railgun

Arma 3 Bulldozer (O2)

Hey there!

I've been trying to work on some gun conversions from Vilas' mlods, and I'm running into a problem trying to run bulldozer.

Running it through oxygen at "P:\bulldozer.exe" -window -noLand -buldozer results in the error External viewer: Unable to create viewer.

Changing the path to the arma3.exe loads bulldozer, but gives me the error External viewer: Attach failed. No viewer found. bulldozer itself is a grey screen with coords up top and what appears to be a crosshair.

This is my first time delving into Oxygen 2 and Bulldozer, so forgive me if the problem is obvious; my searches on the matter haven't returned any solutions!

Thanks for your time.

I don't honestly know if the Arma 3 client works with current oxygen. For A3 models I am working on atm, I am just using Arma 2 as my Buldozer engine and it works just fine. Of course, not all features work with current O2 for making Arma 3 models, especially vehicles and the such.

O2 buldozer should work even without any arma installed. (been there done that). Try reinstalling using admin privileges BITools 2.51?

Aye, I reinstalled (honestly don't know why I didn't try that earlier) and everything is working fine now! Feeling a bit sheepish. :P

Hey guys (gals?) I just downloaded the newest BI tools by way of Steam and I followed this THIS. . tutorial (with 4 re-do's and was still receiving "External Viewer: Unable to Create Viewer" error generated by O2. I've found & watched several videos on YouTube but the ones that are outdated didn't include Steam and the ones that (I presume) were using steam, began with both programs already running. ...........................................

Ok, this is weird..... Before i proceeded with submitting this post i decided to make SURE I exhausted every other resource at my disposal and i'll be damned! I was in the process of pulling all the windows up to snap a screenshot of my directories and file paths and when i clicked buldoer one last time to allow me to get the error msg in the pic,,,IT SAID "Loading Viewer"!!!!! Me and my 10yr old son were O.0! I think it was just the magical energies that BISTUDIO shines on me. lulz,,, but i digress; Now as it loads buldozer 'right when the loading bar is roughly at 90% I am now getting a windows error telling me ''Arma3 has quit working and needs to close''.

*shakes my head* I sat down this morning determined to work my a$$ off, just didnt know it would be this early on in the process. Is it a necessity to restart the computer after installing the tools suite? I read that somewhere but it was for ''OFP''

got the same error too.

reinstalled it, still the same problem.

got the same error too.

reinstalled it, still the same problem.

yep once again BI have completely messed up many Arma Tools Installations, update the tools that were working and instantly find they stop working....6 hours later, have to restrain myself from breaking into a tirade of expletives........

---------- Post added at 12:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

yep once again BI have completely messed up many Arma Tools Installations, update the tools that were working and instantly find they stop working....6 hours later, have to restrain myself from breaking into a tirade of expletives........

I just cannot understand what the f*** is going on, don't really want to have to do a fresh install of windows just to get BITools to work, they really need a better install and setup of the tools, that is plainly obvious

I'am very disappointed.

I also can't seem to get the viewer working either, I have had the exact same issue with the last tools as well.

Now I have to hold all my addons back once again, BI why couldn't you just do it the old way? Install the P drive and all the other tools all in one? I really just don't understand.

I'll be trying to fix this all day, I'll let everyone else now if and when I fix it.

GG BI, GG.

EDIT....

I have 'kind of' fix mine to the point of it working correctly.

This is what my P drive looks like : http://gyazo.com/8262eaebc49d0f148e1a2a7b2c53b3c1

It seems making a short cut to the new oxygen in the P drive and opening from that works.

Maybe this will be the case for some people also?

Edited by Hem

Guy. Do not launch object builder or terrain builder from steam. You WILL NOT get bulldozer to run.

Rather do what the previous post has stated. Make a shortcut to it wherever then launch the program then provided you have your p drive set up properly with buldozer inside it should launch fine.

• Like 1

Guys help me please.

I can't run Object Builder(Buldozer) steam version. What's the problem?

I've created P:\ drive

Run steam and Object Builder as administrator. I've created a shortcut.

But it don't work

------------------------------------------

http://i.imgur.com/vYXQvl7.png

Path to

D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools

http://i.imgur.com/bJXc5ef.png

Error

http://i.imgur.com/7xb58ao.png

Config Object Builder

Got it solved for me now.

Check your steam_appid.txt in your p-drive.

After the install of the tools it has 233800 in it (Id of Arma Tools), but you need the ArmA 3 App ID which is 107410.

After the latest update of A3 Tools, I got no buldozer.exe anymore? Where the heck has that gone? O2 can't display any preview anymore, this is goddamn annoying!

In ArmA2 not need to connect my steam account to start bulldozer. Now (arma3) need connecting to steam account for dozer work?

Like I wrote in the Buldozer Manual, it comes in some kind of a subprogram of Arma 3, in other words, it a running "mode". Then, Arma 3 requires Steam running (Offline or Online mode) in order to check the license (if your account owns the game or not) ;)

I still have this problem for more than 4-5 months, what the f*** is going on!!! :mad:

I have updated my ArmA 3 Tools, even re-installed it... problem still there. Already have ArmA 3 as well, so I don't see what is going on there. Bulldozer used to work fine when I had the old P:Drive from ArmA 2. After installing it for ArmA 3, it started the error. No matter what I do, every time I launch bulldozer it says the same annoying words (ArmA 3 Bulldozer also crashes before the error):

External Viewer: Attach Failed. No viewer found.

If I cannot get Bulldozer to work, then there is absolutely no possible way to create models.  -_-

same problem here.....

i opened the object builder because i need a new object for my island.

i did some tests , i saw in buldozer the results and then i desided to close the object builder without any save or change on the setup.

After 10 mins tried again some tests and when i ran buldozer ,i got  from the OB the error "External viewer: Attach failed. No viewer found. " and from steam "Game Launch Failed - Arma3 failed to start (error code 86)"

tried immediately with terrain builder and there the buldozer working fine. The error is only on object builder.

Now the OB is working as builder , but no buldozer.....

any suggestions?????

thanks

edit: i found that if i run the OB from arma3 tools gui, i get the error. If i run it with right click on my p3d and choose "open with" object builder from context menu , then the buldozer run....

my first tests was this way , thats why could see the buldozer first time...

suggestions?????

Here some questions then:

• What's the source folder of the P drive? (is it the same as the tools?)
  • What is the number written in P:\steam_appid.txt?
  • Was the launcher of the tools run from Steam?
  • Can you provide your install.lst located in the P drive?

Here some questions then:

• What's the source folder of the P drive? (is it the same as the tools?)
  • What is the number written in P:\steam_appid.txt?
  • Was the launcher of the tools run from Steam?
  • Can you provide your install.lst located in the P drive?

• same as the tools
  • i dont have any file named steam_appid.txt in root of my P drive (physical location "e:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\"
  • launcher from steam. Yes
  • my install.lst

e:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\buldozer.exe

e:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\steam_api.dll
e:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\PhysX3_x86.dll
e:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\PhysX3Common_x86.dll
e:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\PhysX3Cooking_x86.dll
e:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\GFSDK_SSAO_D3D11.win32.dll
e:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\PhysX3Gpu_x86.dll
e:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\steam_appid.txt
e:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\buldozer.cfg
e:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\install.lst

i see the file steam_appid.txt in the list but i dont have it in the drive...

thanks

1. The directory used for P should not be the same as the Tools directory.

(this could bring some issues during the update / verification process)

2. Could create a "steam_appid.txt" with the content 107410 (just the this number) in the root of P:\ and give it another try?

now i have in my P this file steam_appid.txt only with number 107410 in it..

same thing....no buldozer through steam tools gui.

i tried to change my Pdrive folder through steam arma tools preferences . i set the new drive path and move all my folders (my works,a3,ca,and all custom mods i have) .

i mount the P drive and i see all my folders there. I start TB and i see all my objects and everything i had there.But when i start buldozer i see only my terrain without objects and without satmap. white terrain only.

i move the folders in the original position (in arma tools folder) and choose again the default path to P from steam arma tools preferences , and my objects and my maps is there again.

what i m doing wrong ?

i start a new threat for this.....