Sign in to follow this  
massasster

CO25 Invade and Annex Occupation Mash up

This one turned out so well I figured I would share -

I like to toy around with missions and see what fun changes can be made, some times you get some really great playing missions . this is one of those times. Take my word for it...

This mashes the Invade and annex by Jack Williams (Rarek), Occupation By BangaBob and Tweaks by MassAsster. Both Rarek And BangaBob made wonderful missions and mashing them together brought a HUGE amount of fun, THANK YOU GUYS!

This map is the best of both worlds - and plays amazingly fun- I recommend not touching any params and just launching this.

Features :

All Features of Invade and Annex

All Features of Occupation

Added:

*Random Enemy Helicopter Patrols

*Random Enemy Vehicle Patrols

*Halo Jump Ability (removed until crash from BIS is corrected)

*New Starting Base (with new locations for bonus vehicles)

*Submarine Base

*Deploy fast ropes from choppers

*Lift vehicles with choppers

Mission Objectives:

Attack the main target given by Invade and Annex, clearing the red grid squares as you proceed to your target location. Attack side missions to earn bonus vehicles and aircraft.

Download Here v6

Armaholic Download

Edited by MassAsster

Thank you

Submarine use in mp, who would have thought.:cool:

Thanks, gonna give this a go with some others tonight. :)

nice mission, I only get a error message about a nato sign ? that isn't there. also I would have taken the green teams inserting by chopper out, they do not seem to add to much to the MP experience. apart from that a realy fun mission with lots of action.

I only get a error message about a nato sign ?

are you running the DEV or stable version?

Test version calling it v2 - If you are having client/server crashes try this version without Halo jumping.. This is caused by something inside Invade and Annex - right now the working theory is the parachutes...

Changes

*Bumped to 40 players

*Added air vehicles to the base

*Added more land Vehicles to the base

*Adjusted vehicle call back time (how long you leave the vehicle unattended before it returns to base)

Params Fixed and/or enabled: - (weather/time still not enabled yet)

BTC Revive lives, TK Punishment system, BTC Who can revive players, BTC Med pack required to revive.

Edited by MassAsster

Ok I can confirm on our server at least - running the mission without HALO, we have yet to have a crash +8 hours, with Halo we crash ~1 hour. It appears to be parachute related...

If you havent alreadty done so, can we have a version without the base AI and chopper AI ? Thanks

this new release removed the base AI in favor of increasing the Player count to 40. I really really recommend toning down the AI numbers at primary objectives, I'm going to by default change that for performance reasons, leave it up to the admin to change when they are present under parameters.

OFFICIAL UPDATE:

Version 2

Changes

*Increased to support 40 players

*Removed HALO JUMP (currently causing crashing, will enabled when patched)

*Adjusted default AI at primary objectives (performance)

*Added air vehicles to the base

*Added more land Vehicles to the base

*Adjusted vehicle call back time (how long you leave the vehicle unattended before it returns to base)

*Added TK Punish (with param enabled/disable)

Params Fixed and/or enabled:

BTC Revive lives

BTC Who can revive players

BTC Med pack required to revive.

Looks good thank you.

Let me know if you want any help with getting occupation features working

nice mission, I only get a error message about a nato sign ? that isn't there. also I would have taken the green teams inserting by chopper out, they do not seem to add to much to the MP experience. apart from that a realy fun mission with lots of action.
Edit the mission.sqm and change "SignCP_NATO_F" to "Sign_F"

Thx for the update MassAsster ;)

Updated version v4

includes the latest version of occupation as well as invade and annex

includes fixes for vas

includes various improvements.

Hey MassAsster, I like your idea of this mission and we really enjoy it but please fix your mission with the latest occupation version (0.12).

Your mission is unplayable at the moment because of increasing desyncs.

updated to V5

This uses the latest release From BangaBob of Occupation .

Bangabob: I found the thing that's causing all the lag! It was the bleddy bis_fnc_MP function.

So thats OUT!

Released v0.12

- EOS v1.5

- New parameter option

- EOS v1.5 has some interesting features which i am looking to implement to this mission as side missions.

So everyone give it a shot. I've tested it on my dedicated server and i had 0 de-sync. Let me know how it plays on your servers!

Edited by MassAsster

I've checked on our server, as well as a couple of other public servers, it appears with patch that Bangabob completed did in fact clear the lag issues - the mission seems to be running flawless

Release v6

fixes error only spawning a single transport chopper rather than a randomly picked chopper each time.

Enemy air cover is now fixed and working, take cover boys, it's about to get nasty in here!

Just as a heads up, I&A 3 will be releasing quite soon and will include elements of this sort of gameplay. We're currently advertising for Alpha Testers on our site if anybody's interested.

Just as a heads up, I&A 3 will be releasing quite soon and will include elements of this sort of gameplay. We're currently advertising for Alpha Testers on our site if anybody's interested.

And it seems, you are advertising on other players/missions threads as well...

Can you please send me the right/correct link to Download the V6?

(both your and armaholic = wrong ones; points to v4 and v5...)

I use your mission on my own server, translated to portuguese, with some minor bugfixes/addons ok? If you dont mind. I kept all the (original) credits you used on your mission, so...

;-)

Thank you, MassAsster ;-)

Well that's embarrassing, I put up version 6 but failed to fix the link to the actual version 6 file...

Link is fixed- I will e-mail Big at Armaholic to get that mirror update.

Really sorry about that...