use them in game. Click here. The init line which you put in arma is already made for you inside of the script, just remember to remove the 2 backslashes.

Edited by jdanek
more info

Where do you put the .sqf files in the ARMA3 folder? I can't get the ammo crates to show up in the editor.

This tool doesn't ADD an ammo crate to the game, you must place an ammocrate of your choice in the editor, then put the generated SQF into the mission folder of which you are working on, and execute the script using the provided line of code in the sqf itself by placing it in the init text field of the ammo box. Cheers.

I just downloaded this utility, however, whenever I double click the .jar file, I get an error saying Incorrect command line. I do have the latest version of Java installed on my computer. Is there another way to run this?

The reason you are getting this error is because you are trying to open it with 7-zip, here is how to open it with java: Right click the .jar and click open with > Choose Default Program > Browse. Then go to your program files, then Java, then JRE7, then bin, and then double click javaw.exe. It should open up after that.