Sign in to follow this  
meatball

Briefing.sqf entry ordering?

I stopped trying to use the Create Diary Notes modules since they seem a bit buggy and have been just using a plain briefing.sqf file, but I can't for life of me make heads or tails of how to order them correctly in the text file so the first diary note the player sees is at top, and it's selected by default.

It actually appears that the diary notes show up in reverse order from top to bottom in the briefing screen compared to how they are in the .sqf file. Sometimes the top entry in the Briefing screen is highlighted first, sometimes the bottom.

On the positive side, I did figure out you can make a whole new heading using createDiarySubject which at least made me feel better. :)

I stopped trying to use the Create Diary Notes modules since they seem a bit buggy and have been just using a plain briefing.sqf file, but I can't for life of me make heads or tails of how to order them correctly in the text file so the first diary note the player sees is at top, and it's selected by default.

It actually appears that the diary notes show up in reverse order from top to bottom in the briefing screen compared to how they are in the .sqf file. Sometimes the top entry in the Briefing screen is highlighted first, sometimes the bottom.

On the positive side, I did figure out you can make a whole new heading using createDiarySubject which at least made me feel better. :)

its normal behavior... last is on top... (its same for created subjects..)

Any way to force it to open the same diary note when a subject area is clicked on?

Any way to force it to open the same diary note when a subject area is clicked on?

What do you mean by this question? If someone clicks on a diary note and that will cause the game to open up the diarySubject?

What I mean is say I have 5 diary notes in the Briefing subject section, Situation, Mission, Execution, Support and Signal. Sometimes when I click on the Briefing subject header on the left and open it up, Situation is highlighted and showing, other times, Mission, other times Signal. I'd like it to always open up to Situation first, and then people can read the overview and then read whatever they want.

Sorry MeatballCB I don't have a clue on how to help you have you check the community wiki page on this?