Sign in to follow this  
Chief685533

Computer Crashes on Startup

My computer crashes as soon as the loading screen for Arma 3 Beta finishes. I don't get an error or any notification, it just goes to a black screen and shutdown. Also, after my computer turns back on again it says that it didn't shutdown properly. I can play any other game just fine and its only at this one spot that my computer crashes.

Try updating all your drivers. What video driver and graphics card do you have? Sound card? C sharp driver backup will copy what you have to a flash drive, Driver sweeper is a good utility to use in safe mode to erase the drivers entirely. Download newest driver for video and sound. Directx web installer. Ccleaner and smart defrag, glary utilities all good general maintenance. Windows update. Then verify local files for Arma in steam...

Are you using startup parameters for Arma? Are you using a launcher?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

I updated all my drivers and nothing. Also I have been using Glary for about a year now and I did verify the local files for Arma 3.

My Video Card is a Intel G41 Express Chipset and my Audio just says RealTek High Definition Audio.

Are you using a dedicated video card, or an on-board solution? If you're using the latter, then it's highly unlikely that your system meets the requirements.

Are you on a laptop? The system will struggle to run Arma I expect, but try a few things. Using the command line you can get " -maxmem=8192" "-cpucount=4" "-exthreads=7" -nosplash -skipintro "

Put in your cpu's cores and threadcount and memory amount accordingly.

What CPU are you running? How much ram? I would probably think about building a gaming PC...logicalincrements.com and pcpartpicker.com being a good starting point.

I know that may not help but I believe your computer may not have the power to run this otherwise.

I'm using an On-Board video card I believe. I have been able to run Arma 2 Combined Operations with 50+ addons just fine.

If its a desktop id look into a new card and possibly a power supply depending on what you have. I would recommend the 660ti as a good budget card.

No, I use a Desktop Computer with 4GB of Ram. Im not sure if this is the CPU, Pentium Dual Core E5300 @ 2.60Ghz.

New graphics card and power supply are a good starting point and if you upgrade those parts are transferable. Your processor is pretty weak.

So there is no possible way for me to run Arma 3 without getting a new Graphics Card?

If the startup parameters didn't help I don't think your machine will meet minimum spec. Honestly even a 50 dollar gpu is an improvement over what you have now...

Which is too bad because Arma 3 actually runs better than Arma 2.

So there is no possible way for me to run Arma 3 without getting a new Graphics Card?

There could be an underlying issue which isn't related to your system, however I doubt this very much. You have a very weak system and if possible should definitely look at upgrading your CPU and GPU at the least. If you have the money, an entirely new system is advisable. As always though, I would love to be proven wrong.

If the startup parameters didn't help I don't think your machine will meet minimum spec.

Apparently Arma 3 is much better at detecting hardware now so doesn't require start-up parameters relating to hardware. It's also not recommended to use more than 2047 when manually defining '-maxMem', as this is the hard-coded limit.

Old habits die hard.

Edited by MissileMoose

There could be an underlying issue which isn't related to your system, however I doubt this very much. You have a very weak system and if possible should definitely look at upgrading your CPU and GPU at the least. If you have the money, an entirely new system is advisable. As always though, I would love to be proven wrong.

With a CPU that old you'd be better off doing a fresh build. New motherboard/CPU/gpu/psu/case/optical drive/ram 500 dollars is a good baseline.

So Arma 3 requires less to run? I might of read that wrong. Also, it looks like my options are to get a new PC or find out if any an "underlying issue"

It runs better than Arma 2 for most people. You can get a new graphics card as a third option.

So Arma 3 requires less to run? I might of read that wrong. Also, it looks like my options are to get a new PC or find out if any an "underlying issue"

I think Dark6-6 was trying to say that Arma 3 has greater optimisation over Arma 2 in some areas, however it definitely does not require less resources to run. Areas which were demanding in its predecessor are still notorious in Arma 3.

If you are interested in purchasing a new system, I recommend posting in this thread for advice.

I can run Arma 2+OA and 186 Mods at one time with Average graphics and I cant run Arma 3. Is there anyway to find out if there's an underlying issue or another interfering program.

I can run Arma 2+OA and 186 Mods at one time with Average graphics and I cant run Arma 3. Is there anyway to find out if there's an underlying issue or another interfering program.

Apologies, I got distracted from the main issue.

Please upload a report file to Pastebin. You probably already know where your report files are stored, if not see here for information.

Sorry, I was responding to Dark6-6's reply and I didn't see yours till after I posted.

You could always try a clean install of windows as a last resort.

If its a desktop id look into a new card and possibly a power supply depending on what you have. I would recommend the 660ti as a good budget card.

So how would I find out if the 660TI would work for my computer.

What model is it?

Yeah you've got a Pci express x16 slot which is fine. Check out some resources like tomshardware.com's best graphics for the money to work with your budget.