Sign in to follow this  
tpw

TPW FALL: realistic infantry falling system

Wow I really like the idea behind this mod!

Ideas for improvements though: Would it be possible for you to integrate different fall overs? Maybe the animation for leaning back and shooting that we had in the alpha is still accessable?

Also - in the alpha you could be hit by a car and lay on the ground unconsciousness - that animation would fit even better to your system.

It would also be nice to have the soldier lie on the ground gasping for air on their back. In Arma 2 ACE had this kind of animation for severely hit soldiers. They layd on the back like a bug and cryed;)

Anyways: I am not asking you to develop any new animation since I know how incredible hard it is to build a satisfying animation.

But maybe there are some usefull animations that you could utilize for your mod=)

Great job!

Greetz

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. There are only a couple of mocapped fallover animations I can use depending on each weapon. The alpha car hit thing was some kind of ragdoll effect that I don't know how to access, it was reported by several people.

I have found a far better "lying on back writhing in pain" animation than the shit "lie on front doing nothing" animation currently being used. Plus I can make the units roll from back to front and back again to simulate further writhing. I will release a test of this shortly.

If you want to spend time in the anim browser and suggest anims to use, I'm all ears!

I have found a far better "lying on back writhing in pain" animation than the shit "lie on front doing nothing" animation currently being used.

awwwww yiss!

Tried it out.

What I like: falling on their back and holding their stomach somehow fits.

What I dislike: When they turn themselves on their stomach and retake their weapon. It doesnt fit and looks unimmersive=/

If he could just stand up back again it would look better.

Also: The animation where he lays on his back sadly is not the best Ive seen. It loops a bit too fast and feels a bit too unrealistic. Of course thats not your fault since you just took it;) Ijust wanted to mention it.

I am not sure but I think I found the way they felt towards their side when hit a bit better. At least it looked more fluently (if you just not happened to hit a whole bunch at once because they all fell over in the ecaxt same way;) )

Anyways: It goes into the right direction!

Also that civilianz fall onto their stomach looks better. BUT sadly the animation (from BIS) is not the finest^^

Greetings!

I tried it for a bit today, and what I think I'm not liking quite as much, is the fact that (as far as I can tell so far), the AI aren't falling on their sides and then continuing to return fire at me, just like I do to them. I was enjoying that aspect, it was (is?) cool to sit and wonder for a second, 'Ok, he fell, but is he really dead yet? Is it safe to stand up yet?'.

I'm still trying to figure out if that part is gone of just not seeing it as much.

Edited by R.Flagg

It has a distance threshold. They only fall after a hit in a certain radius around you.

At least thats how I understood it.

Greetz

Hi guys. Units will sometimes do the mocapped animated side fall, sometimes the ragdoll. Should be about 50/50. I know when I'm testing the mocap, they always seem to ragdoll, and when I want to see them ragdoll they always mocap...

Basically the mocapped side fall represents being knocked over by the bullet, the ragdoll represents taking a much bigger hit and injury and being incapacitated.

If the ragdoll is not you your taste, then it can be configured off.

@Nordkindchen the entire premise of taking a big hit and lying on the ground for a few seconds then getting up to fight some more is unrealistic, but better than standing there twitching absorbing bullets til dropping down dead. So I'm not going to quibble with you over the most realistic way to stand back up again. I actually set them to stay down for 10+ minutes.

Lastly, the fall system only works for units within a set distance (default 200m) of the player. If you plan on doing a lot of sniping and want to see distant targets fall a bit more realistically, then you can set the value to say 500m.

Mate I am fine with plp laying down on the ground for several minutes;) Its just that the animation is not the best.

Greetz

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

man, i am digging having this classic back. so appreciated.

if it helps i have found a error

Error in expression <

_inc = 0.10; 

if (_currentaccuracy < _originalaccuracy) then 
{

_newaccuracy>
 Error position: <_originalaccuracy) then 
{

_newaccuracy>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _originalaccuracy
File C:\Users\fam\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\2legs\missions\aaaaa.Stratis\tpwcas\tpwcas_incskill.sqf, line 23
Error in expression <;	
};

Mate I am fine with plp laying down on the ground for several minutes;) Its just that the animation is not the best.

Greetz

I have to second that. The current version has a few glitches when switching between ragdolls and pain animations, which actually reduce immersion.

Tpw, I would like to ask for a little bit of stream lining and polishing. ;)

Is it possible to have this fantastic mod and possibly your other mods on play withsix? It will make keeping up with frequent updates easier.

man, i am digging having this classic back. so appreciated.

if it helps i have found a error

Error in expression <

_inc = 0.10; 

if (_currentaccuracy < _originalaccuracy) then 
{

_newaccuracy>
 Error position: <_originalaccuracy) then 
{

_newaccuracy>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _originalaccuracy
File C:\Users\fam\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\2legs\missions\aaaaa.Stratis\tpwcas\tpwcas_incskill.sqf, line 23
Error in expression <;	
};

I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with TPW_FALL.. as the file name you posted that has the problem starts with tpwcas, that is from @TPWCAS...... not @TPW_FALL... your in the wrong thread homie!!

I have to second that. The current version has a few glitches when switching between ragdolls and pain animations, which actually reduce immersion.

Tpw, I would like to ask for a little bit of stream lining and polishing. ;)

If you can tell me exactly what the glitches are, I'll do my best. Just telling me that there are glitches doesn't help me, because I already know and state in the readme that there are unavoidable issues with transitioning between ragdoll and animated states.

If you can tell me exactly what the glitches are, I'll do my best. Just telling me that there are glitches doesn't help me, because I already know and state in the readme that there are unavoidable issues with transitioning between ragdoll and animated states.

I think it is those transitions. E.g. when a soldier gets knocked to the ground with the ragdoll effect he is then sometimes flipped on his belly directly. Also sometimes it seems like the soldiers are warping a meter or two when hit and transitioning to the ragdoll.

I know of the difficulties you had to make use of the ragdolls, and my complaints are just nitpicking on a very high level. But maybe you can find a way to further improve the mod? This would really be awesome!

hi, i have a bug with the po7 pistol(something like that, the vanilla one) with suppressor, when i play solo, i can't kill the AI enemy without 2 magazines or more. And sometimes with 15 bullets (po7pistol silenced again)in his body,after the animations, the IA gets up and shoot me again like i didn't shoot him. With others weapons , it's 5 shots for killing, without the mod it's 3 max, that's normal? i don't think so.

Sorry for my good english!

I think it is those transitions. E.g. when a soldier gets knocked to the ground with the ragdoll effect he is then sometimes flipped on his belly directly. Also sometimes it seems like the soldiers are warping a meter or two when hit and transitioning to the ragdoll.

I know of the difficulties you had to make use of the ragdolls, and my complaints are just nitpicking on a very high level. But maybe you can find a way to further improve the mod? This would really be awesome!

Thanks oldy41. I have indeed seen both those things happen, but only intermittently, so they are hard to debug. But debug I will!

---------- Post added at 06:59 ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 ----------

hi, i have a bug with the po7 pistol(something like that, the vanilla one) with suppressor, when i play solo, i can't kill the AI enemy without 2 magazines or more. And sometimes with 15 bullets (po7pistol silenced again)in his body,after the animations, the IA gets up and shoot me again like i didn't shoot him. With others weapons , it's 5 shots for killing, without the mod it's 3 max, that's normal? i don't think so.

Sorry for my good english!

TPW FALL has no effect on bullet damage, only reaction to bullets. If you need 15 shots to kill a guy with your silenced pistol using TPW FALL, I'm pretty sure you'd need 15 to kill him without the mod too. With TPW FALL he'll just spend more time on the ground. I will test with a silenced pistol to confirm.

TPW FALL has no effect on bullet damage, only reaction to bullets

yeah, this is what i say...

If you need 15 shots to kill a guy with your silenced pistol using TPW FALL, I'm pretty sure you'd need 15 to kill him without the mod too

Thank's for my skills, i'm sorry, it's happened just one time.

I will test with a silenced pistol to confirm

For confirm my skills ? ;-)

Thank you for testing.

Hi, first off I would like to thank you for the great mod, its very immersive and have become a must have mode for me. I would like to ask if somebody recently ran into this problem : sometimes when unit get repeatedly shot and falls to the ground,it ll stand up but with AI disabled, it just stands there, doesnt turn, doesnt respond to orders and doesnt shoot. Among other things I run the game with ASR AI (that should be only mod that could possibly conflict, cause other than that i have couple of units, texture and weapon mods. I will try to play-test it some more when I have time and will report back.

Hi, first off I would like to thank you for the great mod, its very immersive and have become a must have mode for me. I would like to ask if somebody recently ran into this problem : sometimes when unit get repeatedly shot and falls to the ground,it ll stand up but with AI disabled, it just stands there, doesnt turn, doesnt respond to orders and doesnt shoot. Among other things I run the game with ASR AI (that should be only mod that could possibly conflict, cause other than that i have couple of units, texture and weapon mods. I will try to play-test it some more when I have time and will report back.

Please try redownloading it. It's a stupid bug where I forgot to enableai "move" after a ragdoll fall. I need to sack my QC staff.

Please try redownloading it. It's a stupid bug where I forgot to enableai "move" after a ragdoll fall. I need to sack my QC staff.

Will do. Thanks for fast reply

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi,

When hit by AI gunfire in singleplayer I get knocked to the ground -works fine, but I thought some versions back you made it so the player (me) stays on the deck. Lately I noticed I automatically go back to kneeling or standing position and then as a result get hit and die while recovering my position. Prefered it before -when hit you stay prone.

Just my opinion.

Thanks.