Sign in to follow this  
cleggy

MRAP seeks faction for loving relationship

this is a little project I'm working on while I discover what I can and cannot understand about modelling in Blender - the FREE 3d modelling program.

yes, I know it's ANOTHER MRAP but this one is different - it has no home.:butbut:

tex1.jpg

with Cescollino and Namman covering the American variants I though it would be nice to do something different.

any suggestions?

can YOU find a home for 'Little Orphan Annie'?

Well, if IAP don't want it, VCB will create our very own faction just for you :P

How good are you with Oxygen? I've only recently discovered the "Export..." option in Blender, meaning you can export that as an .OBJ file and import it into Oxygen via the "Import..." command. I'm doing that very thing to a current project and it works pretty well! Then, assuming you're good w/ Oxygen, viola you can edit that sucker to your hearts content :)

looking epic cleggy:D glad you made a proper turret on it:D hehe put some hesco cover on it aswell for shade:P

thanks for the replies gents

Well, if IAP don't want it, VCB will create our very own faction just for you :P

Believe it or not this is actually a development model to try and update the Ridgback - but I sort of went off at a tangent!

How good are you with Oxygen? I've only recently discovered the "Export..." option in Blender, meaning you can export that as an .OBJ file and import it into Oxygen via the "Import..." command. I'm doing that very thing to a current project and it works pretty well! Then, assuming you're good w/ Oxygen, viola you can edit that sucker to your hearts content :)

yes I've used that method myself. Now I'm using Leopotam's P3d plugins. Al Warren has released an all-in-one plugin that I really should try.

I have got a Blender/O2/Arma workflow functional - so to prove this is not just a fancy pants Blender render, here is an early model ingame:

ingame.jpg

I'm absolutely positive IAP can find a home for it!

But I dont see why it needs to be an exclusive deal :) We can have an Open Relationship. You can still see other factions....

I'm absolutely positive IAP can find a home for it!

But I dont see why it needs to be an exclusive deal :) We can have an Open Relationship. You can still see other factions....

I see what you did there, Rock. Now I'm feeling dirty....:)

Still, it's the first positive bid for what is, after all, a 'throw away' model.

God Speed Oh Black Emperor!

I wouldn't mind a copy. Can definitely use it for something I'm working on. Also wouldn't mind it if only as a source to learn from.

Great looking model by the way.

Maybe hit Wld427 up and see if the RACS could put it to use?

Nogova would be interested in acquiring a MRAP :)

You could texture it in the desert you have now, and NATO 3-colour woodland to give it a "neutral" multi -country look. As well as hidden selections for those who need something different :D

You could texture it in the desert you have now, and NATO 3-colour woodland to give it a "neutral" multi -country look. As well as hidden selections for those who need something different :D

This.

Good idea, then it can be abit like the town bike of wheeled PC's ;)

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

These will (of course) be taken under advisement, put before a Quango, deliberated on for three years and then sent to the decision makers in Brussels.

In the meantime I shall grind on with the modelling (as you do) and hopefully post a few screenshots of something worth your consideration.

cheers

I want to get on the bandwagon Cougar I'm tired ..Arma 2 now lacks only Cougar and sensor IEDs ,, Im from Iraq please

Hi Bhaa

Nice to have someone from Iraq on the forum:)

I am happy that you see my model is a Cougar

I am still working hard on my model and I think Cescollino and Namman are working hard too!

It takes a long time to get a model looking good so you have to wait until we think they are ready -

and I am tired too!

If anyone is still interested in dear old arma2

and until the 'boffins' explain configs for Arma3

and until I get a decent PC

and until I'm born again as a younger man

here are some pics of my 'cat1' MRAP lolling about in Takistan ....:)

cat2.jpg

cat3.jpg

Most excellent work cleggy!

Anyone still interested in Arma2........A2 StRoNg!111111!!!111111!!

Are you giving the vehicle to anyone for mods? Only one mod or only chosen mods?

Are you giving the vehicle to anyone for mods? Only one mod or only chosen mods?

Tbh, I don't know what I'm going to do with it - probably just release it as a standalone addon.

I'm just trying to get it somewhere near done.

In the meantime my PC has stopped working - I think I've blown yet another graphics card.

nice work!!

I love MRAPs

looking forward for a release :)

thx for still creating stuff for ArmA II!!