Sign in to follow this  
tpw

TPW FALL: realistic infantry falling system

I'm actually not sure if this is because I have an older build of TPW Fall, but when I do slightly hard landings in a chopper, the animation of falling plays...despite being in a chopper. Is this of an old build, or an issue yet to be addressed?

It's definitely worth upgrading to 1.08 because that version checks for the affected unit being on foot before animations will play.

It's definitely worth upgrading to 1.08 because that version checks for the affected unit being on foot before animations will play.

Got it, thanks. I haven't been too up to date with ArmA III mods, so I apologize if my error has long been addressed. :P

EDIT: It was indeed an older version. It works fine now. :3

Edited by Foffy

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Thanks as usual Foxhound!

very cool.

one thing i notice is that i have 2 ai who, when near the blade of a wrecked heli (setdamage 1;} they keep falling over when walking near it - theyre probably hitting into it gently or something. then they getup and they hit the blade and fall over again. over and over again. i try setting stance to prone but they get all the way up anyway.

maybe this helps?

Edited by twisted

very cool.

one thing i notice is that i have 2 ai who, when near the blade of a wrecked heli (setdamage 1;} they keep falling over when walking near it - theyre probably hitting into it gently or something. then they getup and they hit the blade and fall over again. over and over again. i try setting stance to prone but they get all the way up anyway.

maybe this helps?

Thanks for this. The only thing that should make AI fall to ground is either a) fall more than 2, or b) get hit by something so that their "hit" eventhandler is triggered. Maybe the heli wreck is triggering the hit. I will look at it now.

Thanks for this is a fantastic mod, tpw, the flinching from injuries adds so much to firefights.

I was playing coop with 1.08 tonight, my mate hosting with me as a client. I noticed that often (possibly every time) I shot an enemy, I would see a second unit spawn from them for about a second (I assume this is the dummy for ragdoll purposes). The enemy were the SFP militia in one mission and PG PMCs in another. I assume it is some kind of locality issue. The BIKI page on hideObject talks about how to implement it in MP, maybe that can help.

Looking forward to future releases.

Thanks for this is a fantastic mod, tpw, the flinching from injuries adds so much to firefights.

I was playing coop with 1.08 tonight, my mate hosting with me as a client. I noticed that often (possibly every time) I shot an enemy, I would see a second unit spawn from them for about a second (I assume this is the dummy for ragdoll purposes). The enemy were the SFP militia in one mission and PG PMCs in another. I assume it is some kind of locality issue. The BIKI page on hideObject talks about how to implement it in MP, maybe that can help.

Looking forward to future releases.

Thanks mate. Unfortunately for you, I neither play MP nor have any interest in it. Which means that while I can try to implement MP compatibility, I can't test test it. The MP comments on the BIKI page are spectacularly confusing and uninformative, so I am no further along than I was before your comment :).

Fair enough, we'll try the no-ragdoll version next time and see how it goes. I hope BIS implements ragdolls for living units though.

TPW FALL 1.10 test 1: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_FALL_110.zip

Changes:

• Ragdolling should be MP compliant (hit unit should disappear and be replaced by ragdoll).
  • Ragdolls initially assume stance of hit unit (ie crouching unit will be replaced by crouching ragdoll).

@Drongo69, can you please test this out in MP for me? I've replaced hideobject with a BIS_fnc_MP call, which works well in SP. As per my previous post, I don't play MP so can't vouch for it there.

A small proposal if you please:

The player unit should not be forced to rise automatically after it has been knocked down by a bullet or explosion. Several times a bullet sent me down behind cover but my avatar stood up automatically again only to get killed immediately.

A small proposal if you please:

The player unit should not be forced to rise automatically after it has been knocked down by a bullet or explosion. Several times a bullet sent me down behind cover but my avatar stood up automatically again only to get killed immediately.

I was just about to post exactly this request. Player state should remain prone after hitting the deck.

Great addon btw.

I was just about to post exactly this request. Player state should remain prone after hitting the deck.

Great addon btw.

Thirded! This would be great if could be implemented for the player. I've been returning fire from my "knocked on my arse" posture and then stood up again.

Can't say enough how much I love this mod for the injured effects - I watched the video from pcgames.de and kept thinking "why is the infantry twitching?"

Thirded! This would be great if could be implemented for the player. I've been returning fire from my "knocked on my arse" posture and then stood up again.

Can't say enough how much I love this mod for the injured effects - I watched the video from pcgames.de and kept thinking "why is the infantry twitching?"

Fourthed. I love this mod; I think it's probably my favourite so far for A3 and it's saved my virtual life many a time by knocking me down behind cover. Being able to control when I get back up would be a great addition.

No worries everyone, I'll get straight onto it!

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 ----------

TPW FALL 1.10 test 2: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_FALL_110.zip

Changes:

• Player will remain prone after being hit

Please test this one out and make sure I haven't bolloxed up the player-only falling code.

Wow, that was ... fast!

tpw, many thanks! Will give it a try now.

Edited by oldy41
Seems to work great!

Thanks tpw, that works perfect. Much appreciated. Still getting the grit out of my teeth !

Changes:

• Player will remain prone after being hit

Thank you sir. Seems to be working as advertised.

I would suggest taking it a step further, and having the same logic for all cases that this mod touches (not just when knocked to prone by bullet or explosion). For consistency purposes, and because it seems better to me if I'm always in control of my own guy. So if I jump/fall from too high and I end up falling down or kneeling, I should be required to stand up of my own accord.

TPW FALL v1.10 test 3: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/481663/TPW_FALL_110.zip

Changes:

• Player will remain prone after a larger fall

@R.Flagg I'll meet you half way, the player will remain prone form a large fall, but will not remain kneeling after a small fall. Please test this version out.

Thanks again tpw.

So far I haven't seen any unexpected issues, but to be honest that's based on fairly limited testing so far.

I'll keep right on enjoying your work, and let you know if I see anything.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Wow I really like the idea behind this mod!

Ideas for improvements though: Would it be possible for you to integrate different fall overs? Maybe the animation for leaning back and shooting that we had in the alpha is still accessable?

Also - in the alpha you could be hit by a car and lay on the ground unconsciousness - that animation would fit even better to your system.

It would also be nice to have the soldier lie on the ground gasping for air on their back. In Arma 2 ACE had this kind of animation for severely hit soldiers. They layd on the back like a bug and cryed;)

Anyways: I am not asking you to develop any new animation since I know how incredible hard it is to build a satisfying animation.

But maybe there are some usefull animations that you could utilize for your mod=)

Great job!

Greetz