Sign in to follow this  
TymC

Sci-Fi based tactical shooter, now looking for writers

Update: We are no longer looking for writers, we now need artists!

Event Gaming is looking for concept art.

We are a start-up mod team who are working to create a mod for ARMA 3. We are in need of artists willing to help us conceptualize various models and ideas for the game, including Player Characters, Weapons, Weapon accessories, food and drink items, buildings, vehicles, and atmospheric items.

The concept art for the models will be featured in YouTube videos, on our website, and potentially in game on loading screens, billboards, signs, and flags.

In addition to concept art we are also looking for Team Logos, Banners, and Icons.

The ideal person is someone wanting to join our team, though we will gladly accept the work of any artist just wanting to gain experience and have their work be seen by a large audience.

We looking forward to working with you!

Event Gaming

==========================================================================================================================================

==========================================================================================================================================

Previous OP [Disregard]

First off, I think this is the correct section, if it's not, then I apologise. I have looked around but, well I came to this conclusion. Any problems just message me and I will take it down.

So I am part of a small team of guys who are creating a mod for ArmA 3, we don't want to divulge too many details (apart from that it is a Sci-Fi based tactical shooter, you may know one of our modelers, Kiory, from Twitch) until we are further along in development.

Currently, we need a writer to help us conceptualise certain gameplay aspects, preferably someone with a background in physics, or a strong knowledge of such. After helping out with that, we would need help with fleshing out the lore, faction history and make it sound convincing.

If there are any of you out there that would be interested in this role, then please do not hesitate to ask, we would ask that you prepare a porfolio of your work before getting in contact with us, that will help things transition smoothly.

Finally, thanks for taking the time to read this thread and I hope to hear from you soon!

Edited by TymC

Wow, already having Kiory onboard sounds like a winner! Will be interested in hearing how this progresses!

Kiory has already made some great work for the mod. With the other two modellers, you can expect something really spectacular.

This a really great project to be working on and we are all very excited to have a new writer on the team soon.

Currently, we need a writer to help us conceptualise certain gameplay aspects, preferably someone with a background in physics, or a strong knowledge of such. After helping out with that, we would need help with fleshing out the lore, faction history and make it sound convincing.

that sounds very interesting. please make it dark and gritty and not like that cartoonish stuff in planetside 2 (great game...no offense). i would love to see some kind of semi apocalyptic, corrupted future setting a la bladerunner in the armaverse. just my personal thoughts. i wish you good luck with this. let's hope this doesn't get stuck in the conception phase like lots of threads like that. but as others said. having someone like kiory, who gets things done, on board will probably prevent that.

can't wait for more info.

Looking for artists also. Here's the reddit link for our "artist wanted" http://redd.it/1gqprd It has a few more details.

The stuff in the reddit post is all wip and not meant to be taken as something that will definitely be included in the mod

Edited by Soolie

Huge fan of Sci Fi and I have experience writing for other mod projects for other games, but it's hard to commit without knowing anything at all about the universe I'd be writing for. :P

please make it dark and gritty and not like that cartoonish stuff in planetside 2.

You got it my friend. Dark and gritty is exactly what we are going for.

(I wish we could release some current screenshots - hopefully we can soon)

Huge fan of Sci Fi and I have experience writing for other mod projects for other games, but it's hard to commit without knowing anything at all about the universe I'd be writing for. :P

SciFi really is a huge genre and as we all know our beloved Arma doesn't take away any posibilities either.

So it could be all from StarTrek to Alien or something like Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Also, since you guys are taking a lot of time to flesh out the lore, I guess there will also be a campaign? Maybe some focus on story telling? Or you guys are just doing that to give the equipment believeable background.

Well, I guess those aren't exactely questions you want to answer so early. ;)

Good luck with your project, sounds promising.

SciFi really is a huge genre and as we all know our beloved Arma doesn't take away any posibilities either.

So it could be all from StarTrek to Alien or something like Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Also, since you guys are taking a lot of time to flesh out the lore, I guess there will also be a campaign? Maybe some focus on story telling? Or you guys are just doing that to give the equipment believeable background.

We want the players to have a strong connection to the side they're playing on and understand their characters motivations. Also we feel a rich backstory will be essential in explaining the equipment and dangers of the world. We are all big fans of lore but the delivery of it is still undecided as is the lore itself hence, this post. As of right now the mod is multiplayer only and you will have a persistent character(save system) without a linear task system. Herein lies the challenge. How do you deliver lore in a world where players can go wherever they want whenever they want and have it still be thrilling an exciting? You cant very well place notes or audio logs everywhere and hope they find them in the right order. And we definitely don't want to just force pages to read upon the players when they log in. We believe the answer lies in looking at the long term. Arma players have proven their loyalty good mods and we hope ours stands along the rest. With long term players and a dedicated writer to work with us, we can have the story taking place with you as well as have you dying to know whats happening next or happened in the past. I'm happy to say that the main framework is almost complete, the modelers are doing some really amazing work, and we are all very excited to get this out to you guys and hopefully achieve something truly amazing with it. We look forward to hearing from any and all of you as we finish up, release, and throughout your time playing.

Depends what you guys are going for. Are you going for an alternate universe that doesn't care about radiation and such, or do you want a somewhat scientifically accurate deal? Is it space travel, or just futuristic technologies, far more so than 2035?

On a different note though, I think it'd be interesting if there were a civil war aboard a humongous colony ship, caused by a major error in selection of people to go with two or more widely different groups. Depending on the time, we'd have some very interesting, wholy new technology by then.

Didn't someone have a crazy poster somewhere in the forums predicting how technology would improve over the ages?

We are aiming for something in the not too distant future, nothing too far ahead, We are also trying to stick to realistic future technology, there are no laser beams or teleporting or anything that drastic.

Well, even if as a team we don't make a campaign, it's something I've been interested in doing for a long time, so I may make something in due time, we'll see how it goes.

I was actually considering doing something along the lines of falling skies. BUT Im no where near as talented as you are looking for. And rarely ever release any of my work. I have however pitch in small tidbits here and there with other games in the past.

Hey TymC,

Made an account just to reply!

My name is Brendan and I am a writer who has specialized in narrative of all kinds, especially game narrative in it's many forms (Branching, Visual, etc.) It is my dream to be a working-industry game writer, and I have the passion that keeps me going day in and day out.

I'd am very interested in working with you and the team in making your mod a fleshed out, depth-filled experience. It is hard to go into depth without knowing much about the mod, but I know I can help you out.

I have worked with two previous hobby teams, one as lead writer the other as lead designer, but neither of the teams had the same passion, and as most hobby games, fizzled out, much to my chagrin. Making video games is not easy, and after the honeymoon period, people leave.

I hope that is not the case with you and your team.

ARMA 3 is shaping up to be a great platform for mods, and I would like to help make your mod one of the best.

If you would like to contact me, PM your contact information.

Thanks!

I rike it a rot

Will there be caves ;)

Seriously good luck with this , it gives me great pleasure to see this and the wh40k discussion and Take on mars in last week , the future is bright .

I'm really looking forward to hearing more about this mod. I love a bit of Sci-Fi!

Check out my YouTube stuff, a bit old now but was fun to do :D

I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

BSW

Edited by BusStopWilly

We have finished looking!

I'm pleased to announce that we have taken on two experienced writers to the team who will be a great addition to an already phenomenal group. We're sorry to the others we couldn't get to in time.

Keep an eye out for some more exciting reveals from us at Event Gaming!

Event Gaming is looking for concept art.

We are a start-up mod team who are working to create a mod for ARMA 3. We are in need of artists willing to help us conceptualize various models and ideas for the game, including Player Characters, Weapons, Weapon accessories, food and drink items, buildings, vehicles, and atmospheric items.

The concept art for the models will be featured in youtube videos, on our website, and potentially in game on loading screens, billboards, signs, and flags.

In addition to concept art we are also looking for Team Logos, Banners, and Icons.

The ideal person is someone wanting to join our team, though we will gladly accept the work of any artist just wanting to gain experience and have their work be seen by a large audience.

We looking forward to working with you!

Event Gaming

Edited by Soolie

damn just too late as always

I came offering PigZ in space ?

Iaj-MCxBVmU

Serious note glad you filled the spots looking forward to the Mod :)

I take it your summer is over?

haha no mate had a Female free afternoon :).

will you be streaming toay , i will have a week free at the end of the month if you have anything for me till then only the odd free hour here and there , im spending most my "spare" time learning blender key frames