Sign in to follow this  
Mongoose26

Help: If Item Is Placed/Planted Trigger Condition

I would like to know what the condition for a trigger would have to be to set off the trigger when a Satchel Charge (SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag) is planted. Other threads have handled it with eventhandlers which I honestly would like to avoid.

Info: Arma 3 Beta. Mission using VAS Script

eventHandlers are how you'd handle that event. Trying to not use EH is kinda foolish really. :) Another option would be to constantly be checking nearest objects for a satchel charge, but if you wanna do that for anywhere on the map things might bog down.

this addEventHandler ["fired", {
if (_this select 2 == "DemoChargeMuzzle") then {
	hint "Placed a charge!"
}
}];

Not sure what SatchelCharge is though. :)

I put that code into the conditions in a trigger, and it gave me an error before the 'this' saying "Type Number,Nothing, Expected Bool" Which was common with code I used before I came to the forums... I honestly am stumped and the satchel charge is "SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag" which I changed from "DemoChargeMuzzle". It could be my fault but I still need help!

Thanks!

You don't place it in a trigger but in the units init line

when the unit places the charge it will display the message, no triggers needed.

Thank you F2k Sel for clearing up the confusion! I'll let you know when I get it to work! Also is that all that is need? Or do I need to add a file to the mission. I don't believe so, but I want to get it right this time

It is all you need as long as you have the right ammo type which is "PipeBombMuzzle" for SatchelCharge.

there's an easy way to find out if your not sure

this addEventHandler ["fired", { copyToClipboard str (_this select 2);hint str (_this select 2);   }];

it will both tell you and the ammo type and send it to clipboard so you can paste in the script.

so for satchel charge it would be

if (_this select 2 == "PipeBombMuzzle") then {
	hint "Placed a charge!"
}
}];

It is all you need as long as you have the right ammo type which is "PipeBombMuzzle" for SatchelCharge.

there's an easy way to find out if your not sure

this addEventHandler ["fired", { copyToClipboard str (_this select 2);hint str (_this select 2);   }];

it will both tell you and the ammo type and send it to clipboard so you can paste in the script.

so for satchel charge it would be

if (_this select 2 == "PipeBombMuzzle") then {
	hint "Placed a charge!"
}
}];

I have a similar question.

Basically I have x targets scattered across the map which have to be destroyed but, I don't want to detonate the charges until the end of the mission. (As to not alert the enemy of my presence).

I have the triggers to destroy everything and this works great. However with my method you could technically bypass every object and just go to the end and detonate the targets. So I want to check that a satchel charge has been placed near each target. I'm not familiar with eventhandlers so what has been posted is beyond me.

Thanks!