Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

AV_IndUs (US Army inspired units)

Or wait till the RHS mod is released. Alex joined them and this mod more or leased got rolled up into it.

Thankfully it should be released sometime this month!

Hi, we're also stuck being unable to use this mod due to lack of working key. Any chance this can be fixed? This makes us unable to also use mods that depend on this mod.

Hi, we're also stuck being unable to use this mod due to lack of working key. Any chance this can be fixed? This makes us unable to also use mods that depend on this mod.

Well...

Or wait till the RHS mod is released. Alex joined them [...]

Thankfully it should be released sometime this month!

Yes, well, a key would still be nice for now. It shouldn't be that much effort to create one, and I'd do it myself if I could (can't because it's not my mod and therefore I can't get it updated on Play withSIX, and making our players manually download keys is just not going to work).

That won't work because people are downloading the mod from Play withSIX, so I can sign it with my own key all I want but in the end the .bisign files people would have are for the non-working key. I can't send people to download .bisign files manually as that would make us spend all our time explaining to people which files go where and have no time left for actually playing with the mod. This is comes from harsh personal experience unfortunately. Getting people to use Play withSIX correctly is difficult enough. If there would be any more difficulties in installing mods we would simply have an empty server on our gaming nights.

I could sign the mod myself but the new signature would need to be updated on Play withSIX, otherwise it's not solving anything.

Still missing a fix for the sound of weapons :(

You could say that the evolution of Alex's mod is the US faction in RHS Escalation ( which is already available ), in fact Alex is working with us.

You could say that the evolution of Alex's mod is the US faction in RHS Escalation ( which is already available ), in fact Alex is working with us.

I know it perfectly, but also this "old" work continues to have its "charm" :p

but models of "AV InduUs" better than many of "us rhs" models are best worked helmets and equipment ... the texture of "us hrs' has a deformity in 3D modeling: in the arm and armor not looking good and horrible textures are blurry; instead the "AV Indus" are more engaged and better, it seems crazy to stop working on this and if so using these models in the mod "us rhs" are much better

but models of "AV InduUs" better than many of "us rhs" models are best worked helmets and equipment ... the texture of "us hrs' has a deformity in 3D modeling: in the arm and armor not looking good and horrible textures are blurry; instead the "AV Indus" are more engaged and better, it seems crazy to stop working on this and if so using these models in the mod "us rhs" are much better

You do realise that the uniforms in this mod are retextures of default A3 content right? And that the helmets are retextures of OA helmets, not completely new models?

Where are the blurry textures again? Deformity? I can't seem to find them.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/536253398236235920/1538B2D40304CCBECEDBA450B9F21C772CAE74F2/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/536253398236233462/5F013E73B4C959DAC472EADB158225B7025DF151/

Maybe it´s a card problem... my card (NVidia GeForce GTS 250) is DirectX10 only, I´m playing on texture Very High, objects Ultra, but the uniforms are a little blurry, Sabre´s texture for the M4s is a little blurry too... I see those screenshots and they don´t look like my screen =P

Could it be an optimization issue? Old cards, system can´t cope with high def textures, and despite our settings high, it displays lower def textures to keep the fps????

Maybe, my rig isnt the hottest set up, but shes no slouch. Runs max at 50-60fps and the textures look fantastic for RHS. So optimization may be the culprit

Weird, in my case the RHS shelmet and vest textures are the best I've seen in game, although I have the texture setting at max.

It's the 'weighting' of the vest etc.

Fair to say it's a 'favourite' job amongst ArmA modders and not the easiest thing in the world, also fair to say it was a learning experience for the guys who did it this time around, I'm sure like anything though they learnt alot of this go around and it will only improve in the future :)

It has nothing to do with textures, it has to do with unnatural warping of the shoulders on the vests.

>Unnatural Warp

Emprah Protect

ultimately the unit "AV Indus" are better and more real ... I have a 770gtx and very high textures, it's no problem configuration are small details of US RHS units ...

It's the 'weighting' of the vest etc.

Fair to say it's a 'favourite' job amongst ArmA modders and not the easiest thing in the world, also fair to say it was a learning experience for the guys who did it this time around, I'm sure like anything though they learnt alot of this go around and it will only improve in the future :)

Would that also go for the shininess of the RHS US Gear? I only ask because my question was drowned out on the RHS thread.