if(E2 knowsabout W1 >0.1)then{goto "END"}else{goto"redo"};

E1 setFormDir random 360

E2 setFormDir random 360

goto"redo"

#END

hint"EXITING"

exit

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 ----------

ok i found out the problem, E2 is in a group (E2=group this), now how can I make this work?

help with this plz, i cant get it to work when the unit being detected is in group, i am getting the error above. if W1 is in a group, it returns the error above

I think knowsabout works on units not groups. So both E2 and W1 need to be units not groups.

Are you using E2 as a unit and as a group name? If your unit is named E2 then you should do something like this:

E2Group = group this;

instead of trying to use the same variable for both the unit and the group.

Also, learn SQF. :) It's 2013, it's time to put SQS to bed.

I guess what im trying to do is for E2 to detect any member of the group by using the command knowsAbout. But that isnt working!!! i want the condition to be executed when he knows about any member and not specificaly W1

it is more realistic, group keeps moving until seen and that is when the fight begins

Huh? Give your patrols a bunch of large completion area waypoints. Wrap the whole area with a BLUFOR DETECTED BY OPFOR trigger and done. Patrols keep wandering around till they see someone then they attack. Maybe even have the trigger synched with a cycle waypoint then a seek and destroy waypoint you move to wherever the detected blufor is? What you're trying to do doesn't need to be scripted is all I'm saying. :0

Thanks kylania, i didn't know this, i always thought i knew the in-game editor but apparently not enough, appreciated