Sign in to follow this  
Katulobotomia

[VIDEO] MythBusting the ARMA3 AI: Is it really "superhuman" or not?

LOL No need to watch. No crap it isnt superhuman at all times. Keep up with the threads.

Now heres a better test go in some woodland put about 4-700m range inbetween you.

also it isnt that hard to randomize positions please rely less on bis to do it and use ingenuity.

2- arma ai does know how to lead Arma 3 ai is just shit (currently)

Actually play a well made mission and put on said super ai and see how long you live.

@OP: You missed the whole point.

Sorry pal, I only watched for like 10% and found critical issues already. You need to fix this for further tests (once the AI accuracy is fixed I will release some test missions properly made, so we all can check AI behaviour). Here are your issues:

1. On quickdraw, make the distance 200-300m, thats where weird things happen; at this distance, your accuracy highly decrease while his is still perfect.

2. The AI has NO WAYPOINT, you need to put

- a Hold or Guard waypoint, streight over the unit (!)

- Combat mode: Open fire engage at will. (!)

- Speed: fastest (run)

- Behaviour: Aware or combat

For the moment, fix these and come back with the new result. Now, your AI is only a dummy beying annoyed when you hit him. "Combat mode" mainly reffers to how it move along the field, standing or prone. Also, try to specify other settings you use, like enemy skill in game options, etc, check this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?158241-Tutorial-Gameplay-difficulty

EDIT: the strafe issue is known, as far as I know already has a ticket on feedback tracker

EDIT 2: these are not proper tests, you know where you find him acroos the hill and shot him instant. Put him in a range of presence of 10-20m. On the oposite side, the AI "doesn't know" whats your exact position, by sound. There are many flaws in these tests.

EDIT 3: the "waldo" test... you're waiting for him to turn around so you can shoot him..... doesn't prove anything.

EDIT 4: Here is a proper mission, try to hit the AI, face to face, random positions. Not really need "Super AI":

http://www.mediafire.com/?95zag801g94g612

Edited by afp

Yesterday I saw three enemies on a hill 700-900 meters away at night and one of them shot once standing up and killed me instantly without even being a sniper. Possibly a marksman.

I was lying down and made several shots at them without hitting because I couldn't zero down the exact distance properly and they went from running around to shooting me just like that.

By the way in the duel you know exactly what’s going on and where your enemy is while the AI is born right there on the battlefield and you expect it to assess the situation, drop and shoot all in less than a second?

Do this again but not on the runway. Woods, Hills w/e. I dare you. I double dare you, m!@#$%.

Also (and im not one to overly defend AI) dropping yourself and enemies in plain sight out of thin air is an artificial construct that can't happen in reality. Not that AI don't have problems with their CQB rotations but this probably isn't the best way to assess their cqb flaws.

You made the mission so you know what and where to look for!Ai does not!

Yesterday I saw three enemies on a hill 700-900 meters away at night and one of them shot once standing up and killed me instantly without even being a sniper. Possibly a marksman.

I was lying down and made several shots at them without hitting because I couldn't zero down the exact distance properly and they went from running around to shooting me just like that.

By the way in the duel you know exactly what’s going on and where your enemy is while the AI is born right there on the battlefield and you expect it to assess the situation, drop and shoot all in less than a second?

+1 Yes..same here in any A3 mission....

Thing is you know exactly where they are its like a duck shoot at a carnival , when in game they know where you are and you don't now where they are until they shoot at you then its too late , I think this testing is not accurate to game play .

A glaring problem.. at least for me, is that Opfor take less shots to take down than Blufor.. so it renders a lot of these "tests" useless anyhow.

about first test: human reaction is about 3 secs? So you know there is an enemy, at start you go down and shoot him, AI doesnt, and as human supposed to do, it takes time to detect, and understand your an enemy, then it shoots you + its suppressed under your fire, thats why your geting injured only and not killed.

test 3, you put him to aware mode, not combat, so he simply runs down the hill + you know he is coming at you and whre from, he doesnt switch to combat mode when you shoot, try same test with combat mode.

and as you can see in test 4, exactly like i said, takes about 3 seconds as human supposed to react

last test looked just like a bull to me, and yeah, ai unable to hit you, when you were runing, looks like a bug. AI in early alpha had insane accurasy, even on recruit, at escape stratis coop mission, we were constantly dying by ai, killing us arounf 700-800m ranges. BIS seems to be rewording ai now

Still interresting test, but i say to 99% incomplete/not correct

I'm afraid the test is biased. You know the situation of all the tests and have a clear advantage each time. I played missions with groups and the AI would just rape us. They see us through bushes, they see us at night and their reaction time is god-like. I'm dead almost the second they see me. Their accuracy is way too high... Even while standing they often one shot me at various distance. Maybe they don't have to deal with the fatigue system i don't know. But me my bullets fly everywhere but the AI has no problem shooting straight.

I think they adjusted the AI a bit in the last versions, I guess the problem still remain for the sniper AI. Well, its kind of normal that this one hit you at 800m.... its all on mission design at this point.