Sign in to follow this  
Oligo

An extremely rough terrain fire support vehicle?

I wonder if there could be any military application for this? Maybe if you'd make it faster and patch in some armor and weaponry it could be used as an extreme rough terrain fire support vehicle? Any ideas?

Too slow. But that is an amazing vehicle or bug whatever you call it.

no use at all: dependant on pods for movement, and way too slow.

although as a supply vehicle it can do quite good.

come to think about it, "leg" infantry could use a vehicle that can go anywhere they can and capable lifting heavy load.

would help us poor "legs"

I'm pretty sure you could make it go a lot faster. You have to remember that this one is designed for minimum impact on forest floor. If you didn't have to give a damn about shit flying up in the air, I think it could be much faster (after some R&D).

And I was thinking about terrain where tanks cannot go. There is such terrain, you know, just maybe not in Israel.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And I was thinking about terrain where tanks cannot go. There is such terrain, you know, just maybe not in Israel.<span id='postcolor'>

you'll be surprised how many areas in Israel are unaccesible to tanks.

but anyway, you'll need it to be a lot faster, other wise any Light AT will blows it to smitherns.

heavy armour wont do cause it'll destable it, and thats actually the biggest problem for pod vehicles.

here is another thought, if it'll step on a land mind, high chances it'll flip side ways. a strong enough mortar shell would do the same.

I still opt for the supply role. its important enough, and been un-answerable to this date.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scout @ Aug. 02 2002,09:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you'll need it to be a lot faster, other wise any Light AT will blows it to smitherns.<span id='postcolor'>

It wouldn't be used in combat. But It could be used by engineers, for mine work or some such.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 02 2002,15:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scout @ Aug. 02 2002,09:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you'll need it to be a lot faster, other wise any Light AT will blows it to smitherns.<span id='postcolor'>

It wouldn't be used in combat. But It could be used by engineers, for mine work or some such.<span id='postcolor'>

yes , could be usefull for some combat engineering applications

What makes you think that could go where a tank couldn't? Its footprint would be heavier than a tanks, if you put comparable armour on it, it still looks incabable of crossing tank traps or anti-tank ditches. Wheres the advantage, except to the people who would be given Billions to develop it?

I personaly think this thing would be very ineffective as a military machine, it sure looks cool though. Is there any advantage to legs over tracks?

Whats wrong with me, I must have watched that video about 20 times, showed it to family members, and linked a few people to it on the net. It has some weird force that seems to draw me to it.

i see no combat use at the moment, but as someone mentioned earlier, engineering use might be available.

and I'm impressed with technology to make it move like that. maybe it'll be better in the future.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whats wrong with me, I must have watched that video about 20 times, showed it to family members, and linked a few people to it on the net. It has some weird force that seems to draw me to it. <span id='postcolor'>

Wow the same thing happened to me. I watched both the videos several times, showed it to a family member, and gave links to my friends. I think what drew me too it was the sound, something about how slow and loud it is reminds me of an old german WWII tank on patrol in the woods.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MDRZulu Posted on Aug. 03 2002,02:47

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whats wrong with me, I must have watched that video about 20 times, showed it to family members, and linked a few people to it on the net. It has some weird force that seems to draw me to it.

Wow the same thing happened to me. I watched both the videos several times, showed it to a family member, and gave links to my friends. I think what drew me too it was the sound, something about how slow and loud it is reminds me of an old german WWII tank on patrol in the woods. <span id='postcolor'>

Thats gotta be it, and there is just somthing about big machines with diesel engines, and then there is the noise of all the hydraulics and the feet stepping down. This machine is amazing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cybrid @ Aug. 02 2002,06:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I personaly think this thing would be very ineffective as a military machine, it sure looks cool though. Is there any advantage to legs over tracks?<span id='postcolor'>

If the legs were long enough, it would be able to move over obstacles that would stop a tank dead.

But that would mean a bigger, higher target. considering the efficiency of current AT weapons, that would be a Bad Thing on a battlefield where the best chance of survival is not to be noticed.

Why do I suddenly have the urge to buy Mechwarrior 4?

As for a military application... How about bolting on a couple of laser-cannons and going hunting for stray humans. John Connor must be terminated! biggrin.gif

I think I'll start playing starseige once again, see that mech (cybrid executioner) in my avatar? I think I'll get back in it and kick some human ass....lol