Sign in to follow this  
alainbo26

How to spawn mission environments in sequence

Hi,

By default, all missions you create in a sqm file are spawned at start so you can find all opponents everywhere you wanted to create a mission.

How is it possible to spawn opponents only when the previous task is accomplished?

Regards,

Alain

Just perfect SaMatra!

Now, I would have prefered to be able to dynamically load a sqm file in order to use the editor to place everything, because for example in my mission, I spawned a vehicle doing a patrol so, is there also a command to spawn waypoint?

Anyway, I first have to spawn the vehicle in the editor to at least, knowing the azimut.

Can you describe what exactly you're trying to do? There are ways of spawning a vehicle and dynamically creating waypoints, but that might not be what you need.

Hi Kilania,

I want to create a mission with different tasks:

A rescue on Xyros:

3C28FCDBC64334B86A0E51A5288C65A51C5C5EC6

A camp to clean in Kamino:

25301586AB9421B6F8A933945EFB5FC783E0A988

A convoy to stop in Jay Cove:

3C28FCDBC64334B86A0E51A5288C65A51C5C5EC6

but actually, if I create everything in the editor, I get this, event at runtime i.e. everything is spawned at start:

EDE309E2F55FA6D801A915A8E5FC3DADD8C7EED4

which is not what I'd like. I would like every task appear when the previous one is completed.

Using createUnit, BIS_fnc_spawn_Group, etc... is maybe the way, but I first have to create my scenario in the editor, test it, replace everything by markers and certainly make again dozen of tries to get a working script.... well, not efficient.

I think there is actually a big lack in the Arma3 editor to realize 'complex' scenarii using the WYSIWYG method!

So, it's maybe the reason why we find several scripts like AI spawn script pack or Ennemy Occupation System, etc...

I'm not fan of these script as they spawn almost anything anywhere, putting a vehicle between 2 trees and contribute, from my point of view, to create stupid AI. Well it's certainly ok to create basic missions where we just want to kill numbers of opponents. More like COD than Arma. I think.

Or maybe I missed something! Is there an easiest method?

Alain