Sign in to follow this  
Evilhardt

Iranians become white when player controlled

Because you have a profile.

And in that profile,you probably selected a white face.

Ah yes, that should be changed so your profile is context sensitive to what faction you are playing. So that you would have to pick three faces. one for each faction.

I have an Iranian friend. He is white. I don't understand why people think Iranians are all dark skinned.

I guess its the same thing when people think all Mexicans have dark skin, when the reality is the Mexicans with stronger bloodlines leading back to the indian ancestors tend to be darker skinned and those with stronger ties to Spaniard bloodlines tend to be lighter skinned.

Edited by RTEK

Why cant we choose Iranian faces?No i'm not Iranian.:rolleyes:

Racially Persians are Caucasoid, just like Arabs, Turks and and guess what... Europeans. Moreover they don't look different from Mediterranean people and are barely discernible from Greeks. What grieves me is that BIS chose to portray Iranian people like you would African Pakistanis...

Edited by dunedain

yea blah-blah. The average Iranian certainly doesn't look like the American dude on the screenshot. Period.

If it's such an issue for you you should create a ticket on the ArmaIII beta tracker.

It certainly is a low priority thing. But I find it to be an annoyance, especially because the fix would be very simple I assume. The models already ave a written in faction membership. So checking which character head to chose should not be complicated. We just need the second head choice for our profiles.

Edited by Evilhardt

If it's such an issue for you you should create a ticket on the ArmaIII beta tracker.

No... It's not an issue... It's intentional...

If you really want Persian faces you need to edit your profile manually.

What exactly makes you know it's intentional. And how exactly would that make any sense?

So in theory in MP all Iranians can suddenly be blue eyed gingers? Doesn't sound good :D

Being able to choose your personal head/face is a intentional and great feature. If you want to have a different face depending on e.g. the faction, set it so in the player profile or try the setFace command.

doesn't really matter once you're all geared up. A waste of time for the devs to worry about in my opinion.

The profile face exists to give you the face you wish for ingame (i.e. can be your *actual* face if you wish). Therefore the game is doing what you asked it to do: display your chosen face. So you must choose a different face if you wish for a different face :)

especially because the fix would be very simple I assume.

lol

you know what they say about assumption...

It is strange that you can't select the iranian faces in the profile though.

Please explain to me, why OPFOR bots get BLUFOR bodies and faces when controlled by a player...

http://i.imgur.com/qjR9rwZ.jpg

Do you mean, starting as an opforce player or switching to another 'playable' unit during a game? your starting unit always has the face you selected in your profile, switching to another playable unit during the game shouldn't set the face into your profile setting.

This does seem odd. Why not give us access to all (or at least most) of the faces? You've already made them, are they lower res or something?

A whole team of nordic looking Iranians is kinda stupid though...

A whole team of nordic looking Iranians is kinda stupid though...

Well you know how to change that