Sign in to follow this  
dram

Take On Mars Pre-Order now available

I just preordered and was wondering about the badge as well.

I just preordered and was wondering about the badge as well.

Hi, apparently the badges get updated every hour or so, so you should have it shown shortly.

Just got it, Thanks for reply

I just pre-ordered the game on the Bohemia store, and I can't wait to start playing next month.

I've always very much been a space and exploration enthusiast, and Take On Mars really seems like an awesome opportunity to have some good and scientific times on the red planet indeed. T'is really excellent that games like these are still being made - I can imagine the genre appealing only to a rather limited audience, and because of that I would like to thank Bohemia Interactive for working on this very project. It just seems like a dream come true for space nuts such as myself. :)

It really is brilliant to see something like this. BIS tend to be pretty good at ignoring the mainstream, and doing a great game, based on what they want.

Hi Dram, I wanted to ask about the availability on steam. In the bistudio store is states "Take On Mars - PREORDER - Steam version" but when I log in to steam, I see the trailers but it does not have the option to buy/pre-order yet. It simply states that the release date is July 2013. Is there any word on when it will actually be available for purchase through steam or?

Thanks, it looks really nice btw! I was privileged to travel to MSFC last October as part the NCAS program. We had an opportunity as teams of 10 to build a company and RC rovers out of basically "big-kid" legos in an attempt to win a "contract" w/ NASA. It was pretty awesome.

I just pre-ordered the game on the Bohemia store, and I can't wait to start playing next month.

I've always very much been a space and exploration enthusiast, and Take On Mars really seems like an awesome opportunity to have some good and scientific times on the red planet indeed. T'is really excellent that games like these are still being made - I can imagine the genre appealing only to a rather limited audience, and because of that I would like to thank Bohemia Interactive for working on this very project. It just seems like a dream come true for space nuts such as myself. :)

It really is brilliant to see something like this. BIS tend to be pretty good at ignoring the mainstream, and doing a great game, based on what they want.

Thank you guys, and you are very welcome. Our games have always been and will always be a work of passion. We love what we do and thus try to deliver the best result possible.

Hi Dram, I wanted to ask about the availability on steam. In the bistudio store is states "Take On Mars - PREORDER - Steam version" but when I log in to steam, I see the trailers but it does not have the option to buy/pre-order yet. It simply states that the release date is July 2013. Is there any word on when it will actually be available for purchase through steam or?

Hello Costar, the pre-order on our store give you the steam version, hence the name. As for preorders on steam, as we have changed to Early Access, preorders are not possible, and instead the game will be available directly on the 1st of August. Otherwise through our store the preorders are still available, if there is interest. Once the game becomes available on the 1st of august, you will get the steam early access version.

Thanks, it looks really nice btw! I was privileged to travel to MSFC last October as part the NCAS program. We had an opportunity as teams of 10 to build a company and RC rovers out of basically "big-kid" legos in an attempt to win a "contract" w/ NASA. It was pretty awesome.

You are very lucky to get such a great opportunity. I really like and appreciate what NASA is doing not only for mankind in general in terms of exploration and innovation, but also what they do for the community following.

Thanks Dram. So if I understand correctly, I can pre-order from your site and then I'll receive an early-access version on Aug 1 for steam. Otherwise I can wait until Aug 1 and buy it on steam. Is there any difference in this "early-access" version versus the "day-of-release" (Aug 1) version?

And yes I was quite fortunate to be accepted into the summer portion of the program to do the online work and then for the all-expense-paid trip - which was not a vacation. There were initially some 5000+ applicants from across the U.S. for this program. It was a great blessing as I'd always wanted to either work for/with NASA or at least visit one of their facilities since I was a kid. Sadly I don't live in a state where NASA has a significant presence. And you are right, there are so many things that NASA does outside of "just space 'stuff'."

its the same thing, just by buying directly from bis store u give em more $$$

Thanks Dram. So if I understand correctly, I can pre-order from your site and then I'll receive an early-access version on Aug 1 for steam. Otherwise I can wait until Aug 1 and buy it on steam. Is there any difference in this "early-access" version versus the "day-of-release" (Aug 1) version?

At this point you may essentially "pre-order" the early access version from our site, which will then give you access to the early access version on steam. The advantage of pre-ordering from us is that you get a neat shiny badge for supporting us directly, other then that the versions are exactly the same and in both cases you get the game on Aug 1st.

And yes I was quite fortunate to be accepted into the summer portion of the program to do the online work and then for the all-expense-paid trip - which was not a vacation. There were initially some 5000+ applicants from across the U.S. for this program. It was a great blessing as I'd always wanted to either work for/with NASA or at least visit one of their facilities since I was a kid. Sadly I don't live in a state where NASA has a significant presence. And you are right, there are so many things that NASA does outside of "just space 'stuff'."

Very fortunate indeed, it must have been an honor to get the opportunity to participate in such a program.

Thanks for the info! I have just placed my order ;D

Yea, this is a mock-up of the non-functional rover I designed. http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/Noshow_01/Pub/rovmok01.jpg

That was basically the last task in the summer portion. We had to do a line-drawing of a rover we design. I decided to take it a step a further and build a mock-up of mine. I probably spent $20 in materials - pvc pipe/fittings, the rest I took of things from around the house, the *solar panel* is an old furnace filter, the chassis a variety snack box painted white, wheels of course dvd spindle cases. The *camera* is part of an old non-functioning speaker/amp that I hacked up. My scoop is part of a drop-light, of course a clamp, drill and *laser*. There other details but overall, I enjoyed doing this most, during the summer. I just liked brainstorming over ways to put my hands to work and bring my 2D design into 3D. I decided to do this near last-minute so I only had 3 days to come up w/ something. They said they were impressed w/ my creativity. Its nearly 3' in all dimensions. Anyway, I had fun doing it.

Nice rover, all it needs is a landing system, launch system and viola! Jokes aside, for a mock-up it is quite nice, it's useful to get a feel for the size of the proposed final product.

I have one question regarding the release on the 1st of August! Is there going to be a pre-load phase so that not everyone has to download it at the same time?

Oh my god. Thanks BI for all. First the Arma Series, than Take On Helicopters and now the Mars. I pre-ordered it. One question, the key comes with an Email to my Email Account or do you send it to the Shop Account?

Ah one more question. I have no big problems with the english language but later will the game be in german?

Thanks BI and have a nice day

Edit:Where did i get the badge? OK, i read it...updatet every hour

Edited by Lunge

Oh my god. Thanks BI for all. First the Arma Series, than Take On Helicopters and now the Mars. I pre-ordered it. One question, the key comes with an Email to my Email Account or do you send it to the Shop Account?

You'll receive an email that says that the game is released and you'll be able to pick your key from bistore.

Thanks a lot...no wating for August the first.

I have one question regarding the release on the 1st of August! Is there going to be a pre-load phase so that not everyone has to download it at the same time?

The game approximately 2gb or so of data when fully packed, so downloading it should not be much of an issue. Thus, we have no plans of having a pre-load phase, especially considering it will be early access.

what a funny story, i got yesterday rare card on steam and sold it on market for almost the same amount of cash i will pay for Take On Mars, the funny is that it was Mars card :D (from lunar flight)- it's a destiny

what a funny story, i got yesterday rare card on steam and sold it on market for almost the same amount of cash i will pay for Take On Mars, the funny is that it was Mars card :D (from lunar flight)- it's a destiny

Now that is a coincidence :)

The game approximately 2gb or so of data when fully packed, so downloading it should not be much of an issue. Thus, we have no plans of having a pre-load phase, especially considering it will be early access.

That means I get to play by maybe, the second or third of August :(

My connection sucks hard.

Bahh I had to make a new account just after the forum downtime a week ago to buy it on preorder, can i get my badge moved to this account as i will never use my other profile please except for buying games. ?

We see the stars on the shadow side ?

Yes, and they correspond to reality.

Sign in to follow this