Sign in to follow this  
mikie boy

OnplayerDisconnected and getvariable - possible?

Couldnt find this anywhere...

been developing my Database system using Arma2Net and MySql - works well and recommend it to others

All equipment position, direction etc saves and recalls perfectly from the sql database. simply using things like _backpack = (backpack _player); (_player is defined via identifying player UID and sorting through list of playable units). I load it in with onplayerconnected and save it out using onplayerdisconnected.

The problem comes when using _DLicence = _player getVariable "DLicence"; and disconnecting.....It just returns null - checking the wiki 'getvariable' - "Returns Nothing if the variable doesn't exist."

"Returns Anything if the object is undefined."

The variable i'm setting updates to the database when i'm in game (using a while loop).

im assuming that there is an issue with using getvariable and player when disconnecting - is there another way to save a variable to a player, then on disconnecting relate to that variable.

I tried with profilenamespace - again it just turns up null.

Any help would be appreciated chaps

Mike

p.s if the above is not clear to anyone just say and ill try again :)

onPlayerDisconnected is fired after the actual disconect... player isnt there anymore............

and u cant depend on it, since it doesnt have to be fired... :(

everything else works perfectly from using the onplayerdisconnected - 100 percent -

turns out after thinking ive tried everything - the last thing i could think of was to broadcast the variable to all computers and it worked

_unitdriver setVariable ["DLicence", _pDrivLicence + _TotalDrive, true];