Sign in to follow this  
unknown03

Is it just me, or does no one play Arma 3 in California?

This is an issue that I've always had with both Arma 2 and Arma 3. For some reason I rarely find any populated servers with decent ping, even though 1/8th of the entire country of the United States lives in California. Attached is a screen shot of what I see on the daily - not much to choose from.

Maybe Arma is more of a European game? Anyone else experience the same? Before anyone asks, my internet isn't 56k :p

http://i.imgur.com/PFTRWHG.jpg (276 kB)

Im in Cali. You are using the dev version of the beta. There are less servers using the dev version. I recommend USSOCOM and 175th servers. Non dev version of the beta try Graves, they are well orginized and have a Seattle server, my ping is In the 30's with them.

Im in Cali. You are using the dev version of the beta. There are less servers using the dev version. I recommend USSOCOM and 175th servers. Non dev version of the beta try Graves, they are well orginized and have a Seattle server, my ping is In the 30's with them.

Much better. I was using the Dev version since the hacking fiasco. Back then I had more servers on it too.....probably because that's what everyone was using :D

Four or five guys I play with are in California. We don't play on pub servers though. :)

Its funny you mention this. I used to be in an A2 unit with 50% of the guys being from Cali

I'm in Cali here. This and A2 do seem to have a stronger presence towards the East, including Europe. I'll check out some of those servers Henry Rollins posted, thanks.

Hi guys had a similar issue to OP for a couple days now. Been playing DEV servers all day and now want to switch back to stable client versions. Am I going to have to re-download the whole game again?

bumping

I don't have a fast internet connection and another 6gb download will take ages. Does a dev know the answer? Also why was this never communicated in the manual or anywhere else - it just says if you want to switch between the two versions etc but never said anything about having to download the whole thing again.

I think this has more to do with your general internet speed not where you are at.

I am in Socal and never have issues, if you go to speakeasy.net whats you up and down?

We should all meet at a pub and have an arma lan party! ;)

Hicks

bumping

I don't have a fast internet connection and another 6gb download will take ages. Does a dev know the answer? Also why was this never communicated in the manual or anywhere else - it just says if you want to switch between the two versions etc but never said anything about having to download the whole thing again.

This thread might help: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149411-How-to-change-between-stable-Arma-3-Alpha-versions-amp-release-candidates-STEAM-client

We should all meet at a pub and have an arma lan party! ;)

Hicks

39829048_zpsedc5cbfe.jpg