Sign in to follow this  
dram

Take On Mars Pre-Order now available

Nice... would it be possible to link TOM into ARMA 3 via the All in Arma mod from kju? If so, I think it may be on my must buy list.

Nice... would it be possible to link TOM into ARMA 3 via the All in Arma mod from kju? If so, I think it may be on my must buy list.

Unfortunately not, please be aware that TOM uses the Enforce engine (the engine we developed for Carrier Command Gaea Mission), so they are not directly compatible.

Unfortunately not, please be aware that TOM uses the Enforce engine (the engine we developed for Carrier Command Gaea Mission), so they are not directly compatible.

What about the map? Clearly full integration isn't possible cross engines. But will the map be created using similar PBO's that could be ported to arma/take on helicopters? Even if we can't use the same engine capabilities as TOM. Staging some battles on the surface of mars would be interesting.

It's a buy for me regardless. I wasn't expecting the pre-purchase to be available so soon and so cheap.

any news when can we get it directly from steam? money on steam wallet force me to buy it there

For those that got a 25€ coupon with their Arma 3 Supporters Edition, don't forget to use it.

Got Take On Mars and 3 other games for free. Thanks BIS :D .

What about the map? Clearly full integration isn't possible cross engines. But will the map be created using similar PBO's that could be ported to arma/take on helicopters? Even if we can't use the same engine capabilities as TOM. Staging some battles on the surface of mars would be interesting.

You could easily port over the satellite data, that is the supertexture and the height data, by exporting it from workbench. However, the detail texture distribution and object distribution is another matter. You could write a script to export it from the location (.ent) file in TOM to a 3DE file in ArmA, but again, that would have to be written. Would not be too complex though.

It's a buy for me regardless. I wasn't expecting the pre-purchase to be available so soon and so cheap.

I'm glad to hear it, and surely hope it meets your expectations :)

any news when can we get it directly from steam? money on steam wallet force me to buy it there

The pre-orders will appear on steam about a week prior to release, so about the last week of this month. The game itself will be released at the end of this month.

Just want to point out that the store page has 1 little typo. It is missing a space between 2 words.

I love science so I might buy it eventually, though I wonder about the realism part of this game. The real Rover drives around by input from earth. Every day the ground team at NASA sends new code to the rover to make it move and perform tasks, in this game it seems you can move around the rover in real time? Not really clear from seeing the trailer. Looking at the release price, I should not expect to much from the realism/science factor I guess.

Just want to point out that the store page has 1 little typo. It is missing a space between 2 words.

I love science so I might buy it eventually, though I wonder about the realism part of this game. The real Rover drives around by input from earth. Every day the ground team at NASA sends new code to the rover to make it move and perform tasks, in this game it seems you can move around the rover in real time? Not really clear from seeing the trailer. Looking at the release price, I should not expect to much from the realism/science factor I guess.

Yes you control the rover in real time. This was a decision that was made to not make it ridiculously time-consuming, however, should time be found, it may be added as a free addon, where the whole ssimulation of the OWLT delay would be in place. Also, just a not, the rover is given instruction from Earth, however it does drive autonomously, that is, it avoids obstacles, dangerous situations, stops if there is excessive slippage, stops if it finds itself tilted over 30 degrees etc. So doing this would take some time to implement.

As for the science factor, all analysis results and so on are based on real results from Mars.

Preordered. One strange thing though, price went from 9.99 to 10.02 € after i add it to my cart...Obviously not a big deal though :)

EDIT : hey that's a cool badge.

Edited by ProfTournesol
big not bid

For those that got a 25€ coupon with their Arma 3 Supporters Edition, don't forget to use it.

Got Take On Mars and 3 other games for free. Thanks BIS :D .

Can you like, using the coupon for Take On Mars and keep the last 15€ for later (I'd like to use it for dayz)?

Edited by Papanowel

Aww, forgot to use my coupon. Oh well. :) Loving the badge, a nice surprise to wake up to!

Can you like, using the coupon for Take On Mars and keep the last 15€ for later (I'd like to use it for dayz)?

From what I saw, no. Coupon is one time use, unused amount is lost.

From what I saw, no. Coupon is one time use, unused amount is lost.

Ok, thank you for the answer.

Pre-ordered a few days ago now. Can't wait. Look's really good so thank you for the effort :)

that badge for steam directly steam preorder would make me happy

I can't wait until I can play my first mission in this game :)

Preordered! Can't wait for it to be released, and I love that price. :D

edit: where's my badge?! D:

Can't wait to play. I always wanted to land Viking 1 on Mars :yay:

Pre-ordered.

Btw, what are those coupon things? I bought A3SE on Mar. 05th but received no coupon yet...

Edited by YellO

Pre-ordered.

Btw, what are those coupon things? I bought A3SE on Mar. 05th but received no coupon yet...

If you were eligible for the coupon (which for the 5th of March I think you are), in your 2nd and last email reminder for your name in the credits there would also be a coupon.

If you were eligible for the coupon (which for the 5th of March I think you are), in your 2nd and last email reminder for your name in the credits there would also be a coupon.

Hmm, I got only one e-mail for "Name in Game Credits" which did not include coupon.:confused:

Maybe I should ask for support desk.

Thanks for reply and sorry for off-topic.

Sign in to follow this