Sign in to follow this  
][niipaa

A3B Arcade Helicopters

[Niipaa;2433307']Thank you very much Foxhound.

I find it hilarious that ACE did it' date=' and people don't say ACE is unrealistic. Put Arcade in the title, because I guess I use the word lightly, and all hell breaks loose. If this thread just becomes a flame fest then might as well close it. It's up to the moderators on that one in the end, but I won't shed a tear if it means all the, ahem, realism aficionados have one less reason to be upset. And I certainly don't want to create a breeding ground for it either.

A little back on topic:

A3B Helicopters & MP - So this is the way it works right now:

If you make a mission with this Addon enabled, and put down one of the three current Beta Gunships in the editor (AH-99 Blackfoot, Mi-48 Kajman (Normal & Black)), then all players will require the Addon. Alternatively, if you spawn the helicopters in by any other means, and you are the running the Addon, then the Helicopters will work as described, and others who fly them will see them with no Mags for the pilots slot. This also means on most Dedicated Servers, the choppers you fly, if they are in the mission at the start, will be default. But if you are the one spawning them in (A buy script for example), they will be the tweaked version. It's a very strange affair of client side/server side locality.

Needless to say, if you want to make a mission, but do NOT want others to have to have the addon, disable it while you make it. Then host it when it's completed with the Addon enabled/disabled. I'll still try to help others with understanding all this locality business if they need it. Until next time.[/quote']

If they want realism, go join the army. Good job on mod.

@ (ST6)Predator, if ARMA was actually 'realistic' you'd never even get the chopper off the ground. Oh, and by the way, choppers in Battlefield are no easier to fly than those in ARMA, or perhaps you've never tried them, and you're just coming out with the same old boring stereotype.

Thanks for the mod, keep up the good work :-)

Construct Argument :

Iff you want to Play "ARCADE", then go and Play "Battlefield"!!!

No one Needs this Shit !

This is Arma 3 !! Dont destroy the Spirit of this Game !

This is the attitude that destroys the spirit of arma.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great mod mate, thanks for the effort.

You can fire the guns but you cant turn the turret or am I wrong ?

Uh... maybe I'm missing something but, switch to manual fire with DAGR/ASRAAM armed, press T to target vehicle/aircraft, press fire to fire? At least, with an AI gunner... with a player gunner, the pilot can still target things but it has no effect on the missiles. Even without manual fire, the AI gunner won't fire DAGR/ASRAAM without the pilot (commander) ordering fire... which sometimes I wish he would, since DAGRs can be TV guided to the target even without a lock. I just wish the AI gunner was better about shooting infantry I can clearly see on the tiny thermal PiP display in the pilot's seat... >.<

Any plan or making the turret control available for the pilot with auto lock capability as to having an Gunner?

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

I found a bug with the bay door, it won't close if I switch to the cannon

Wouldn't it be better if you Just had the weapon control on normal rather than giving the pilot control straight away? That way if you are playing with others, they will still have the option of the original Blackfoot and the pilot can take control over the weapon system anytime.

Whew, didn't think this would become that popular. As far as a lot of the questions I've missed, support didn't die off for this, I've just been really busy RL (Gets us all). Not an excuse for the lack of communication, but I didn't want you guys to feel like you were just thrown to the wind.

I can basically sum a lot of answers, at least from my end for you.

Q: Bug concerning opening/closing bay doors?

A: I never found a fix, and certainly didn't when I wasn't able to look anymore. As far as fixing, I can safely say it's beyond my skill level sadly. I believe I released the source with this, so once again, anyone is welcome to pick it up and pound away at it. It doesn't bother me.

Q: Turret control for pilot?

A: Funny thing is, I received a private message about that, and while originally I thought it couldn't be done, turns out Franze & the boys found a way in their fully interactive AH-64 addon. I wish I could say I have that level knowledge and capability, but I do not. I honestly didn't expect this to become this supported, which is great, I really do appreciate all the kind words, support, criticism, and bug reports. The unsung heroes of addon makers, all of you. But like I said, and I'm not trying to cop out of my responsibilities as its creator, I was going for something simple, and now we have a sort complex impasse where this addon can fill another void, and become something more than I imagined it to be, but I am not the man to take it there.

In essence, I still try and respond to PMs I get, so don't be shy. Just ask Salohknir, I may be slow, but I do try to get to them. And if anyone wants to pick up this orphaned project, or create something entirely new, or something in between, you have my full support, and I'll help where I can. Thank you guys again, and I'm sorry that I can't deliver the product you want, but hopefully you've all had the fun with the parts that are there. Keep calm and enjoy your Sunday!

Can you extend this mod to include drones, and give drone turret operaturs access to the Skalpel ATGM missiles? That would make them much more useful and realistic.

^^ +1

If you can pull this trick off with the UAV turret opperators, you're the man!

And I think it's good to have the capability to hand over more weapon authority to the pilot. I'm a realism freak myself and I know for a fact that how it is in Arma by default is NOT realistic.

Nice little addon.