Sign in to follow this  
Xariez

FULLY RETARDED bugs that makes me just want to rip the game up for

Hello!

This is quite of a rage post. Why? BECAUSE THERES SOME FUCKING RETARDED BUGS..

They are just something that makes me want to perma delete this game, and never ever return, really makes me furious, and u got no idea on how much anger thats sitting inside me right now..:mad:

1- When you order a Walrus in misstake to go to a place, HOW ARE U SUPPPOSED TO CANCEL IT? Suspend doesn't do shit, and as fast as i switch to another vehicle he starts going into a suicide zone. Would be awesome if u can just order him to go to a place, but he doesn't move a inch before u get the Execute command, and u have to execute it each time u want to start that process again.

2- The auto drive thing On walruses is also very badly made since they crash in any object.

I hope this gets fixed, because otherwise im just gonna rip my game apart, or is there any mods that would fix this?

Sorry for my caps and bad words, right now its just tons of anger going inside me, since the game itself is FANTASTIC and alot more than that, but some things just make me wanna kill myself..

*If u didn't want to read all the replies, one of the main issues was probably because my game was outdated, if thats a way u can say it.

X

Edited by Xariez

1. Press V to clear the plan on a unit.

2. The pathfinding is a well known issue, but I never find it to be that bad. Don't think of it as professional driver, just think of it as a rough guide to get your units where you want them, while you take care of other units, and jump in and take control when you need to.

1. Press V to clear the plan on a unit.

2. The pathfinding is a well known issue, but I never find it to be that bad. Don't think of it as professional driver, just think of it as a rough guide to get your units where you want them, while you take care of other units, and jump in and take control when you need to.

Fast and great answer, Thanks! :)

Though it says in the controls, that V stops the CARRIER, not the commands? And the pathfinding, do u know if it will get fixed? Since it gets annoying when u have to move multiple vehicles through a forest yourself sometimes, but good to know :)

X

Fast and great answer, Thanks! :)

Though it says in the controls, that V stops the CARRIER, not the commands? And the pathfinding, do u know if it will get fixed? Since it gets annoying when u have to move multiple vehicles through a forest yourself sometimes, but good to know :)

X

Strange, I already typed a reply to this last night, but now it's gone.

Anyway, the V function was not in the game at launch, it was added in a later patch. The pathfinding is better than it used to be, so it is improving with time.

Anyway, the V function was not in the game at launch, it was added in a later patch. The pathfinding is better than it used to be, so it is improving with time.

Haha okay :)

Oh, well that sounds amazing ! The game isnt too old either, so its really good for them that they put more stuff in the game aswell :D

Thanks a ton for ur answers, and i will hopefully be able to play the game now without just ripping my hair apart, lol

A MULTIPLAYER would be nice to have in the future aswell :)

---------- Post added at 10:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 ----------

I should have suspected this. This game is just full of annoying parts which HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED YET-

V doesn't do anything either, and something i hate about the units, as i said, if u order them to move to a position in misstake, and then you go to one walrus, the other one will just go there and that will keep happening. How are u supposed to entirely remove the FUCKING ORDER, and can there not be A FUCKING FIX where u have to click execute each time they should od a single fuck of the orders other than commanding them urself?

I really hope this is gonna get fixed, since i'll hate this game so much, because the game is enormously failed on one part.

X

---------- Post added at 11:37 ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 ----------

Also i forget to say, shouldn't the deadlyislands mod make the units not do a shit unless u execute them to do it? Well, nothing of that is working, might have the wrong gameversion though, im not totally sure.

Also i've noticed, if u go on Walrus 6 and hold it, the walrus 7 will get that command, not the one u selected, which is fucking retarded.

This game is amazing, BUT HAS SO MANY GAMEBREAKING FUCKING RETARDED BUGS!!! - Fix them asap or get a mod that atleast works, or i will seriously NEVER EVER play this game again, and never ever recommend it to anyone... Just make a fix where u got to click execute each time they should move, instead of that they just go to a suicidal point in mistake, gosh

Im not gonna touch this game anymore until it gets a fix, since im seriously breaking down of the retarded bugs.

sorry to disrupt your rage, but what version of game you were playing with?

It is strange that you are giving a command to one walrus and the other is getting the order, I would suggest a reinstall of the game, maybe your key bindings have got messed up. Pressing V when in command of a walrus should clear it's destination from the map. When you launch the game, the version in the bottom right should say 1.6.0004.

The deadly islands mod has a function where if a unit has a destination set, and you switch to another unit after being in manual control, it will not automatically resume course, and will just stay where it is.

One other thing occurs to me, are you issuing commands using the radial menu? The radial menu is for issuing commands to ALL units and not just the one you have control of, so if you were controlling walrus 6 and you hit dock on the radial menu, walrus 7 would respond to that order as well. Same applies if you have units selected as wingmen to your current unit, giving a command would apply to those units as well. But if none of this is the case, I would say copy your saved games and try a reinstall.

Also i forget to say, shouldn't the deadlyislands mod make the units not do a shit unless u execute them to do it? Well, nothing of that is working, might have the wrong gameversion though, im not totally sure.

Also i've noticed, if u go on Walrus 6 and hold it, the walrus 7 will get that command, not the one u selected, which is fucking retarded.

This game is amazing, BUT HAS SO MANY GAMEBREAKING FUCKING RETARDED BUGS!!! - Fix them asap or get a mod that atleast works, or i will seriously NEVER EVER play this game again, and never ever recommend it to anyone... Just make a fix where u got to click execute each time they should move, instead of that they just go to a suicidal point in mistake, gosh

Im not gonna touch this game anymore until it gets a fix, since im seriously breaking down of the retarded bugs.

@xariez You still not answered my question about the version build You use...

Sorry for my raging. When i posted this it was really really hot in my room, that plus some issues in a game made me to rage more than ever. Apart from me having theese issues, its a awesome game this far.

sorry to disrupt your rage, but what version of game you were playing with?

It is strange that you are giving a command to one walrus and the other is getting the order, I would suggest a reinstall of the game, maybe your key bindings have got messed up. Pressing V when in command of a walrus should clear it's destination from the map. When you launch the game, the version in the bottom right should say 1.6.0004.

The deadly islands mod has a function where if a unit has a destination set, and you switch to another unit after being in manual control, it will not automatically resume course, and will just stay where it is.

One other thing occurs to me, are you issuing commands using the radial menu? The radial menu is for issuing commands to ALL units and not just the one you have control of, so if you were controlling walrus 6 and you hit dock on the radial menu, walrus 7 would respond to that order as well. Same applies if you have units selected as wingmen to your current unit, giving a command would apply to those units as well. But if none of this is the case, I would say copy your saved games and try a reinstall.

Oh okay, yeah i ma using radial menu. What other is there to use? Also, it doesn't really give the order to the other walrus, its just, if i go to walrus 6 and give him a destination to drive to, i have to go to walrus 7, do "Suspend" in order to make him stop, if i switch back to walrus 6 to check where he ended up and go back to walrus 7 i have to do it again. I am afraid that im not having the newest patch though, as i said above in the last quote reply, im using 1.2.0034

@xariez You still not answered my question about the version build You use...

Sorry. We posted lal our 3 messages at the same time it looks like.

then i suggest you update to 1.6 patch

Oh okay, yeah i ma using radial menu. What other is there to use? Also, it doesn't really give the order to the other walrus, its just, if i go to walrus 6 and give him a destination to drive to, i have to go to walrus 7, do "Suspend" in order to make him stop, if i switch back to walrus 6 to check where he ended up and go back to walrus 7 i have to do it again. I am afraid that im not having the newest patch though, as i said above in the last quote reply, im using 1.2.0034

Why are you running such an old version? A lot of things have been fixed since then. Like Dwarden says, I suggest getting the latest beta 1.6.0004, and then we are all on the same page. If you still have these problems after updating, something is wrong. For the controls for your single unit, you can use the keyboard shortcuts E to resume autopilot, G to dock back to the carrier, or you can hold the right mouse button and use the command buttons.

You also mentioned running my Deadly Islands mod. The mod won't work at all without the latest beta, and in fact I think the version you are running was from before mods were enabled.

then i suggest you update to 1.6 patch

Yup, i should - From the version i have now, is there a way to upgrade directly or do i need all the other patches between? Also, is there a site where i can get these patches?

Why are you running such an old version? A lot of things have been fixed since then. Like Dwarden says, I suggest getting the latest beta 1.6.0004, and then we are all on the same page. If you still have these problems after updating, something is wrong. For the controls for your single unit, you can use the keyboard shortcuts E to resume autopilot, G to dock back to the carrier, or you can hold the right mouse button and use the command buttons.

You also mentioned running my Deadly Islands mod. The mod won't work at all without the latest beta, and in fact I think the version you are running was from before mods were enabled.

Well, i don't know really.. As i said above, that oculd be a large solution, so thats great that u guys actually gave me that info ,i really really appreciate it! :D

About the mod, ooh, now i get it, why that "Mod Enabled" box didn't appear :P

As i said above, is there a site where i can get these patches?

I think you can go straight to the latest version, here is the download.

http://www.carriercommand.com/patch/Carrier_Command_Patch_1.06_0004_Beta_SDK.zip

Okay, thanks alot! :D

If this really works, thanks A TON for helping me out! As i said above, it was hot in my room and i wasnt in the mood to play a game that i had some issues with, so then when i went to create this forum post, some of my rage just appeared. Same thing with the replies that was quite rageous.

Yeah - If this helps, Thanks a ton! ;D

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

Yup, had to try it right away. Now the V button is atleast working, which i bet will help me out alot.

If i don't get any further issues, u've helped me alot, Thanks! ;D