Sign in to follow this  
comc

AH-9 / MH-9 agility

To me, it seems like the MH-9 and AH-9 versions of the Little Bird roll so slowly that I frequently crash when attempting to turn. Is this something changed in the Beta or could it be my joystick?

part of it might be explained by the speed increase, your not trying to throw around a killer egg doing 120 anymore. more speed more momentum

but I have noticed it has a tendancy to drop out the air with a hard bank while nose up that didn't used to happen, you get it side on and it drops instead of sliding out of the turn.

part of it might be explained by the speed increase, your not trying to throw around a killer egg doing 120 anymore. more speed more momentum

but I have noticed it has a tendancy to drop out the air with a hard bank while nose up that didn't used to happen, you get it side on and it drops instead of sliding out of the turn.

That would be okay but the roll speed is very low even when the A/MH-9 is stationary.

Momentum != utterly slow MH-9.

The Mohawk is much more responsive (about as much as the MH-9 was before, actually) than the current MH-9.

Momentum has nothing to do with it, Bohemia just modified the FM of the bird, and it now turns like a cow, as some would say.

I filed a ticket dealing with helicopter physics in general in Beta, and I mentioned that as well: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9786

Momentum != utterly slow MH-9.

The Mohawk is much more responsive (about as much as the MH-9 was before, actually) than the current MH-9.

Momentum has nothing to do with it, Bohemia just modified the FM of the bird, and it now turns like a cow, as some would say.

I filed a ticket dealing with helicopter physics in general in Beta, and I mentioned that as well: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9786

Good job! I was about to do so but wanted to gauge others' reactions to this change.

Hi.

Is it me or since beta version, AH-9 and MH-9 are less agile?

I really feel like they're much heavier - not like they were in alpha version nor like the AH-6 / MH-6 in previous arma games.

I really don't like it - I find the comanche is much more agile... which is kind of nonsense.

the birds are fragile, but they must be agile...hence it's not the case...

what do you think about it? same feeling as mine?

and if yes, can the dev rework it please?

yes, you are right. i assume that will get tweaked. before the update some time ago they were a bit to agile for my personal taste (i fly with keyboard and use mouse for free-look).

well, now they are a bit to slow.

Flying with joystick, there were awesome before ;). Little birds were VERY agile(used in Vietnam to scout on v. low altitude)

Yes, I think both AH/MH-6 and Blackfoot feel less agile than Ghosthawk and other bigger helicopters. For both helicopters it takes about 4sec. to bank sideways 90° at the max joystick movement, while for Ghosthawk it takes 3sec. although it's a larger unit and both of smaller helicopters are known for their agility.

At the end of Alpha AH-6 felt perfect and it was fun to fly them.