Sign in to follow this  
cody8899

Preference of Arma 2 equipment

It is rather disappointing to me to play this game with all fictional, futuristic armies and units.

I want all the units from arma 2 to play with also it would be way more fun.

I see bis releasing this game with all these dumb fictional units and leaving out all the real stuff and its not going to be fun

It is already bad enough more than half the features in arma 3 are copied from people who made their own mods for arma 2 like ACE and such and there sound effects arent even touching user made sound mods for arma 2. pretty sad if you ask me

Well the game is a futuristic based game an has always been advertised as such. Perhaps a little searching in here u will find what u want versus bashing BIS for adding content that's never intened or planned at this stage.

I disagree, if I wanted the stuff from ArmA 2 I'd... play ArmA 2. Funny that.

I like this 40 minutes into the future stuff and I would like to see more. Realistic war simulators set in the near future era basically don't exist, so I am quite happy to have one.

Use All in Arma.

Also, the models are not the problem.

The problem is again the core of the engine. No native HUDs for vehicles, no laser rangefinding (instead, magic), no Fire control systems beyond right-click-to-win, magic spacebar reveal, absent proper medical system, etc, etc.

Complaining about the art assets is completely missing the point. In fact, the art assets, along with the new movement and animation system are among the best things the game has to offer right now. Maybe focus on gameplay flaws instead.

All of the weapons and vehicles in ARMA3 exist in real life already, except for two. They aren't really fictional at all...

Bah, stoopid gif was too big...

But yeah, yay, this thread, again...

Most people are hella bored of fighting towel heads in some bland desert. A3 is a rather refreshing take on something different.

Bah, stoopid gif was too big...

But yeah, yay, this thread, again...

Most people are hella bored of fighting towel heads in some bland desert. A3 is a rather refreshing take on something different.

I dont know about you but If I were a towel head Id be offended :D

This thread again, yup :D It still managed to make you reply.

I much more preferred playing an insurgent vs the west/RU scenario.

Different Im not so sure about different. The landmass to me is just a modified Takistan. Honestly I dont really know what is "different" unless you mean the skins of weapons, soldiers, places, and such.

did you even buy it, and if so: why?

If you don't like, you don't play it. unless you're a developer at BI you don't decide what's in the game and what not.

If anything, the current units/equipment in Arma 3 would be practically obsolete by the year 2035, lol.

Besides, there's nothing in it that doesn't already exist in some form or another, aside from a few "fictional" units that were born out of the necessity of avoiding copyright/licensing issues.

If anything, the current units/equipment in Arma 3 would be practically obsolete by the year 2035, lol.

Now I wouldnt go that far.

Er, no, not really.

We still use things that were made in the 80s and earlier (And by We I mean pretty damn near everyone), so it's pretty much in line with that in that things that are being prototyped and tested today are main line stuff in ArmA 3

I definitely am missing the whole takistan infantry army/guerilla units, no allah akhbar type missions to create in ArmA3 :/

A lot can change in 20 years though, all it takes is one major "breakthrough" and the nature of warfare could be dramatically changed.

I'm not exactly making a prophetic declaration or anything but there is absolutely no guarantee that armed combat in the year 2035 will be anything like what we see presented in Arma 3.

So... basically, I don't believe it's quite as "futuristic" as some people (Such as the thread's author.) seem to believe it is.

It's more like... contemporary combat with a few prototypes tossed in here and there.

Edited by Koukotsu

Don't like the units? Take advantage of the fact you can mod the crap outta the game and make it to your liking.

BIS FTW.

Also, if you want insurgents, just take soldiers, give them civvie clothes, chestrigs and tac vests, headscarves and turbans and w/e and hand them some AKs from a mod. There´s a reason why we have the new clothing system.

Also, if you want insurgents, just take soldiers, give them civvie clothes, chestrigs and tac vests, headscarves and turbans and w/e and hand them some AKs from a mod. There´s a reason why we have the new clothing system.

The brilliance of this post. It is blinding.

There will be guerillas in the final game.

I hate the vocal minority of people who dislike the 'futuristic' setting (If you took arma 3 and set it in 2013 the game would be no less or more realistic) because bohemia is unfortunately listening to them and sucking the only originality to come out of the military/simulator shooter for years because some people want to play Arma 2 (and 1... and operation flashpoint): Better graphics edition.

There will be mods. There already are mods. Please stop this pointless whining.

There will be guerillas in the final game.

I hate the vocal minority of people who dislike the 'futuristic' setting (If you took arma 3 and set it in 2013 the game would be no less or more realistic) because bohemia is unfortunately listening to them and sucking the only originality to come out of the military/simulator shooter for years because some people want to play Arma 2 (and 1... and operation flashpoint): Better graphics edition.

There will be mods. There already are mods. Please stop this pointless whining.

What madness are you talking? They are listening to the minority? Show me where they have abdicated and removed a "future" tech at the behest of this "minority"?

I dont like the future shit either. Why?

we have a stealth chopper thats as simple to shoot down as any other helicopter but meh I can live with it.

Just like I can live with steam.

Originality? If switching weapons and locale makes a game original then damn.

A lot of weapons/vehicles used by western countries are decades old and a lot of "physically new" stuff are technology from the 50s/60s with small updates.

A lot can change in 20 years though, all it takes is one major "breakthrough" and the nature of warfare could be dramatically changed.

While it's indeed hard to predict the future, you should consider how weapons R&D takes years and years, and after you've finally come up with a product that's somehow better, more efficient and/or cheaper than the old one, it'll take more years and years for a military to adopt it (funding/budgets/production times). So in this light, 20 years is quite a short time for a major groundbreaking, all-out change in materiel.

^ Yeah, I know, I was basically saying that Arma 3 isn't quite as "outrageously futuristic" as some seem to believe it is and everything that is presented already exists in one form or another with the exception of a few "fictional" units that were born out of the necessity of avoiding copyright/licensing issues.

Heck, there were even primitive "UAVs" used during WWII if you can consider a radio operated airplane a "UAV..." and you absolutely can, lol.

It is rather disappointing to me to play this game with all fictional, futuristic armies and units.

I want all the units from arma 2 to play with also it would be way more fun.

I see bis releasing this game with all these dumb fictional units and leaving out all the real stuff and its not going to be fun

It is already bad enough more than half the features in arma 3 are copied from people who made their own mods for arma 2 like ACE and such and there sound effects arent even touching user made sound mods for arma 2. pretty sad if you ask me

seems like a troll?

What madness are you talking? They are listening to the minority? Show me where they have abdicated and removed a "future" tech at the behest of this "minority"?

I dont like the future shit either. Why?

we have a stealth chopper thats as simple to shoot down as any other helicopter but meh I can live with it.

Just like I can live with steam.

Originality? If switching weapons and locale makes a game original then damn.

Literally the only thing that is straight-up fictional in Arma 3 is the Mi-48 and the MX rifle. Even then, they are an amalgamation of existing military equipment.

They removed railgun tanks (Which they advertised and released screenshots of and talked about it in a positive light) which, while pretty far-flung, is not beyond the realm of possibility with a healthy dose of 'What-if' (Railguns have been tested with success in real life).

They removed the HUD on the Opfor. Now their silly helmets make no sense.

I can only imagine what other unannounced but futuristic stuff they've cut. This http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/doupe_cz_e3_2012_8_4.jpg has probably been cut in favour of a global hawk for looking 'too futuristic'.

As for originality? Yes, more or less. How many military shooters do you know that are set after the cold war that don't involve russians and sand and AK's and M4's. Not a lot.

Edited by Doln